Mapping Out Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Mapping Out Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Still not sure what our dinner plans are.

Ds and gf are on the road because it takes 90 minutes to get to the planned restaurant from his house during rush hour. I said I'd call him when I know, waited 20 minutes and still no news so I texted dd, reminding her that ds needs to know because of the drive. They'll do errands in the city before going home, and we'll have dinner together with dd and family, so the drive won't be a complete waste, but still, when you live that far away, people can't change plans at the last moment and expect you to 'just go with the flow.'

Dh and I have to leave in 20 minutes if we are going, so asking for an update isn't out of line at all. I honestly don't know what dd is thinking.

In the meantime, I've watered the plants, done 3 loads of laundry, picked up the mail, deep cleaned one of the humidifiers and refilled the rest of the humidifiers. So the day isn't a complete loss but not overly productive either.

Edit: it's on, so now getting ready quickly to go.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 pm

Last night I tried to map out Monday and I guess I have followed the map somewhat, but I seem to be getting sidetracked and road weary.

I did strip the bed and the sheets are in the washer now.
I did NOT (or at least, I have not YET) call the phone company OR vacuum the house for WHB and zone vacuuming in the bedroom.
The phone company phone call is because -- crazy situation -- I bought a new cordless phone and there is no way to check voice mail on it. The instructions say to call the service provider and get an access code for voice mail. :?: :? :roll: :?: I have never heard of anything like this. Nine out of ten times, voice mails are left on my cell phone rather than landline anyway, but I hate not to have it... so I need to figure this out.

Took a few detours...
* post office w/dh, paid phone bill
* talked to dfriend's husband on the phone (dfriend is continuing to do well in rehab)
* talked to dmom on the phone
* did some reorganizing/decluttering on kitchen counter and refrigerator front
* cleaned up the mess created by a little bird nest builder right above our back door. I'm sorry to destroy his efforts at home-building, but, you know... location, location, location...

I need to s2s & wash hair... and call the phone company... and finish laundry... and vacuum.

(((Blessed))) I know it must be sooo hard to let dd try her wings like this! I'm glad she is happy and the rash has disappeared. Hang in there!

(((Harmony))) -- hope you get some good rest in and feel much better soon!

Woo hoo, Elizabeth! I know a 4% raise would be a cause for celebration around here! Retired teachers have had only ONE raise in all the years dh has been retired. It is ridiculous here. With insurance increases, dh's check is actually less than it was 10 years ago.

WTG on your walk, Nancy.

So glad you are feeling better, LadyM!

Twins, we have a freeze warning tonight too! I just saw it. Beautiful day right now though.

Harriet, I keep wanting some sort of "perfect" map/system... keep getting frustrated... main problem is just ME and my total lack of energy. I want to study the map but I don't want to get on the road, I guess.

Waving to Dee... Sunny... Kathryn (Happy birthing day!) and EVERYONE!
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi!

We are having chicken with potatoes and onions cooked in the oven. Recipe says it only takes 30-40 minutes. I seriously doubt that. BUT the oven is at 425. We'll see.

Got up as soon as dh left. Ran the Roomba. Tried to get stuff put away. Put all the clothes that I didn't get put away over the weekend into the dry to fluff after supper tonight.

Went to knitting from 9 until 12 and then the other one from 1-3. I have NO PLANS for tomorrow other than "possibly" going for a mani/pedi. I do, however, have to start packing the suitcases. YIKES!!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Our weather here is absolutely beautiful today. Bright sunshine and calm winds. I've turned the digital babysitter off since I am feeling better and the weather is good.

Dinner is smoked sausage & 5 types of vegetables sauteed. It turned out very tasty.

This afternoon I started painting the porch that is outside of our bedroom. That exterior door & porch are rarely used but they still need to be maintained. I am a SUPER slow painter since I do it in between other activities. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me a month to finish this porch and I'm okay with that. I am thrilled to have it started.

