Vision for today - Saturday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Vision for today - Saturday.

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Gosh! I don't know, Kathryn. They've all left for the beach now so I'll have to ask when they get back. Loved your story -what a coup! :D

I got a BIG surprise just before they left. Fed Ex delivered a package & dd called me over before she opened it. Inside was a new smart watch for me! Actually it's a Fit Bit Inspire. Will do all I want it to do. Said they were tired of me buying cheap things that didn't work! :lol: So when she gets back we'll set it up. She has a new one that she just loves. An early birthday present for me from DD & DH. I'm beyond thrilled, but never would have sprung for one myself. Especially since I just spent so much on a new phone.

DDIL was showing their 'newest' thing was that they bought "ring" for their house. DGD19 arrived at their house while they were still there & she showed us the picture -fantastic! Think she said somewhere around $110/year to subscribe. Didn't sound too bad to me & I think we easily talked DD/Dsonil into buying one for their house. Would definitely be good to be able to see what's going on, especially when she's at work or up north for the summer. As Harmony & Sunny know well -there's a lot of porch piracy throughout central FL. In fact as I went to get the mail yesterday, saw mailman opening back of truck to deliver packages to our neighbor. I almost called out to let him know they left Wednesday & wouldn't be back till at least Sunday. But didn't. But then dneighbor called dd and asked if she would go and pick up packages there & bring to her house. One of the packages? Ring. Perhaps will see if she wants to order it when they get home & dh/ds-R will be able to install it before they all leave. Should be here Monday I think.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:14 pm

hello again. starting to loose focus so I thought I would check in. I know I should stay with the process. working on bringing down all of dd youngers books to the 3 season room for her to look at eventually.

hi d dee oh my gosh that is an awesome surprise - how wonderful!
re: the door bell camera my d sis in law has one and loves it. it's pretty amazing. so cool

hi d harriet. yes what can I say.... we are awesome wise women 8-) 8-) 8-)
lol re: vacuum cleaner. I can just imagine the kerfuffle! :lol:
I will have to try the omega 3

hi d kathryn I always find young parents amazing!

hi d Nancy... I love your date name. we don't have a dump any more (live in suburbs) but I remember dump day!

hi d twins! you have already had a busy day! have a great one too!

hello to all. wishing you a wonderful afternoon.

going back to focus. finish the process... finish the process.
I don't live in a storage shed - I don't live in a storage shed (barbara ? from the uncluttered group)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:32 pm

I'm not sure I have progressed to having a VISION yet. I seem to be just plodding along.
However, I am sooo proud of myself for a few things:
1. S2S first thing again this morning, Day Five, and Saturdays are VERY hard for me
2. Vacuumed the living areas of the house
3. Bedtime routine is becoming a habit -- harder to skip a step than to just go ahead and do it

I plan to get the master bedroom and bath later today, but I had to stop because my back was hurting so bad. I don't know how long I can keep up the vacuuming -- my back may get like dmom's and I just won't be able to do it.
Ha! "Keep up." That is a laugh. :oops: I am definitely NOT keeping up at the moment... my weekly home blessing is more of a MONTHLY home blessing. No wisdom here re: the vacuum...
Seriously. That is the mixed blessing of 3x5s... I know for certain it has been almost exactly a month since I vacuumed last.
I guess my monthly tasks are semi-annual?

Those ring doorbells are so neat. I think especially if I lived alone, I'd especially love to have one. Of course, whether you live alone or not, a home invasion is possible, and porch pirates are definitely possible! We don't have a lot of either kinds of crimes around here, but there's a first time for everything.

Speaking of DOORS... right now my porch pirate is apparently a barn sparrow! He (she?) is determined to build a nest right above my back door, the one we use constantly. The nest is not in the corner of the door of the little stoop where the door is -- it is right above the door itself, on the door facing. Just a tiny ledge of molding to hold it. And every day I scrape off his little mud and moss foundation, and every day he comes back. I need to hang something shiny up there to distract him... or maybe put a rubber snake there? Nah... I'd forget and that would scare ME one day!

I also would like to have the Fitbit smart watch. Let us know how yours works out, Dee. (((HUGS))) re: the phone. Who do you order the refurbished phone from?

Mmmmm... those shrimp packets sound sooo delicious.

Our heat kept coming on in the night, Twins. But I was a little too hot.

