Tremendous Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tremendous Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Kathryn - Thank you for the new feature on the SHE board! Your expertise and knowledge are a treasure. StrikeThru feature is now available!

We are having a hodgepodge type of day but I'm just going with it. DS10 has a friend here for several hours today. His homeschool assignments are ready and waiting for him to do after the friend leaves. DD picked DGD7 up around 8am this morning to spend some time with her. DH has been to the clothes closet to do the heavy lifting and lunch prep for the volunteers. I have been playing with the plants both inside and outside for a couple of hours. Time just seems to evaporate when I'm fiddling with the plants.

I continue to feel better. I find myself taking deep breaths at random times just because I can. I haven't needed to take any pain meds since I went to see the chiropractor yesterday. There is still some discomfort when I move and stretch the left side but the pain level is reducing. I am thankful. I highly recommend alignment by a chiropractor. They can do things that a "regular" doctor can't (or don't). The regular doctor did comment 22 days ago that I might have some ribs out of place when he diagnosed me with pleurisy. But he didn't attempt to put them back into place and his treatment was steroids which didn't fix the problem. The chiropractor accomplished it in less than a minute of manipulations. Reminder to myself.....don't wait so long to seek chiropractor adjustment!!

I am nodding along with Harriet about bw2's parenting skills:
You are a terrif Mom! Are you kidding me?!?

Yes!

Since we can't predict the weather.......I am wondering if we could (or should) have a guessing game to when RR's DGD will be born. I think it is supposed to happen in the next couple of week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:16 pm

I got through those five. I still have laundry and clearing the kitchen table that is undone.

I feel like I am just coming apart sometimes. DD called and kept me on the phone for longer than I wanted. I had changed into jeans but still had pajama top on and ddog was following me everywhere. And she went over the plans for the Purim festival again and why the timing is terrible (school break here) and no one will show up .....until I was nearly in tears. I finally got off to walk the ddog and have finished that short list.

I also followed up on a script - the doc had written it last time for my tummy to help with the tummy distress I was feeling on the carbamazaine. But she also changed to a different formation of the carbamazapine so I wanted to go for a few days without the stomach med to see if I really needed it. I think I probably do, so I checked on it. Dr office sent message they had sent pharmacy a refill but I never got notification that pharmacy had the script ready. So they got it, said it wouldn't go through when it was sent, and they had let it sit there. Now will take another day or order it. :lol: At least I did that.

Going to stamp a bit and try the "challenge" with new colors this week.

LadyM, I am so glad you are feeling better. Is your weather that much warmer than mine, or are you putting out cold hardy plants? Our average last frost date is April 6 according to this site: https://www.almanac.com/gardening/frostdates
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:51 pm

Morning...

Beautiful day here with temps in the low to mid 80’s. Won’t last long as rain is in the forecast and so is a big drop in the temps. I’ll take it cause I don’t want to give up my good sleeping weather.

Two loads of laundry done and put away. Another is in the dryer. The house is in good shape and I have removed all my footprints. Need to water my sunnies and then plan on giving Willis a bath. He stink, but fortunately he loves being washed.

Have a facial later today and then will stop in at wally world since they are close to each other. I need cleaning supplies. Dinner is easy and then Sweetie and I are attending a spring concert afterwards

Vera Mae is due to enter the world on March 28th, but both my dil and I think she’ll show up during the first week of April. My bag is already packed with non-essentials and all I really need to add are my clothes. Need to keep an eye on the weather to really know what to pack. I only plan to stay 2-3 days and then come back for a longer visit in about 4 weeks.

I am hoping they will plan Vera’s christening at that time. They want to use my christening dress that has been use for over 5 generations. I will only travel with it and depending on how big Vera is the window for using it may be small. My brothers son also lives in Dallas and my son and he are more like brothers than cousins. He and his wife will be attending the christening and if the gown can be used it will be the same dress he was christened in.

Time to water my sunnies.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:03 pm

hi again. dh and I have been working together - I empty the boxes and he recycles, donates and cuts up boxes.
very proud off both girls - I have been sending them pictures of things in boxes and all items (so far) have gone except for one box! that's huge.
Actually surprised that dd older had more down stairs than I thought.
dd younger was happy about that lol.

Next bring up more boxes to go through
my goal is to pull all of dd youngers cloths for her to go through this weekend.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Is your weather that much warmer than mine, or are you putting out cold hardy plants?

I think that I'm a little further north than you are so that website shows my average frost date as April 19th. I've always used April 10th as our last frost date. But that website also says "Last and first frost dates are 30% probability. Calculated using 1981-2010 Climate Normals" So there is 70% chance of them being wrong. LOL.

Since I have an abundance of seed starts that gives me the opportunity to experiment and play the odds with the frost date. Yesterday I set 5 pepper plants outside and will either bring them back inside or cover them up each night. I made this decision because I want them to get some direct sunlight. These are mature pepper plants that I brought inside last fall. They have continued to bloom and give peppers all winter.

Today I set out 3 broccoli plants that I started from seeds on March 7th. I put these in an earthbox (soil) and have paper cups around the tender broccoli plants to protect them from the wind. It is all an experiment. If they die I have plenty more to play with.

I am surprised how much I am leaning toward no soil. As I am experimenting and raising plants next to each other in soil and hydroponics the soil is becoming less desirable. Yesterday I removed all of the seed starter pellets I have used and put those plants in water with pool noodles holding them. It was very apparent that the seed starters pellets are cr*p compared to hydroponics. IRL everyone I know loves the seed starter pellets so discovering the difference was a surpise to me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:14 pm

I am back from the store. Happy to say I got the stuff unbagged and put away. Glad I found a full sprictum bulb, chatted with a friend while I was there. Lovely day here. Looks like we are going to have above freezing at night next week... if they are right but they have been wrong in the past.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:37 pm

We're home after a successful day downtown. But I'm exhausted so think I'll take a nap now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:53 pm

glad you had a lovely time downtown d kathryn

hello d nancy yay on getting everything put away

hi d lady oh my goodness I can't put anything outside to harden up (plants) yet. we are starting them now

hi d all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm

I have been working on dd youngers cloths - she has lost now 40 lbs while down there (nutritionist and 5 days a week working out) so now she is ready for smaller cloths. so everything is pulled. she picked out some tops for herself.

dh and dd older want dd to come back here and force her. I don't think that will work out that well esp. now she has friends and has been working hard with the weight loss and health for 4 months and is finally getting somewhere. I want her safe.

She struggled a lot when she found out that she can't stay at d mom's apartment during the summer but it is my moms home. The problem is dd had no idea as she had been talking to my mom for 3 months and originally said yes but never told her no. I had no idea either way. it is mom's house! so dd adjusted to this news but was hurt that mom never said anything back when she was talking about it. She even said something to mom two days ago. mom was miffed that I told dd that I she had to get her own apartment. oh well you can't please everyone.

Lots to get through to dd - in a short amount of time.
I will let it go today but tomorrow will write her about what her plans are. she has to financially make her way. I just am worried she will stay there permanently. I will be going in the beginning of april. I can't handle heat so this shall be interesting.

time to continue putting things in the 3 season room for the cloths separation talk this weekend.

Norma

Postby Norma » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Thank you Harriet for thinking of me. I am struggling but each day seems to maybe be getting a bit better. I just want to be home and feel better again. This has been so overwhelming to me. The loss of strength is unbelievable. Thank you again.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Return to “Post When You Can”