Flexible Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Flexible Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:39 am

What are you going to make of the day?

Will you bend it to be perfect for you, getting everything you wanted done?

Or will Friday bend you, as you do respond to its demands on your time and energy?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Flexible Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:41 am

At the moment, I don't have an answer to my own questions.

I'm up almost an hour earlier than the past few days so that's a bonus.

Dh is running a webinar so I need to stay quiet and I should stay home to answer the phone should it ring.

I've had my tea and chocolate. I think I'll shower before having my yogurt and berries. That way my hair can air dry while I eat.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:46 am

Twins: can you shoot me a PM about what happened to the previous forum Friday post? I can see you deleted it, but I can't see if you created it to begin with.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:32 am

happy Friday d kathryn! happy friday all!

i have a goal today - I had planned on going downtown but I might do that tomorrow instead - it's beautiful and cold here today and I want to finish the process i started on Tuesday.

waving to all of you. I went to service this morning asking to be a guide rather than a reactionary worrier re: dd younger. Also praying for wisdom for dd younger and for dd older not to get upset to dd younger because of her plans. Also praying for continued follow through on our part to have her reasonable for her own decisions and be empathetic but not rescuing for dd so she can grow even when its hard.

wishing you all a great great day.

off to continue the process.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:05 am

I was curious too, Kathryn, about the deleted post.

I was a little late getting up. Barely slept (only occasionally) last night. Had arthritis bearing its ugly head in a couple of my toe joints and they really kept me awake! Drives me crazy when that occurs. I need to be at least somewhat productive today. Round Robins worked well for me yesterday so will try that again today. Have 1 colored LOL in the washer and now in the dryer. I'll pack some of it as it comes out of the dryer and hang the rest. I'm off>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:30 am

Apparently I beat Twins to opening the village this morning but when she went to delete her post, her finger slipped. That's why the mods got a notification of a reported post. All's good.

I'm s2s now. And had breakfast.

Under Konmari, there is the recommendation to get rid of 'advertising' in your home. For instance, move cereal from the bright box to a cereal keeper.

We did that with dh's porridge packets and he likes this much more because he can see how much is left at a glance (and since he uses two different flavours each morning, he puts them in the container so that grabbing two means he grabs one of each flavour.)

In the shower, I removed the labels from my shampoo and immediately found it less 'busy' as I shower and more spa-like. I'm amazed such a small change makes such a big difference. But I look forward to showering more than I used to. And I look forward to using up the last of this shampoo so I can use a smaller container as well.

It is 11:30 and I still haven't actually done anything yet today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:57 am

I have vacuumed the living room and swapped out a side table, and mini portabe tv desk. Got some plants elevated and clean up of dining room table is underway. I am doing inside rounds it is helping to review progress I did earlier in the week on the back of the house. Yea! And I put away winter pj's. I have out side stuff to do later on. I am considering my spring schedule tweaks.

Exercise x
One round in kit. & dining room.

Waving to everyone have a great day!

Got 3 bags of leaves bagged up this morning, had lunch, will head back out to bag more up this afternoon.
Later... got three more bags of leaves bagged up. Timmed it 20 min. Was all it took. I am apx. 2/3rds of the way done now.
Yea got the next and last 3 bags done for today.
Got the wet ones did less per bag. 3 more done.
There are more for later after they are dryed out.
Got the last one and branches I ptuned last night picked up.
ECO is on the plan now.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:00 pm

I've had a slow-paced start to my day. I'm enjoying a change of pace with Spring Break.

So far this morning I've enjoyed time alone visiting with DH (before the kids woke up), started another tray of microgreens (bok choy), watered the indoor garden plants, rinsed the 2 jars of sprouts in progress, fixed DGD7 her favorite waffles (chocolate syrup & cool whip spray), watched the latest episode of Counting On, did a little planning on paper, visited on phone with DSis, cooked some hard boiled eggs, made a triple batch of tuna salad, cooked a couple pounds of sausages, visited with DMom on the phone, cleaned up the kitchen, monitored DS10 and his cousin playing online (I listen to their non-stop talking). 10 year old boys are super inventive & silly. They are currently taking turns singing songs with made up lyrics and melodies.

DGS21 is going to come eat lunch with me today. Today is the day that he will enroll and start Veterinary Technician classes. We are gifting him the tuition and book fees. It is a 2-year degree program that he will do classes online while doing the hands-on portions under the supervision of one of the Doctors at the vet clinic where he works. He will be doing 4 hard semesters that are more than full-time student status - 18 hours, 20 hours,22 hours and then 19 hours. All while working full time. It will be a challenge but one that he is super excited about it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:07 pm

Good to see that kind of excitement, LadyM.

I finished the LOL -complete to putting away. Saved some things out that need to be packed. Got our bathroom swept and mopped & cleaned the scales. Amazing how dirty they can get. I can only imagine how much dirt is in the carpets.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 pm

That's interesting about labels. Many years ago when DD moved in with us before she got married, I did not have 2nd set of shampoo and conditioner for the bathroom she'd be using. So I put my little flip-top travel containers in there which were filled from my bigger bottles. My homemade labels just said shampoo and conditioner. She came out later asking, "just what was I putting on my head in there?" :?

And yesterday in the shower, I washed my hair with the red liquid in the wall dispenser with the little labels. Then I used what I thought was conditioner. When I stepped closer I could read that it said shower gel, so I had put that on and now had some sort of coconut stuff on my head. Had to start completely over to get my hair washed and conditioned!

Anyway, after all that... I've been enmeshed in research here...to be ready with questions for dr. this afternoon. I'm weary trying to figure this stuff all out.

I managed to get one LOL completely done and folded. Not easy but I did it.

Return to “Post When You Can”