Wednesday - It's SPRING!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday - It's SPRING!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:46 am

On the road to the seniors' luncheon. We sing for our lunch.

The car says it is 42*F. Hazy sunshine. So it will be a pleasant drive.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Morning...

Well I sprung into action this morning!

Bed made, kitchen and dinner done, sunnies were watered....already my mammoths are 3" high and my Sweet Peas have sprouted. Got 2 miles in on my gazelle while watching Perry. Worked on finding the bottom of my desk and am now about to attack my closet.

Its spring so I need to change out my seasonal clothes. Should be interesting because this time I am not sure what the future holds and what type of climate I might find myself in next year. I've already organized the closet that holds my hanging seasonal stuff so that will help.

Gonna take a big breath, drink some water and start. Weather is suppose to be around 85* today, but its overcast at the moment. Talk of rain coming in overnight but it looks to me like it might already be on its way. Big temperature drop is expected as well. That means I have a few more nights of good sleeping weather.

Waving to y'all.... :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Dfriend M called earlier about walking around the block with the ddogs, so we went, and when I got back I just dove into genealogy work. So here I am. I need to s2s and finish a.m. routine!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:47 pm

Harriet, I hope HRH's treatment goes smoothly and no lasting ill-effects.

We leave pretty soon for dr. They just "fit me in" so who knows what the wait will be.
My energy went somewhere else so I went back to bed this morning.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:08 pm

thinking of MamaP's heavenly birthday! happy heavenly birthday sweet Mama. lovely woman!

quick hi - HI
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Harmony, I think going back to bed is probably just what you needed. Good for you for listening to you body!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:30 pm

I have been outside and got the branches I pruned off raked into a pile. Deciding where to put them.I had lunch. Time to consider walking the dog done. Processed the mail.

I cleared leaves off a bed in the back yard yea for more progress.

Dgd not here today.

65* outside yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:22 pm

How nicely you put that, Blessed. I miss being able to travel about an hour to visit her (here in FL so it's been a few years). She was a sweet lady.

Dh and I just finished making the bed up clean. It's so hard for me as the mattress is way too heavy for me. I put the embroidered white pillowcases on my pillows & the blue ones on dh's pillows. He hasn't used pillows (since he's in the recliner every night). Will give the 'blue' pillows to DS-R & DDIL. They'll be sleeping on a 'high' air bed in the art room. DGS will be sleeping on the couch in the living room.

DD won't be home till after 8pm. She has a group of students taking the "Solid Works" testing after school today. It was the only time she could have them test in order to fit it in a specific time frame. Hoping some of them are able to pass it this time (it's a pass/fail only test). School (and she) get credit if any students pass it. One passed it the last time they took it -so that student is exempt this time. Think I'll just bake Marie C alendar's chicken pot pies for supper for we three and then put one in the oven about 7:30 for her.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Really wanted to get my closet done today, however I am fighting a weather headache. Took meds and got the part of my closet I really wanted to work on done.

Taking a break with my ice hat on. Fingers crossed because sometimes it works better than my meds.

The day is still young, not even 1:00pm so I’m hoping to beat this headache back so I can continue to work on my closet.

Harmony... glad you are resting. When I had my eye done I wasn’t allow to do anything for a week. No bending and only lifting 5 lbs. I didn’t have an eye patch but had to wear a clear plastic eye guard when I slept for a week. However I could take a shower. Wasn’t able to wear makeup for two weeks either.
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Home and about to change into more comfortable clothes.

Our lunch and singing went well. The folks knew the Irish tunes so sang along.

One of the program people perked up when I said I was a preacher and asked about it after. Their two-point charge is between ministers and they are looking for people to cover services. They may have a long search for a minister because they aren't willing to offer full-time and these are two grumpy churches who don't see eye to eye on things. To give you an idea of how bad it is, one has service at 9, the other at 10. They are 10 minutes apart. So there is no way a minister can get from one church to the other and start service on time. But no-one has give up their traditional time for service in order to work together.

I'm well aware of one of the churches since I preached there for a year, 2x per month. So I know the people. I told her to ask the members of the other board if they are interested in hearing from me again, since they know my work. This person was also saying the other two churches in the area (another 2 point charge) are also without a minister so may be interested in me too. I told her, again, to ask the people from one of the church's since I used to cover over there in the summer and between Christmas and New Years.

Arriving home, the phone was ringing and it was my minister so we had a lovely chat.

Now I need to figure out what's for supper (we are running out of ingredients) as well as get my day going. Because I didn't get up until well after 9, it was a miracle I got off on time since I had to shower and practice the song-set, both which take 45 minutes. I made it work by skipping breakfast.

Return to “Post When You Can”