Vision for today - Saturday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Vision for today - Saturday.

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:56 am

I've learned to look at a room in a timeless way - what is my vision for this room always, not just what I can put up with today. Because "today" turns into a few days and then a week, etc.

I LOVE this gem from our Dear Harriet (in the decluttering thread from Yesterday). I think it's perfect.

What is your vision for today and this week? this wisdom from d harriet also made me think of what I put up with (not in a negative way) - more of accept in my general day thinking that "I will get to" what I really want to do. For myself, I love the outdoors and rarely make a daily effort to get to the woods etc. because I am so busy with this, this and that. Her quote was profound for me in the thoughts of my home and my day to day adventures. really interesting!

I hope today is a day that really is special for you and your dear family.

Its another cold day here, frost everywhere, but I am imagining having a table cloth on my kitchen table, the windows open with warm gentle breezes and joyous sunshine coming in while I have my coffee and breakfast. Robins and other birds singing. I am sending you that beautiful morning with your choice of tea, coffee, water with lemon, and a beautiful breakfast for you to start your day with joy.

HAVE A LOVELY DAY.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Vision for today - Saturday.

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:57 am

Vision? Well, I can 'see' my iPhone absolutely quit working last night (I dropped it on Wednesday). Can't even get it to open -i.e. can't type in my passcode at all. Lines appeared on the face last night & it won't let me do anything. I was online at 7:30 & ordered a new phone & a protection plan. :roll: Then got out my ipad to see if I might be able to use it for at least face time. I am able to do that so am not completely without a phone. Had dh try calling me & I was actually able to answer him on my phone. So people can call in but if I don't get to it in time I can't even see who called me. Still have to order a case & glass protector but I can do that any time. Unfortunately the phone won't be here until Wed. Got a refurbished -refuse to pay top $ any more. My last one bought a year ago was refurbished, unfortunately did not buy a protection plan. Dh's has insurance that we pay monthly as he's pretty hard on them.

DS-R, DDIL & DGS14 arrived about 10:30 last night. I was asleep & actually slept till 3:30 and again until 7:15. Yea for me! I never even heard dh come to bed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:09 am

glad you had the protection plan d dee! so frustrating to loose your phone!

yay you d dee on the sleep!!! awesome!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:10 am

I am heading to do the work I planned for today.

hoping it warms up soon as some of that work is in the garage.

time for .... lol I have to look at my planner lol...

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:11 am

My vision for today is getting a lot of genealogy writing done. I have at least four projects underway and I'd like to call at least one of them finished. I have trouble with finishing because I'd like to keep polishing, keep adding info, keep checking this source or that source to be sure I've tied up all the loose ends. So I'd like to *finish* the DAR thing today - at least to a draft to the chapter registrar who can polish it if needed.

I decided that I won't hit the library again today but will work at home. I'm hoping dd will come by here on the way to temple and at least try to get the dratted kiddie wading pool into her car, if it won't fit I'll get it there for her. I guess I'd like her to at least try...

I need to s2s, the walk the dog and get busy writing. I was up at eight but have puttered about. I have done a load of laundry already to hang dry and have another going. I have put the house to rights mostly - I was out yesterday afternoon and didn't cook so it still looks good.

This is the second day in a row I've started a thread, only to find that someone beat me to it! I love it that we are all getting a start together!

Dee, so sorry about your phone. We depend on them so much, don't we? Glad you bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered the new (to you) phone.

I'm pleased that Harmony had a good appt with eye doc and got a good understanding of her issues and hoping her vision (i.e. theme for today) continues to improve too!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:17 am

The house was warm yesterday when I got home - the late afternoon sun in the west heats up the living area - and I had turned on the A/C thinking I'd turn it off soon. I woke up cold several times in the night and realized this a.m. that I had never turned the heat back on - house was 63 degrees - colder that we keep it! Thank goodness I'm warmed back up!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:23 am

5 are going to the beach today -Anna Maria Island I believe. Right now DD, DS, DDIL & DGS are walking the dogs down the street. I would have gone but was waiting my turn in the bathroom.

Car will only hold 5 max people so dh is going but I'm staying home. Have lots to do here anyway. Things like PACKING! Hopefully I can pretty well finish that today. Hoping dh is able to take some of dd's things with him.

We're making shrimp packets for dinner tonight (shrimp, potatoes, corn, kielbasa, old bay seasoning). We decided some time ago that it's much easier than doing a low country boil and tastes so yummy. Easy to make as well. DD always cuts the potatoes into small chunks & parcooks them in the microwave with a little adobo seasoning. Makes sure they're cooked in time it takes the shrimp.

So good to see our dks! Both DS & DDIL are still barely moving in the shoulder department. Won't be surprised if Dr. keeps ddil out of work even longer. PT did something more to her arm the other day and she can't even begin to move it. She at least is getting workemen's comp. DS is having to take sick time.

They brought our 'health care' mail for us with them. A few were denial of claims -because they were submitted beyond the allowable 90-day period. As I was looking through, one was for August 2017! And they know they won't be paid if submitted after the 90 day period.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:27 am

My vision for today is do what we call a dump date with hubby we have leaves and branches to haul off. It [ rained overnight ]
I worked on the kitchen last night glad for that this morning.
Maybe a bbq today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:41 am

Dee: were they able to keep the surprise for dgs14? Or did he figure it out.

I remember during boarding while settling into their seats, a child on a plane one time asking, "Did you pack this? Did you remember that?" Turns out Dad was going on a business trip so Mom and kids took him to the airport. That was back in the days of curbside check-in so the porter took the bags out of the back of the car while the kids were still in the back seat. They don't see lots of suitcases. Dad looks at his watch and says, "I've got lots of time, why don't we park and grab a snack?" So they park and walk into the airport together. Then he pulls out his boarding pass and three extras fall onto the floor! He gets the kids to pick them up and even then, they aren't aware of what's happening until they are handed a boarding pass! From there it was through security and onto the plane and the poor kids were still trying to figure out what was happening. I was pretty impressed that the parents pulled that off!

I'm up. Still slowish moving though. I've drawn a line in my bullet journal, journaled about the low-productivity week and my head not being quite right and hope that puts that time behind me. I've filled in next week already and prepped the April monthly spread. So I'm ready to move on now.

But I'm not yet dressed. There's nothing on for today so I'm hoping for a productivity kick. Making a plan for finishing up the Konmari (end-date on that is June 30 but there's so much to do I need to start drawing up a plan) is next and then s2s. I've had my breakfast already.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:21 am

Well, that was an eye-opener this morning!

Wise posts from declutterers among us in February was why I'd titled the declutter thread "mentoring each other" for March, and there's a lot of wisdom reposted just on the first page there alone, btw. I didn't post wisdom in a vacuum.

lol. why does "wisdom in a vacuum" make me smile? Sounds like the title of a funny short story about homemaker whose Hoover went wrong.

Omega 3s I find are in "gelcaps" and squishy-ish, so even though they are large, don't cause me swallowing problems. I've switched over to algae ones myself, and since heart studies haven't proven much, take them just for brain health.

Lynlee, I still take the Evening Primrose Oil even though it's an Omega 6, partly because it's anti-inflammatory (unusual for a 6), but for me the main reason is thyroid support, thinking of keeping hair from thinning, that sort of thing. There are herbs that probably help more, for all I know, but the studies just aren't there, and anecdotally EPO has a lot of believers (and is on the shelf, easy). As you know, I also eat flaxseed (and sometimes chia), but I have concern that the older we get, the less we convert ALA to DHA well. So for right now, the Omega 3, EPO and seeds all stay for me.

Return to “Post When You Can”