Flexible Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Flexible Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:06 pm

You guys have been busy today!

Harmony said
I've been enmeshed in research here
but my research has been at the library. I finally got off after 11 and got there before noon after a stop at the drugstore. DD showed up here while I was working to get away so I had her talk to me while I got ready and left when she did. I did some good research and then went to Lowes for dd - she needed a kiddie wading pool for her Purim carnival on Sunday to use for a "go fishing" game. I had actually been wanting to go and get a couple of big ferns but now she's stressing over me getting it to her. :lol:

I'm going to walk around the block with M and the dogs in about 30 min.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:28 pm

good evening d twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm

I'm searching my brain for the motivation quadrant. Still looking.

I missed lunch but had cheese and crackers. I wasn't hungry until it was too close to dh texting me to meet him at the store so I had a quick snack.

Dh's appointment for courier training went well. All expenses are paid including parking at the hospital so I'm glad he took the car (I was going to drive him and wait at a restaurant nearby but it was supposed to be quick Q&A session so decided it wasn't worth my time.)

Dh texted me when leaving the hospital and I walked over to the grocery store. We arrived at the same time and I did a big, heavy, grocery shop since the car was there. Potatoes, sparkling water, carrots, onions and some frozen dinners.

I had put the cart in our parking spot before leaving so bringing up everything was easy. We even brought up the stool from yesterday (I have a folding stool to sit on while singing.)

I vegged a bit more and then we had dinner. I made up a big veggie stir fry and tossed in the leftover chicken from last night. Plus garlic bread.

I need to take my night-time vitamins and clear up the kitchen now. Then I might go for a walk around the building (on the inside.) It is too windy to go out right now but my walk today was quite acceptable. After the walk, I'm hoping I'll do some stretches.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Finally Friday I was able to attend to some needed tasks.
dishes caught up
bathroom window and bath/shower curtains taken care of. There is still one to wash.
Mowing - the near house, driveway, and most needed sections. I was out there 70 min and am not sure if that amounts to half done or not. Remembered today to recharge the battery.
There are some awful seeding edges that need attention as well as all the bits that still to do.
Epsom salt in bath and salt added to water so hoping I can miss the extreme fatigue that sometimes often follows.

Saturday - finally got back to cooking bfst that suits me best, and reading and writing. boxed the next weeks sups.

Ikwym Kathryn re supersized omega3s. Swallowing them is the other thing.
I'd finished the epo and went back to 1000 fo today. I still do the tbsp. chia seed that covers the same thing,
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:24 pm

This afternoon was another eye dr. appointment. This one went well. He got out the models and explained things and actually showed me a lens in a clear plastic box. We both wished I was a bit further along, but I'm hoping it'll come. I don't have to be in a hurry.

We went to a movie at church tonight. They had one for just the oldtimers group. I was surprised they didn't get more people out. It was a good movie.

We stopped in at supermarket on the way home for a few things. Odd, they were out of skim milk gallons.

Glad it's the weekend coming up.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:55 pm

I am ready to get the rest of tbe stuff looaded into the trailer for hauling off yea!
Standard size poodle or Labrador mix showed up ghis even very friendly came right up to me. It is plaing with my dog. Owners found and they picked up their dog neighbors on the next block.

I got the poatio swept, and spiffed the kitchen.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:54 pm

Still hanging in here -- 4 days S2S first thing. That's about all I can claim as a ta-da, though.
I just now typed the minutes for the teacher's meeting Tuesday. Waiting on a reply from our treasurer before I send out the email.
Oh -- and I balanced/reconciled the checkbook statement yesterday.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”