Tremendous Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Tremendous Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:26 am

I hope you have a tremendous day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tremendous Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:39 am

Slow moving here. Need to leave the apartment in about 45 minutes so should probably get dressed!

I have had my breakfast and made the bed. Plus I opened the mail and put most of it away. I need to move some money into our chequing account to pay the bills that arrived.

It is a sunny day here but still on the cold side. They keep promising above freezing temperatures but when we woke up this morning they were saying the feels-like temp was 0*F. I'm not impressed. Dh said, "But the high tomorrow is mid 40's!" and I had to point out I'll be in the car tomorrow. Today I'm busing and walking and so I care that today is not above freezing. It will be 75* at some point in May and 90*F at some point in July but that doesn't really make a difference for my day today.

I'm pretty bitter about the fact that they have been so inaccurate with the forecasts this year. About 5 weeks ago, our weather expert said that day was the last day with a daily high temp in the negative double digits (in Celsius, so still above 0*f). Less than a week later we ended up with almost 2 weeks in a row where the daily high was well below -10*C. Sure he apologized but it doesn't make up for the psychological damage he did to those of us who were relieved to hear that things would be a bit better for the rest of the winter only to be bashed down with bitter cold and wind-chills well below -20C.

Psychologically, this has been a very hard winter and the forecasters have done nothing to help. They seem to think that saying "tomorrow" or "next week" will be better is helpful but constantly dashed hopes does not lead to anything but bitterness. Short-range is even worse. Forecasters have been unable, on average, to forecast 6 hours in advance this winter. So checking the forecast is useless since you have no idea what the weather will be like after leaving the house, even if you look just minutes before leaving the house.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:55 am

I ended up giving in to the headache yesterday - Today feels like a Monday which is a very good thing for me. 8-)

d kathryn you probably are bitter about the actual weather still sticking around. I looked at Colorado on the news this morning and those sweet people are buried so I am trying to believe that spring is coming!!! it still doesn't make it better when seasonal disorder gets the best of me when it's grey, snowing and yucky. But it is coming. You will have it too!!! we are at the end - lol, well, 2/3 to 3/4 to the end.
It HAS been a long hard winter. Spring/Summer will be sweet for us with seasonal disorders. much love to you.
I hope you have a tremendous tuesday as well!!!

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:04 am

gosh I love a new day especially after a headache has lifted (also worry and depression re: dd younger). d mom removed all nuts again and washed things - dd youngers rash is gone!!! I think there had to be a link but mom doesn't believe it.

lots of parenting/guidance going to be happening. dh said I have to have faith, accept the tears she will have and the hard lessons she will have to go through, and the worry of what could happen for us. I should have prepped her better but she has always been really sick and her learning issues and brain injuries in the later years. A lot got put off by me babying her and trying to get through the next illness and er things. Not an excuse - I should have prepped her. She is a very good person but not having college and her business skills re: moving forward on her photo has to go into full gear to make a living will be an issue. she can't live on air. So with dh I am leaning on my faith and being totally honest etc and letting her fall but be a listening ear will be important. (I am going to find joy in the valley's as well as in the mountain tops and see this as a good learning time for dd)

Today is my declutter day. woo hoo.... i know you are jealous.

have a wonderful one.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:15 am

I'm betting ddyounger is enjoying the 'milder' temps in FL, Blessed (do I have that right? Younger?) Although it's plenty cool for here. It was in the low 50's this morning. On the bright side DS-R & family are looking forward to a beach day on Saturday. It's SUPPOSED to be 77 & sunny. Given Kathryn's forecasts who can wager on it? DGS14 still doesn't know they're coming as far as I know. Think they're trying not to tell him till they're at least on the way to the airport on Friday. But then I would think he'd know something was up when DDIL is packing and/or when they don't get him off to school on Friday. They're renting a car in Orlando so that turns out well for me. I was fearing taking them to the airport at some ungodly hour on Tuesday. Dh leaves early that morning for up north and I have to take DD to our friend's to catch their flight to Seattle Tuesday afternoon. Think they get in to Seattle around 1am their time. Sure they're all going to have jet lag that day.

Harmony, hoping you're feeling and seeing better today. Am concerned about your dh's LEFT arm hurting. You're sure it's from his reaching, right? Even so saying a prayer for him AND you!

I slept or rather did not sleep until after 3am. Woke back up at 3:30 for a potty break :cry: . Then slept till around 6, got up for another break & took my T-med. Didn't get back up till after 8am. I was dragging. (Love the strike thru, Kathryn!)

Dh's db/dsisil came to get him around 9:15 to go see his much older brother. Guess his home has been sold and he has to be out by 4/7. Understand that one of dd's is coming from CA early next month to take him back with her. This should be interesting since one of our dniece's & nephew don't speak to him (and for good cause IMHO). Didn't know dsisil was going over. Obviously I did not go. This will most likely be the last time dh sees him. His brother is almost 92 & in poor health. At this age his 5th wife is divorcing him and somehow forced the sale of their home, essentially leaving him with nothing as she managed to finagle it to get all the proceeds. Interesting.

Off I go to start my day. I'm declaring today an "Anti Procrastination" day. Have to if I'm ever going to be ready for dh to go Tuesday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:25 am

Yes, I'm jealous.

HRH just called to ask again about when the treatment can happen and they said, oh, it's tomorrow. Sigh. It's not that I don't want this out of the way, but good grief we have no chance to plan, and of course this will take most of the day tomorrow. Also dstepson has his one chance to come home for a few days after weeks away, and it starts tomorrow late, so he'll be home when his Dad will be having a weary recuperation time.

I need to get in gear and prepare a bag for tomorrow, try to think of lots of things. As Dee just mentioned, "an ungodly hour" in the morning starts us off. (remembering this as a catch-phrase of the invisible Mrs. Wolowitz on Big Bang).

blessed, your ddyounger is in my thoughts and prayers. You are a terrif Mom! Are you kidding me?!?

Hope Harmony is better.

Norma, still thinking of you as you recuperate further.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:40 am

Kathryn, I could use a tremendous day. I still feeling like I am struggling, although I have so few things to worry about right now, compared with so many others. I don't have much motivation to walk and get in steps, which feeds into feeling so low. Actually, I don't have much motivation to do anything these days.

Dh is late again tonight and I have a webinar to watch at 8 p.m. I'm hoping that will help give me a taste for more genealogy.

I need to get out of pajamas and take the dog around the block and get some sunshine!

I am suffering in this colder weather right now. Somehow I didn't mind it so much in Dec/Jan, but now I feel like I'm cold all the time. It still "feels like" 43 degrees out. I've had the thermostat at 66 most the winter and been fine, but now I need it turned up a bit. To a lot of you, 43 degrees feels like a heat wave but I'm just feeling weird these days. I've been using a heater in the bathroom when I shower lately, which I didn't do all winter...

I am nodding along with Harriet about bw2's parenting skills:
You are a terrif Mom! Are you kidding me?!?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:53 am

-get dressed, brush teeth
-walk the ddog
-finish kitchen clean up (blender for smoothie)
-make the bed
-fold two loads of laundry and put away
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:45 am

It is frosty out this morning I am having trouble getting in gear. Made the mistake oif getting sucked into a net flicks series.Tring to find the last one I hhave seen.we are suppised to have a high of 60* today yea!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:50 am

I am nodding along with Harriet about bw2's parenting skills:
You are a terrif Mom! Are you kidding me?!?
Ditto!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”