Wednesday - It's SPRING!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday - It's SPRING!

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:48 am

Or Autumn for those in the southern hemisphere! Either way, seasons are changing and we all get a fresh start! There's the promise of warmer temps and sunny skies, and for Lynlee, hopeful relief from the heat of her summer.

What are you doing today to make the change of seasons real?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Re: Wednesday - It's SPRING!

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:57 am

Hello Twins! Yes it's Spring! Hopefully it'll warm up for all those still in cold winds. Us, it was about 60° this morning. I don't remember it being that cold so late in March. I ran my space heater half the night in the bedroom because my winter blankets are all put away. Toasty warm. This keeps up I might get out my flannel PJ's again.

So my achievement for today so far is that I'm up and dressed, all by 8:15. Meds taken. I have papers and charts and eye drop bottles all lined up on the counter. You'd think some old person lived here. Oh, wait, she does!

I'm going to tackle my desk today. I think with my magnifying glass I can read a couple papers at least and put a few away.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:07 am

We had an overnight frost last night - I can see it on the tips of the grass and on the plastic bag for the newspaper.

I'm trying to get an earlier start to the day, I have therapy appt at 3 p.m. and I'm trying to decide whether to cook in or suggest we go out, since dh goes away tomorrow for several days.

I am going to read the newspaper next...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:42 am

Finally Spring! I find myself looking for new growth every time I walk outside.

We are having a slower pace morning. Since DGD7 is on spring break that affects our homeschool schedule. I'm just going with the flow and enjoying the temporary change.

DSon & family are spending spring break in the Virgin Islands this year. I'm enjoying seeing pictures of DGS12 and DGD8 snorkeling.

I have a doctor appointment at 1pm today. I'm curious about what the doctor will tell me.

Today starts the 2-for-1 sale on high-quality paint. I look forward to this sale each year to buy the paint for my yearly painting projects.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:07 am

Hi to all

Sitting with hrh
They are moving faster than usual todayso maybe we can leave earlier too.
Banana breakfast for me. Have my own soup in thermos this time for lunch.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:38 am

Harriet - POTB for having a meal plan for today.

I've typed up the elders minute meetings and have sent them to the printer. I'll give it a few minutes then retrieve the papers and be done with that monthly task.

DD picked up DGD7 to spend the day with her.

The preacher just called and asked DH to do the service tonight. I'm thankful that DH doesn't stress about speaking in public with little prep.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:03 am

I have planted 3 things in two planters today to celebrate the change o f seasons. Watching folks draw trackers for bujo fasinating. Got ranch flavor mix in cream cheeze for lunches and snacks. Time for last of my A. M. Meds. Waving happy season change day to everyone! I need to do some on my home blessings.

Breakfast x
S2s x
Laundry is going.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:05 am

waving hello hello to all!!!

just took old dog to vet for nail trim. she had a lovely time (she loves the vet)
happy Spring!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:09 am

hi d nancy, hi d twins, hi d harriet, hi d lady, hi d lady, hi d harmony, hi d all!

today is finish the process with pulling all of dd younger cloths from everywhere including basement and put them in one spot for her to choose from this weekend. (she has already gotten rid of a lot), bill day, menu planning (i need to act as well),

I have to do my dailies and my anti procrastination day. (trying not to get sidetracked by you tube, computer etc.)
waving to you all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:39 am

Yea! It's SPRING! Finally. Know many of you in the frozen tundra areas are most happy to see that date on the calendar.

Today is MamaP's birthday. Wondering how many years since her passing. Years go so fast.

We met dbil/dsisil for breakfast. Last one for this season. Do you know how hard it is not to let slip that DS-R & family are coming this weekend? Dbil was supposed to go to the northern part of the state this weekend. Told us today that it's off for now. Figured we didn't have to worry for the weekend. :? DS will get to see them at some point but we didn't want them to pin us down for DS & they definitely would. Want DS & family to feel free to do whatever they want in the 3 days they'll be here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”