Round Robin for a Spring Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Round Robin for a Spring Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Did half of those: kitchen floor, dining table, living room, then skipped over to office and did that.

But then company arrived - dbil, a surprise. We had a nice visit and HRH was happy to see him. Glad he came when he had the chance. He is a manager of a super-busy Al dis. The company pay scale is highest, but it's notorious for expecting long hours. He's had mixed news at work and wanted to talk it out. His district manager, who was great at her job, is fired amidst the way she handled a problem at another store. But new d.m., brought temporarily from Europe, has suddenly agreed to every request dbil's been making for months. I think dbil couldn't decide to be sad or glad and wanted HRH's opinion!

Dstepson came home rushing to the beat of a different drummer, and to a whirlwind of responsibility. Car trouble, plus their printer fritzed just as dstepdil has a paper due this evening, plus more and more. He is frazzled - over here he stared at our printer to consider getting one like ours rather than continuing to fuss with the one they have. Thankfully, he's a whiz at cars and that's all done within hours this a.m. Now if we can just calm his pace a little. :shock: He's keenly aware he leaves again Sun.

Back to bathroom drawer declutter, vanity spif, vacuuming the stairs, and a game of pick-up-clothes.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:38 pm

We haven't seen our flock of Robins this year. Sometimes they go to other yards.

Nothing going on here, for me anyway. DH is off to get another battery for his lawn tractor. He is a bit worked up over that. And the grass doesn't even really need cut. :roll:

I paid a bill online just now. Kept up with meds and drops. Fed myself. Dressed. I put the lightbulb box away and the stepstool. Pedestal light went out last night and I got things out and DH installed overhead today.

Big doings. I'm sure I'll have to dig out a bit when this is all over. I'm keeping the dishwasher loaded and DH unloads but can't reach all the shelves so I put stuff away. Neither of us is cooking much. Soup for lunch (easy) and will be noodle/chicken dish he bought already made and he has some beef he made a couple days ago on the grill. I'm enjoying the not cooking, for sure!

Going to shower. No water in eyes. We have a handheld wand in one shower stall. Off I go..

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:45 pm

I got the pesky task checked off my list. Delivered painted rocks are delivered. Yea!
I got a bit of yard work done, raked out more leaves off flower beds I am glad for some progress again today.

I have raked out another corner of leaves in the back yard, and the East side of the fence line got more leaves from there.
They are ready to bag up that will be next.

Glad I did not walk, and got my exercise in the yard, on my usual route today there was a dispute, a and someone died today. I walked
later with an acquaintance, part of the way rode home with a hubby.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Home again. We had a lovely lunch. I did a walk through at Home goods and M ichaels before heading home. I’m treating myself to a short nap now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:21 pm

You've certainly been a busy 'beaverette' today, Harriet, even while entertaining company/family.

I did a RR in the dining room and living room after eating lunch. Also moved a few (not heavy) pieces around the living room. I should have things done enough that all dd will have to do tomorrow when she gets home is to spiff her art room & get bedding ready for DS's family. DGS14 will be sleeping on their living room couch. It's too bad there's not a futon or something in the office, but not sure where we'd put it. And there's definitely not room for that permanent fixture in the art room. She can spin her workspace around & place it against the wall so there's room temporarily for the air bed. Maybe we can think on regrouping the office next year so there's room for a futon. We'd have to move one piece out of here though and I don't know what they would do with it.

Spent another 10 minute RR in our bedroom, cleaning off the top of our desk and moving a file holder.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:39 pm

robins are everywhere this afternoon!
finished errands. yay - now to see the damage.

hello d dee, hello d harriet, hello d twins, hello d nancy,
hello d harmony, hello d all.

all things put away yay.
tomorrow is car and purse day and flower show.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:16 pm

It's been a non-stop day here.

