Mapping Out Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Mapping Out Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Thinking of Harmony this morning and hoping things are going well.
For some reason I thought her second surgery was scheduled for next week. Am I a week off?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks for the reminder, Sunny. It does seem so fast, doesn't it, Dee? I would have thought they'd have put more time between, but then again, she can be finished and on to brighter things this way.

Mapping - I think the image of a person struggling with an old-fashioned map is exactly the feeling I try to avoid with any chore method or record-keeping. It's humorous, but what a "detour" - tangled up in long, tedious paper, which I may have upside-down anyway.

Recently a helpful "map" for me :D has been the colorful 8.5 x 11 tear-off pad of to-do spaces from/by Michael's, because it has separate framed areas - cloud, photo-frame, etc. - to write short lists that can range from 3 to 7 items. It seems to keep my attention right now, because it's unstructured, like my cards. I looked for others while we were there yesterday, but didn't see any. On the net, I see many pads that are more structured (not the direction I want to go, but someone else might like it). The Script and Scribble pads are very like this one, but I couldn't recommend them at all. They are wildly expensive personalized gifts, and most of their spaces are not lined, anyway. I'm sure I spent less than $5 for this one.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:09 pm

Ooooh, I had forgotten that Harmony was getting second surgery today. At least, I think it is today also.

We have another sunny day here, although high is only a little more than 60. We have a freeze warning overnight. Farmers will be covering up their strawberries!

S tampin up toys just arrived.

I went on a long sidetrack trip looking online for a special pen or pencil to label the reverse of photos. Found one at a well known place that sells archival supplies, but the pen was only $4 and I was ordering two, but shipping was Fed Ex only and was $12. The graphite pencils I have are too hard so I guess I'll look for a soft graphite pencil and go with that.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:57 pm

I had a chiropractor visit this morning and I am sooo thrilled that I can take a deep breath without pain now. I am still in pain when I do other movements but it is headed in the right direction. The chiropractor encouraged me to restart my daily 30 minutes of non-stop walking activity. She told me to walk slowly for now and then I can build up to walking faster.

Lunch is a big salad piled as high as my plate will hold. Cabbage, radish microgreens, multiple varieties of freshly picked lettuce, sunflower seeds, olives, ACV and EVOO. I enjoyed it very much.

I don't think I've ever eaten Pak Choi but I've decided that I'm going to experiment with growing it. I wish I could try it before making this commitment but I've never seen it in the stores here. I like that Pak Choi grows well as microgreen, in soil or hydroponics. The leaves are good raw or cooked. From what I've read it grows year round and keeps well. I've ordered the seed so now I'm waiting to start the experiment.

We did 2 hours of homeschool today. We are doing a light homeschool schedule this week because the public school is out for spring break. I've learned that DS10 does NOT do well with skipping 9 days of school in a row. It is a PITA to get back into the groove and takes a couple of days to recover. IMHO it is not worth it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:07 pm

I am back from a walk in the field with dog.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Just found out that state employees including me are getting a 4% raise come July!

Also realized that I have an animal org board meeting tomorrow instead of Wednesday, so those minutes need to be WTF. I should also call DD17 and let her know I will not be seeing her tomorrow.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:33 pm

I'm back and just up and around a bit. Pretty rough recovery here. Just took something hope it helps and hope my sight comes back. Don't have much in this eye yet but I had extra pain block and extra operation so it'll take a while. Ok, this is uncomfortable in front of the screen. Going back to bed.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:05 pm

(((Thank you for checking in, Harmony))) rest, rest. Maybe you can have a nap.

Cueing very soft hallelujah chorus. Elizabeth is getting a raise.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:11 pm

headache is still here.... mmmm I need to have a talk with the weather person

hi d harmony praying for faster recovery
hi Elizabeth yay on 4% raise
hi d Nancy I used to love walking in the fields with my dogs - hope you had a lovely walk
hi d lady wonderful what a blessing to be able to breath without pain
hi d twins I am so happy it was 60 and sunny for you today
hi d harriet lol re: avoiding the feeling of the old fashioned map. lol I am sure if you stop by the dollar store you will find some nice paper
hi d dee how sweet that your dh went to volunteer at school
hi d sunny yay on routines being done.
Happy birthday to your d son I believe or could it be dd. d kathryn
hi d everyone... I can't go back any further.
wishing you all a wonderful day.

my vacuum cleaner broke. (it started spitting out little pieces of fuzz, dog/cat hair and slivers of paper. I have an extra one for upstairs.
I did my paperwork for this morning
lol I want to take a nap.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:20 pm

spoke to dd younger... she is happy there. We have worked out how to communicate and what is needed from dh and I. Our goal is to make this a safe transition. We are emailing each other - I have my thoughts and then she has hers but we are communicating re: this via email. we have agreed to just enjoy each other on the phone for now and she can still tell me her news and what is going on while she is working out how to move forward. Her rash is gone now that my mom put away the nuts she again brought out. the oils on her hands, I think, were the culprit. It wily l be a learning time for both of us but mostly dd. The world isn't easy and it is better to learn how to work with the world. It is scary for dh and I but we did let dd older go to paris to be an intern and I was terrified. I don't like it one bit but I have to find a way to let her go to find her place in the world and still feel she has people who love her unconditionally. who said parenting was easy or doesn't age you lol. 8-) :shock: :D

I am so tired but I will continue on.
Next put the basket I have down in the basement for put away.
I took ty lon el and I am hoping it kicks in soon.

ta ta for now. much love to all of you. Keeping the faith!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”