Today I transplanted 10 Early Girl Hybrid Tomato plants from soil into 1/2 cup mason Jars.. I used a 1" section cut from pool noodleto hold the plant in the air while waiting for the roots to develop. I have these 2 items (mason jars/noodles) in abundance so it is a free hydroponic setup. I like that both items can be reused for years. I planted 10 seeds and had 100% germination. I'm ignoring the fact that I already have too many plants started. I have the seeds on hand and equipment to do it.....and I find it fun. Maybe I'll give the extra plants away.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Well our map for today was a huge detour in life. :lol:

DH somehow pulled a muscle in his left shoulder and his arm is hurting a lot. He thinks he did it reaching in back of his head. He says it's ok he still has one arm he can use. Neither shoulder operates very much at all. We are learning the hard way we're not so self-sufficient after all. I told him both of us can't be down at the same time. While he was resting in bed with sore arm I missed a round of eye drops because I can't think straight yet. I guess we need a nurse. :D

I'm bored staying in bed so I got up. Have been listening to tv all day, can't watch it and can't read the menu words either. I'm just glad I did so much work ahead of time, things aren't piling up around me while I'm being lazy. I go back to Drs. for post-op tomorrow 10:30. Trip up to big city this morning was pretty gnarly. Rush hour traffic. Almost got in 2 accidents on the interstate.

Feeling blessed we made it back and forth ok. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 pm

I've felt kind of at loose ends today. I stamped some but never felt I was making anything particularly worthwhile - nothing looked right to me. I went out and got hair cut and mailed a card. Told the hairdresser that I *think* I'm ready to let it go gray. I'm overwhelmed by these photos that I started going through this morning. So many I should scan and share and figure out who they are. But OTOH, if I have a couple of photos where my dmom's aunts are identified, does it matter that there are more that *might* be the aunts that I let go?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:07 pm

I sure hate those 'almost' accidents on the Interstate, Harmony. Got on 75 going north after our luncheon in Sarasota. Next on ramp I was squeezed between truck getting on & truck on my left with no room for any of us. I always grit my teeth going 4 to Orlando or back for hockey. I'm not sad that I've only made 3 games this year. Dh is going with dd tomorrow night and Thursday night. He's really tired tonight after being at school all day today. I'll take him up to meet dd about 3:30 tomorrow. Thursday he'll be with her all day as well. He's going to be so tired by the time he leaves next Tuesday with DS-R & family coming Friday night - Tuesday.

Off to bed for me.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:38 pm

Harmony wrote:I'm just glad I did so much work ahead of time, things aren't piling up around me while I'm being lazy following doctor's instructions to aid my healing.

There, I fixed that for you.

Remember the messages we write affect us. Choosing positive words is important. "When I get better.." not "If I get better..." is an example.

Way back in 1998 on the original boards there was a flurry of renaming as we realized how negative it was to post under negative names. Carolina Messy became Carolina Miracle. That was when Worthy picked that name for herself.

You have the name Harmony. In music, harmony is when two notes combine to make something richer or fuller. It isn't when one sound overpowers the other, silencing it. You have the responsibility to sing your note but not let anyone else's voice over-power you. If you are healing and not able to sing out, then the other voice needs to carry the tune. If the other voice won't do that, then the music has to stop. You are not required to carry the tune when you are healing. In music, there are rests and this is a rest time for you.

You are not being lazy. You are doing what is required in order to heal.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:49 pm

I've added a new formatting code, strikethru, which is under the bold/italics/underline buttons. Highlight what you want to strike through and then click on that button and the text will appear with a line through it.

For instance: this is text I want to strike through.

That was really easy. Google was my friend.

Dinner was a good time.

We got there late but the others were there and dgsM2 was off with his mom checking out the options. He opted for ice cream first! Which is allowed. He also had carrots, yorkshire pudding, roast beef, fruit, some fries and other stuff so we got our $2 value for him. Dd ate free, dh gets the senior rate. The food is decent there and we get chances to try things we might not try otherwise.

Ds was going to give us a ride home but couldn't re-attach his hitch platform because the hitch post lock has ceased shut with the salt and moisture. So the platform was still in the backseat. That was OK, we just took the bus home and I got extra steps since his car was away from the bus stop.

I'm exhausted and will head to bed soon. Tomorrow is another busy day (meeting downtown with our investment guy and then hair cut for dh.) Not sure what is for dinner tomorrow night. At least I'll get my steps in since we bus downtown and I'll be able to stop in at the grocery store on our way home.

Wednesday and Thursday are singing days. Friday dh is running a webinar in the morning and has a meeting at the hospital in the afternoon for more information on his next volunteer job as a medical courier.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:14 pm

I did some dusting today.
Having locely wearher 56* was our high temp.
Got some wood ash for my potting mix.
Dinner is in the oven now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”