When I woke up this morning I immediately realized 2 things. The sun was up and I wasn't hurting. I laid there for a minute to confirm that I wasn't dreaming. I did my AM stretches that I used to do before I started hurting and all was well. When I got up, I found that DH had been up and going for 3 hours. DH was guarding the door to our bedroom so i could keep on sleeping.

A few days ago I requested DH go with me to get some garden amendments. For the first time ever I wasn't sure that I could lift/load the 40-50 lb sacks. Even if I could do it, I knew I shouldn't while still hurting. Today was the day that DH was free to go with me. We left at 10am and got home around 2pm. I didn't get the garden amendments because they didn't have what I want and I'm too picky to take what they did have. ANYway, we went to Sam's and got everything on our "buy this" list. The cart was full ($300+) but it feels good to have the food ingredients that we use stocked up again.

The new neighborhood kid came over the minute we pulled into the driveway. He has spent the last 4 hours playing outside with DS10. Thankfully his potty mouth has been cleaned up and no pinching or spitting. Hopefully, the new kid is going to fit in with the other neighborhood kids.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:24 pm

So glad you've had today without pain, LadyM! Hoping this is only the beginning of many tomorrows pain free.

I got a lot accomplished today. Think I have things pretty well done so that dd will only have to work on her art room tomorrow after she gets home. Dh and I are meeting friends for dinner around 4:30 so it'll give her time to get done. We may stop at W mart after dinner -it's practically around the corner. Think I should pick up some towels/washcloths for the 3 of them. Not sure dd has enough extra. I almost think though that she may have one or two of the ones we brought down from up north. If so, they would be good.

Going to bed and watch another episode of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered". Love that series.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:23 pm

Singing went fine. I'm glad that's over for another 4+ months. We won't be back until the summer at the earliest.

We did shopping on the way home and crossed off a couple of small items for dh's June trip and two for this weekends' trip. He needs a sturdy, clear, bag to hold his pocket contents while on a plane (they have a tendency to fall into the seats or not be accessible due to the seatbelt.) We were shopping for a clear toiletry bag but ended up buying 3 shower puffs that came in a fine mesh bag with a zipper closure. I'll get the puffs, he'll get the bag!

The Costco run was expensive and I bought the wrong vitamins again. I keep picking up Omega 3s (which I need) and getting the 3x strength ones, which I don't need and they are too large for my vitamin dispenser.

Aside from that, I also impulse bought some food, along with some prepared meals for while dh is away and a chicken for dinner tonight. We'll have the leftovers tomorrow, pub on Saturday and I'll have a frozen dinner for Sunday so my meals are planned for the next little while. I have to redo the meal plan to the end of the month because I didn't know dh would be away when I made it up.

Dd and I visited via skype for an hour and then I cleaned up the kitchen. Now I'm off to bed. Late again but I know dh will be up very late tonight so I need to put myself to bed (but ask him to at least get ready for bed before I shut off my light.)

We have a snow storm tomorrow so I might send the car to be washed tomorrow when dh is on his way home. We took it today but our plan allows us to take it daily.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:00 am

Helped dd get ready for a field trip by bus tomorrow, quite a distance. She needs warm clothes and a high wind will mean something to cover her ears, too. She doesn't have to think about food - that seems to be paid for, but if only lunch, she'd better take some money because they won't get back until 6:00 p.m. Seems strange to be thinking in terms of "sending her off on a field trip" when she's grown, especially since she's scheduled an employee eval to do when she gets back, lol.

Dee mentioned that HRH seemed to be feeling better. It's a mixed bag. He had a rough morning, then a better afternoon and a very good evening. We agreed that there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason, just a certainty that it can't be predicted. At times he's said the 3rd day after the outpatient day is the worst. Wish that wouldn't happen this time. Sigh. I hope he's had enough water - that's a big deal to dr right now.

Just typing that here made me hit the phone's intercom and nag again - drink water! He insists it's at his desk and he's sipping all the time. And yes, I also told him, go to bed! :) I'm hitting the hay myself.

Return to “Post When You Can”