I just couldn't get to sleep last night -- kinda worried about dh.
He has been coughing and coughing and coughing. At first it was all clear, but he says it is beginning to be dark-tinged and he thinks some blood.
He says it feel like someone is twisting a knife in his chest every time he coughs. LadyM, is this what led you to the chiropractor? I am trying to convince him he should see the doctor, that he could have an infection... but it will be at least Tuesday before he can see the doctor.
It scares me because dh said, "It feels like I have ruptured something." Well, lots of people say that when they are having terrible coughing fits, but remember -- my dmom really DID rupture her diaphragm and her intestines were pushing through it, and she ended up having emergency surgery at 10:30 at night! :shock: And woke up in ICU on a ventilator. * Whew * DH would go completely insane if he were conscious and on a ventilator. I truly think he would have a stroke or something under those conditions.
So... he slept fitfully, and I lay awake listening to him breathe. I know I was awake past 4:00 a.m. Then I awoke around 9:30 and got up, s2s, and went to H ardee's for our breakfast.

Part of me wants to plunge into some decluttering project... and part of me wants to try to catch up on sleep. I think considering that I got less than 5 hours last night, according to Fitbit, I think I'll let sleep win. I suspect if I face my closet, I will burn out quickly.

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:39 pm

Dee, I didn't know there was so much porch theft in central FL. We have stuff delivered here often, mostly truck and tool parts for DH and he's ordered tires...he has a tire coming for his big truck to replace the shredded one from yesterday. Have never had a problem.

Vision. Hmmm. I can see the big E.

For the kind of vision you're all talking about...I think long term. Downsizing (will we ever?). Something happening to us, how will the cleanout be for others? Something happening to DH how will I ever manage? These are the things I think about.

For today, just keep up basics. I need to empty the dish drainer.

Sigh... former customer called wanting a project done. Wanted to know if we still had their house plans. Why is it MY responsibility to keep everybody's records, something even as important as what's done to their house and actual blueprints? People call us and ask all the time for this stuff. I'm going to start telling people "keep these records forever, we're not going to be able to keep everything indefinitely". Words with DH about retiring. This is not getting any better. :evil:

(Lucylee) DH definitely needs to see a dr. before this gets worse. I know, I know. But he needs to go.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:05 pm

I'm s2s and have had lunch. I also printed off a Konmari list and started to cross off what I've done (a fair bit) and add things not on the list. A sign of the times - table linens were not on the list.

For me table linens will be a HUGE job, going through all I have (at least 18 table cloths, not to mention linen napkins and placemats as well) and deciding what I will keep. I bought a synthetic cloth last year and love it because it is easy to care for and it fits properly. It wasn't expensive so I'll probably pass along everything I have that barely fits and then replace with properly fitting items as the need arises. Amazon delivery is quick enough now, it isn't as if I'll be waiting months. I also bought placemats a few years ago and love using those too so the mahogany shows off. My sister even bought me coasters that match one of my sets of placemats. Her partner saw them and urged her to buy them for me since they were perfect. I wouldn't have bought them myself but they do spark joy because of the circumstances of the gift.

Table decorations weren't on the list either. I have a small roll top desk in the corner of the dining room (belongs to my nephew but he likes how it looks at my place so left it with me) and it is full of items to make up centrepieces for the table. I also keep my wreath decorations in there and remake the wreath every month or two.

Candles and holders are on the list. Those too will be a big job because I'm such a sucker for candles. I decorate the table with them a lot so most get used but I know that pulling them all out at once will make me face the excess.

Another thing not on the list? VCRs! And VCR tapes! I simply whited-out video games and gaming consoles and wrote in VCR and video cassettes.

Too much time spent on that, I need to get working on moving around catching up on the tidying that I've let slip this week. It is sunny so hopefully that will help motivate me to keep moving.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:49 pm

LucyLee, ordered 'refurbished' phone from A river. Will have to take it to AT&T to get it set up once it arrives, though. I have my 'un'usable phone in the case hanging from my neck. Discovered I can answer it if I can do it right away. At least I think I can -dh tried calling me & I was able to answer him. Just can't even open my phone now. It was fine till bedtime last night -if you don't count all the cracked glass. :cry: And, yes it was a big surprise to me. Hadn't even bleeped onto my radar. I usually have some idea of something coming down the pike. One of the few times I've been totally surprised.

