Tremendous Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tremendous Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:37 pm

((((Norma)))) It's good to see your check in.

I accomplished my 2nd day of walking 30 minutes non-stop. I can't do my normal walking pace and was reminded of that over and over because I kept having pain in left side where the ribs were popped out. Each time the pain came I would slow my walking pace. I'm just so thrilled to finally be at this point of recovery and being able to breathe without pain.

DGD7 is practicing drawing. Page after page. She is a perfectionist with her drawing and starts over when it isn't what she wants. DGD7 draws almost daily so one of our dining room tables is usually covered in paper, multiple types of pencils and markers. I usually organize it (sorta) each day but it quickly returns to in progress status.

DS10's friend left about 2:30pm so he finished his homeschool assignments. Now DS10 has another neighborhood friend here riding bikes and go carts.

I fixed chicken fried steak for dinner with a side dish of sauteed vegetables (squash, zucchini, onions, Rotel and spinach).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:08 pm

I am watching/listening to the webinar here. I've actually done some genealogy work today! Also some stamping, and laid down for a bit but didn't sleep. I thought I had body work tomorrow but it is on Thursday a.m. I do have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow afternoon.

Dh will be home tomorrow night but I don't know if we'll eat in our go out. He goes out of town on Thursday a.m. and gets back on Sunday a.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:44 pm

hi d twins yay on getting some work done! I am thinking i need to go back to therapist while dealing with dd younger and worry about her future.

hi d Lady I am so happy you are able to breath again without pain. it will take time for your body to feel like its young self.
it sounds like a lovely evening d lady

hi d norma praying for your health and feeling better and stronger ((()))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:48 pm

I want to do more work but I think it's best to let it Be... every time I think of the Sesame streets Letter B sung to the beatles song.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:52 pm

bw2 said:
I am thinking i need to go back to therapist while dealing with dd younger and worry about her future.

It couldn't hurt, I highly recommend having a way to talk things out. A therapist isn't involved so can see things we don't see.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:58 pm

Nice addition, Kathryn! Ok, here's my tale of my lazy inactive day today.

Yeah, when I'm not on top of everything, keeping all the plates spinning and organized, I do feel lazy, even if I have a good reason for things being this way. I am learning to let it all go and give the request and just sit and wait. It's not easy. Changing a 25-year pattern around here is tough.

DH is worn out. His shoulder hurts because he was stretching it. His therapist years ago told him to not let it get stiff, so if he feels it's getting stiff he does some stretching. He doesn't want to get frozen shoulder and this time I fear he's over-done it as usual. Now he thinks he's pulled something in his back and he could hardly walk across the parking lot to get the car for us. I think it's so much driving back and forth in all that traffic that's affecting his back. And I know he's not just feeling sorry for himself as that's so NOT his way.

Last night he was sleeping in any available spot as I moved him from place to place. I was so sick I was frightened and wanted him with me...so he did a lot of standing in the throne room. Blessed, I was along with you with the headache. I did think of R Rose too as I went through that 8-9 hours of misery. Nurse told me she's seen grown men cry, experiencing what I was going through. What make anybody think men's pain is any different from women's? Or that they have to be tougher?

It's cold here again, into the 50's in the AM. Where is this weather coming from? We have space heaters going again.

We go to drs. again tomorrow, but the closer one. Today was at both places, the 45 in away one and the one in the big city. Lots of driving. And I was very motion sick through all of it. These places are going to start charging us rent, we've been there so much. DH just sits in waiting room and takes naps! Dee, we go up to Bee Ridge and over to 41 and a few miles north, so we're right in the middle of a lot of traffic. The best doctors are always in the bigger cities, aren't they?

Blessed, I guess DD will have to find a job if she's to live on her own? I can understand your worry. But if you are her supportive safety net, maybe this will be a step forward for her to figure out independent life? Hoping for the very best outcome.

Thinking about Norma too. Recovered health for sure.

Ok, I'm off to bed. Hopefully a good night's sleep to make up for yesterday.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:33 pm

Norma: loss of muscle due to illness is a HUGE thing. I remember crying in the hospital with the pancreatitis because I knew I would lose all the progress I had made from being bedridden with the hepatitis 10 months before. I was just starting to feel normal and then was tied to a bed again (on IV but also too weak to walk.)

The UK hospitals did an experiment to reduce "PJ paralysis", requiring anyone who could sit up out of bed be required to wear street clothes. They had people assist the patients in getting dressed each day. The idea was to help people feel better to make them get better faster, therefore freeing up a hospital bed sooner.

There are other reasons to do this, for a senior, 10 days of bed rest can be the loss of 10 years of muscle strength.

It wasn't just the mind helping people heal faster, if they had clothes on, they moved around more, so didn't lose muscle mass and therefore ended up going home earlier.

Our hospitals in Canada are starting to pick up the trend.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Dinner was just the second meal of tourtiere meatloaf, this time with homemade fries as well (we haven't had those for a long time.)

I did the cleanup and did my weekly kitchen chores at the same time.

I think dh is ready to go to bed now.

I'm pretty bright-eyed and bushy-tailed because I did have a nap. But I should get to bed now that my tea is done because tomorrow is a physically challenging day (I find singing in public exhausting.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Got dinner over with. Started the dish washer. Got a plan going for tomorrow.I got my grow lite up and it works. Not really so much of a need now but I wanted it for next fall / winter.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:02 am

Just checking in... tremendously busy day for me with teacher's lunch — fun, stayed an extra hour talking with my two English hall buddies, one of whom has just recently joined our group.
Then about 3 hrs later, nursing home with dh/ds/ddil/dgrands.
Then we all ate supper together at local restaurant.

I could have done a lot of stuff in the 3-hr break but I took a nap!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”