Round Robin for a Spring Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Round Robin for a Spring Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:32 am

The robins of spring are bob-bob-bobbin along.

A robin checks out one spot, and then cheerfully bobs or hops along to the next, and the next, until a large area has been covered, a little at a time.

"A Round Robin" has had a lot of meanings over centuries but for our purposes on the board, usually meant that we'd tackle rooms/areas/chores one after another, getting something done in each.

Whether you want to bob and weave through lots of rooms today or marathon a big chore, let us know how it goes!

Twins' Mom

Re: Round Robin for a Spring Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:11 am

The robins are busy today, Harriet! I was up at 6 a.m. (eeeek! looking for worms?) and took dh to the airport. I am working on a.m. routine and heading out of here to be at body work i.e. massage at 10 a.m. After that I am having lunch at noon with dfriend that I used to work with. And then I get to come home to quiet house and genealogy!

I need a trip to the downtown library and will probably go tomorrow. Dcleaning lady will be here in the a.m. and if I leave while she's here, she can give the dog a little break outside before she leaves and then I can stay until perhaps 4 p.m.?

I need to take ddog for walk next...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 am

I can't get to every bug and worm today, Twins' (lol). But what's bugging me most in each room is possible. How cool for you to come home to a quiet house and interesting project - possibilities!

I'm going to be gentle with myself today and expect only a Round Robin through the rooms here, doing just the ONE thing in each that's most obvious.

Kitchen - ugh, that floor
Dining - where is the table?
Living Room - footprints
Front Bath - declutter one drawer
Hall and stairs - vacuum
Office - where is that desk?
Bedroom - clothes are lying around! What?
Master Bath - vanity spif

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:39 am

I was up at 5am to make sure dh got up. He went to school with dd again today & will go to the hockey game tonight in Orlando. DD's exhausted. Dh went to school with her Monday, she came home & took dpuppy to class; Tuesday she had a 17 hour day; yesterday was a 14 hour day and today will be another 17 hour day. She had to stay late yesterday (home about 8:30pm) as she had to give some of her a 3-hour test after school hours. Dh went with her again today as they race their CO2 cars all day & then another hockey game. They're both tired.

DS-R & family arrive late tomorrow night for a few days. I need to get several things done before they arrive. The one thing dd will have to do is get her art room ready to put their high air bed in there. I got the guest bathroom cleaned a couple of days ago. Just have to mop our bathroom -everything else is done in there. They'll use our bath for showers.

In the meantime I need to get all this packing finally organized & packed -ready to load our car. I also need to go to 3 different stores sometime today/tomorrow. We're meeting friends at 4:30 tomorrow for dinner.

I let myself doze away this morning. Haven't even had my breakfast yet. Will test BS now and get on with my own round robins. Perfect for me today! :D

Glad HRH is seemingly feeling better today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:15 am

I can hear robins outside, they wait till a bit later for breakfast here it was rather cold over night & will warm up later on.
My chores resemble Harriets li*t. I have been working outside this week and house needs more attn. Inside than it has been getting.
Snow is gone in our yard yea! I have more seeds poking through yellow squash and beets inside yea!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:21 am

I will have that song in my head all day!

be gentle on yourself d harriet! you are a keeper and I want you to be nice to you!
lol on where is your desk?! :lol:

hi d twins too!

hi d nancy!

hi d dee!

hi d all.

we have robins again.
today is errand day - its raining but I am still heading out the door - exciting! 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:23 am

I missed all the worms this morning!

I slept in until 8, but lazed in bed until after 9 and was then slow moving because I was listening to a piece on the radio. Bed is made, clothes laid out for now and later and then I tidied the kitchen, had tea & chocolate (but skipped light therapy) and then wrote out all the rent cheques for the next year.

I've entered those plus the chits I have on hand into Quicken. I'll now drop off the rent cheques and pick up my mail. By then it will be time to leave for lunch and singing.

I've also got dressed and started a load of laundry so I'm on schedule to get out of here on time, with at least something to show for the morning.

Dh and I had weird discussion about shower days. We shower every second day and sometimes I'm synced to him and sometimes I'm not. I flipped my shower days over the weekend because I want fresh clean hair for both days. We were in sync, I thought, leaving Winnipeg. He ended up flipping back because he tracks shower days based on the number of days in a month or some complex theory I simply don't understand the need for. I simply shower every second day and sometimes throw in an extra (so flip days) in order to make my life easy if I have an early exit from the house some day. He explained he showers on the odd days in March and in April it will be even days because "March has 31 days." When I think of dd's peculiarities, I realize the apple didn't fall far from the tree!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:27 am

Well, I've spent the last half hour revamping my l&st to better reflect tasks in each room so I can logically do a 'round robin'. Think I'll aim for 10-minute rounds to begin. I can now look of that l&st a little better now. Sure I'll think of way more things that need to go on there as I work through the day, albeit starting the day rather late. It's already almost 11:30. Yikes -better go make hay...….

And dh and I were just remarking yesterday that we never saw robins on their way through this year -at all! I'll see plenty when I get home to NY in late May. Think I was just changing my thoughts about how to pack for when I go home. I was going to take just 1 carry on bag, but think I'll save a suitcase for 'checked luggage' and dd can add to it as she needs. Then I'll only carry a very small bag with my ipad with me. Makes more sense than me trying to juggle even a carry on.

:lol: When I think of dd's peculiarities, I realize the apple didn't fall far from the tree!
:lol: Same here, Kathryn. DD is so much like her DDad. They enjoy doing so many things together & I'm glad for that. Dsonil barely does anything with her and doesn't like being where there are very many people -big time! DD really misses his being around when he goes back north.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:52 am

hi d kathryn and d dee
sending you a wonderful day too.

morning routine. done yay
taking dh to his favourite place - I don't care for it but he loves it.
heading out for the day. enjoy your day everyone

much love to all of you.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:05 pm

Finished my RR in our bathroom. Think I'm through in there except for a quick mop tomorrow. DD sent me a text that rather messed up my 'planned' weekend. You know what they say about 'plans'. :roll: Guess they've (dd & ds) to smoke the turkey we have on hand on Sunday instead of Monday. She said they plan to go to the beach 'again' on Monday. Think they're going Saturday as well -to Anna Maria Island. I'm thinking they may change their minds again after Saturday. The weather is supposed to be beautiful and it's Spring Break around here (and most of the colleges) and it's expectedly very busy. DD leaves on Tuesday for Seattle but I don't think she has to go until Tuesday afternoon. May be her only chance to pack. Have no idea what time DS's family has to leave for the airport. I'm almost thinking dh may well go back to his original thought of leaving Monday if the dks are going to be gone all day anyway & we do our 'family' meal on Sunday. I don't expect we'll be home much before 2pm from the Pastor Installation service & subsequent catered dinner.

Off to RR our bedroom -have a lot list&ed for that room -including lots of packing.

Editing: Finished a 20-minute round in the office. In the midst of phone calls/text messages.
Think I need to think about lunch -but maybe I'll do that after my next RR.

Return to “Post When You Can”