Harmony, seems I'm always seeing videos or write ups on porch thieves. We have deliveries all the time and so far/so good. But I can see lots of times this 'ring' would come in handy. May offer to pay half for the year if she wants to order one tonight -simply so they all can get it installed before everyone leaves Tuesday. It would actually be good for me since I will be spending so much time here and with no car in the driveway over the next couple of months. I'll have dd get out her old phone & charge it just so I have something in case of emergency. Know an old phone is still able to make those calls.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:29 pm

home from book donation yay.

it's amazing how long it takes to separate things or move things. I was close to having someone help me move dd younger's things into the 3 season room for separating but I decided to break it down into workable parts. I need to do my dailies. trying to decide if I should give myself a day off as it is already 2:43 pm. think think think. My inner Pooh bear in action.

what I should do: vacuum
bathrooms swish and swipe.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:41 pm

hi d lucy!!
However, I am sooo proud of myself for a few things:
1. S2S first thing again this morning, Day Five, and Saturdays are VERY hard for me
2. Vacuumed the living areas of the house
3. Bedtime routine is becoming a habit -- harder to skip a step than to just go ahead and do it
How awesome is that!!!!

hope your back starts feeling better
there is no such thing - not keeping or keeping up - are bad words - (to what? to other people with other experiences - we all go through that (even the most born organized)- you are doing your best in the moment without perfectionism : now those are great words. Progress is enough or PIE from Kimmy of She's in her apron.

Don't hesitate to call the dr. yourself even if he gets frustrated at you. it's okay while he is sitting there as well. he is probably terrified they would put him in a hospital. I understand.

get some sleep and do one declutter a day - that is 365 items a year...all good!
praying for your sweet dh d lucy.
----------------------------------------------
hi d harmony Well I am glad you are starting to see the E. it took my dh over a month before really seeing anything smaller then the E and at first no E at all. praying for your vision to start getting into focus!
I also understand your worry about what if's - my dh was almost gone 9 years ago and that was the only thought on my mind - dd older just turned 22 and dd younger is 6 something years younger. You don't have to keep everything for others - every home we bought we were responsible for the blueprints. once they were done... we handled everything. That might be more common by you?

Great work on your basics!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Errand day to pharmacy 1 today. As with so many errands these days, this one slipped up on us. We were so sure we didn't need to go in that direction for a while, but HRH turned out to need just one item. I was able to combine with another stop this time.

About deliveries - Had a good conversation with delivery driver today. A-river in their new logo-ed van. He explained to me that he is now THE usual driver on our A-river route - they are trying to move away from the first-come first-delivering concept. I didn't comment a lot, but am happy to know it. Having completely different people every delivery canNOT be a safe idea for consumers.

Since it was broad daylight, I pointed out that he was seeing for himself that our driveway is not a problem for vans. At that point, he began to preach ( :) ) that the reason delivery drivers are trained is so they can back up, and in his opinion, if you can't drive to a house, you park and start walking with the package - you don't complain about the driveway. LOL! I don't know if there was a notation, maybe, about the previous A-river delivery person who was too scared to leave the road and called for us to come meet the van there in the dark! That story always amazes people, but it really happened, with embarrassed dispatcher listening.

I was delighted with the contents of the package, by the way. It is a replacement part - the interior basket - for an air fryer. Not our name brand, but happily it fits into ours just right! By reading all the great reviews and measuring, I was 99 percent sure that buying a replacement would work fine and it does. HRH has used the air fryer 3 or 4 times a week since I gave it to him 1.5 years ago. I'm so pleased that I think I'll order parchment paper liners I noticed also get such good reviews from air-fryer users.

Was so sorry to learn that my oldest dcousin's husband has passed away. This is the dad of our next-door truck-farming cousin. His place, of course, looks deserted today with none of it's usual activity.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:47 pm

I took a break earlier and took my late lunch out to eat in the sunshine with the dog enjoying the outside too. Then I was so cold I took a very good nap and just now got up. So I'm getting back to work. :roll:

Lucylee, your description of dh's cough doesn't sound good. I take it that's his only symptom? No fever? Perhaps he'll hold out until Tuesday, I hope he can see a doc then, if not sooner.

I'd like a Ring doorbell here. Our doorbell installed by the builder has given up on us. I finally put some painters tape over it so it's clear, I hope, that it's not working. We've said we need to get it repaired and just put in a Ring doorbell when we have an electrician here. Dh did take the covers off the doorbell inside and out and didn't find any missed connection.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”