Vision for today - Saturday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Vision for today - Saturday.

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Called my dear-aunt-of-the-daily-aprons97 to tell her about her niece's dh's death. She was struggling to be sure of his name exactly, and who their children were, probably because she'd just had visitors from another direction of family. So I talked her through the exact connections so she'd know she understood me correctly. That was a good conversation. She is doing so well, taking care of her own household chores still, although she says she lets the grandchildren mow!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Did the eco run, then off go dine at R lobster for H bday. Went to a couple of his fav. Stores I looked at plants, and got a packet of seeds, did not get plants yet it i s a bit cold out. Found a few treasures at the dollar store. I have just started the laundry. Will take the dog on a short walk in a bit when I get clothes changed over into the dryer.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Dh and I walked to the pub for dinner. It was really windy with the wind on our backs the whole way. We bundled up well for the walk home and it was completely calm! Still, it felt cold so I'm having tea now to warm me up.

Nothing really accomplished today, so that's sad for me. But at least I got my planner updated and I have my Konmari list made up. I need to paste that into my planner now.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Sigh....

Hi.

My vision for today was a day dream. It turned into a nightmare. We were supposed to be getting on an airplane and flying to Florida to get on a cruise ship. US border patrol had other ideas. Their vision was enhanced by the internet or goo gle or something. We discovered that yes, indeed, stupid sh it you did before the internet DOES actually show up on computers. My husband hasn't been arrested or charged with anything other than speeding tickets since 1979. It bit him, and therefore us, on the a s s today. Oh, look... you did something stupid in 1979, so turn around and go home. No airplane or cruise ship for you today.

Dh kept insisting that I go without him. I stood my ground and said no.

Why the H E L L did they need to fingerprint him? Was it to add to the humiliation, or to just be jerks? I guess we will never know. Dh refuses to pay almost $1000 USD to get a possibility to get cleared, not a guarantee of clearance.

We went out for Vietnamese for supper. It would be the understatement of a lifetime to say that today was a good day. Probably the worst day of my husband's life. The border guard even said that he could see that my husband hadn't done anything since before he (the border guard) had been born. My dh did his time in 79 but now they have to rub his nose in it after 40 year of good behavior.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:14 pm

Oh, cathy, I'm so sorry you've missed out on your trip.

Dee, what was going on with your DH's eyes?

Kinda depressing day around here. I think DH is getting tired of his routine being messed up.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:21 pm

((Cathy and dh)) it would have been wonderful to get to read about your vacation and be happy for you.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:35 pm

Oh, Cathy!!! (((Hugs))) That is just a little bit ridiculous, isn’t it? I have never heard of anything like that! Of course, I have never been out if the country, so I know less than nothing. I do know ds travelled to Canada once and there was a lot of concern that maybe one of the band members had a DUI on his record? I’m not at all sure of the circumstances — they did get to go into Canada, whatever the situation was.

I have finished the bedroom, baseboards to crown molding and everything in between.
Thank you for your encouragement and reassurance, blessed.
Will do bathroom while dgs has his bath.

Oh -- yes, dgs is here. I think I told y'all, he got in trouble with his mommy and was told he couldn't spend the night with us -- b/c he was talking back when she told him to pick up toys in the den. So later this week, she told him if he picked up the den, hallway, AND his room, then he could come over. Well, at the last minute -- this afternoon -- he got it done, so here he is.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:48 pm

No need to try to keep up with other people with other experiences.
You are doing your best in the moment without perfectionism.
Progress is enough -- PIE.

THOSE are great words, blessed. Thank you!!! I must remember these words.

I think my vision IS perfectionism. When I envision the life I want, yep, that is it. Perfectionism.
It was deeply, deeply ingrained by my parents, maybe not consciously on their parts, but still, somewhere along the way I always wanted to be PERFECT and I always felt I was coming up short. Maybe I was just BORN with the perfectionist gene. And of course, since I never ACHIEVE the level I envision and desire, in my housework, my parenting skills, my daughter-ing skills, my spiritual life... since I can't achieve the goal, I always feel I am disappointing someone and I am always disappointing myself... of course, because perfectionism is IMPOSSIBLE.
You might notice I did not mention my wife-skills. That is quite a blessing, that I can say I rarely if ever feel that I disappoint dh.
But in other areas.........

VISION. I need eye surgery or new lenses. I need a new vision... an attitude adjustment, in the words of Hank Williams, Jr.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:54 pm

Harriet — I am sorry about your cousin’s dh. Praying for all your family.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:20 pm

Cathy: just give up on the US. Paying for a pardon in Canada doesn't help because Canadian pardons are not recognized by the US. It is terribly unfair, though. Some people manage to cross regularly even though they've done time and others get turned back. It is hit or miss.

Once you save up money again, you can cruise from some of the Caribbean Islands without landing in the US. Of course, you may still have issues since the US clears everyone flying OVER their airspace as well, so you'll need to confirm this with the airline. I think the logic is that if there's a problem with the plane it will have to land in the US. That becomes an issue for Canadians flying to other parts of Canada (think Omar Kadr) because a lot of our flights go over US territory.

Return to “Post When You Can”