joy in not overwhelming ourselves in expectations Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: joy in not overwhelming ourselves in expectations Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:02 pm

hello d cathy (((for your sweet dh)))

d kathryn good morning. I disagree - it is an accomplishment!
have a wonderful adventure with your d grandson tomorrow!

yes sweet lucy - you are always and inspiration to me.. i love your pure love and joy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:06 pm

quick hi... hello everyone.
i have to head out
I did something I am not proud of - I bought turkey burgers the other day and (fish) and forgot to freeze them. I feel bad. so I am heading to the store.

it's been fun this morning - I put all of dd older keepsakes on the dining room table for her to go through and we have had such a good time with them. so much fun.

ta ta
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:17 pm

LOL Lucylee. I'm not turning on the TV. I'm checking the score now and then online.

DH was supposed to be home at 1:30ish and now it seems he won't be home until 9:30 so I have the day free for some genealogy. I didn't finish the DAR thing last night but sent off what I have and am taking a break for a day or two. I'm back to where my mind is turning over things as I'm going to sleep. I'd like to find a signature of the guy with the conflicting Civil War records and I realized last night I might could find a signature on a naturalization record. So I found one in NYC in 1867 and it matches the NY soldier's enlistment but what I'd really like is a signature after he came to this area.

I was at the Purim schpiel at 10:30 this morning. The rabbi really really gets into it and it's very clever but many of his volunteers are older people who don't speak into the mic. It was fun, but overlong IMHO to have a lot of little kids sitting through. Afterward is the carnival which dd has been stressing about all week. It was very very well attended - far more people than she had thought - and I think everyone had a good time. I did some volunteer time helping with "bowling" (oooh, setting those pins up was murder!) and then helped with clean up, although I left well before they were done.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Eeek — TWINS — you should tune in — y’all are tied with 20 seconds left!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:22 pm

No 14.6 seconds!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Overtime, Twins!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Tennessee wins!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:12 pm

As I don't care about sports for the most part, I enjoyed my walk instead.

The sidewalks are almost all clear now so I made it to our outdoor supply shop and picked up wool neck warmers for dh and dsil. They both lost their's this winter, dsil at the beginning of January and dh a few weeks later. The errand has been on my to-do list for the past 10 weeks. Dsil actually thought I'd bought him a neck warmer for his birthday but nope. I haven't been able to walk there and there's no place to park so the errand just had to wait until winter was mostly over.

On the way home I picked up bananas and some rolls for my lunch and dinner. In total, I got 5K steps in. The weather has since clouded over and I know the wind is to come up more and the temperature to drop and then maybe snow. It was warm enough that I put my gloves in my bag for the second mile of the walk.

I've had lunch and will get to work now. My plan is to have an early dinner (around 5:30) and then in bed, lights out, by 9:30.

I'm having trouble waking up and getting going in the morning so I'm hoping to forego my melatonin tonight or at least take just 1/4 of a pill instead of half. That's still over 1 mg but a very small dose and a long way from the 10 mg I was taking for the concussion back in the fall. I've slowly brought that down as I got better but on the nights I forget to take it, I have trouble falling asleep. Because of the changing time zones last week I upped my dose just for the nights after flying but I'm thinking I may be finally done with this. Funny thing, before the concussion the melatonin worked wonders for me when crossing time zones but did nothing for me at home.

I think my lethargy in the morning may be more related to depression than lack of good sleep. With dh away we'll see if I feel better since I can control my bedtime better.

Last night he had nightmares from 3 onward. He is very nervous about this trip which is not like him but it has a different set of expectations than his normal volunteer work. He's happy I'm letting him go. I don't mind too much because I enjoy the time to myself at home but I wish he'd do more stuff with me when he is home. He makes time for his things but won't make time for my interests. If I ask if he'll come with me to do things with dgs, he'll point he's been away and needs to catch up on his work.

This past week he worked past 11 every night which messed up my sleep schedule. He has a slow start to the day, waking me at 6 to put the radio on, then exercises at 7 through to 10 for some reason (45 minutes of stretches, then 60 on the bike plus doing email in there) and then breakfast while reading his comics so most days he's not ready to do anything until 11. Dgs has his lunch at 11:30 and then naptime so he won't come with me to do things with dgs because it interferes with his own rhythm.

Aside from doing things with dgs, I don't have a clear vision of what I want to do with 'retirement' but whenever I suggest something, the answer is "I can't because I have a teleconference, or prep, or a delivery to make." An example was on Wednesday. The weather was gorgeous and we'd already driven well south of the city for the singing so I suggested we keep driving down to the Seaway for fish and chips. Nope, he had work to do and we'd spent so much time practicing and performing the music (his interest) there was no time to take advantage of the good weather because he had a lot to do before this trip.

He dismisses my interpretation of him being busy all the time but honestly, he was thrilled there was no email to deal with this morning (it is Sunday for heaven's sake) yet was on the phone with Australia 20 minutes before he had to leave today because something came up.

Dgs often asks his parents "What Nana Buppa doing?" and then answers "Buppa is in the office." "Nana playing with the trains" or "Nana making cornbread (or quiche)" but Buppa is always in the office. That's sad.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:26 pm

Knew I had a hard time sleeping last night but dd looked at my 'sleep' on fit bit and found I actually had 2 hours and 48 minutes. I'm guessing that's not enough for me (or most people for that matter).

Great church service today and installation of our pastor (who's actually been here for 11 months). But, this was the first we've been able to actually hold this service. People from NJ surprised him and one in particular whom we almost 'know' as dpastor has used him several times during his sermons.

Figured it would be 2ish by the time we got home and it was 1:56. How's that for guestimating. Luncheon was wonderful. Our Spanish congregation did all the decorating, serving, entertaining. Wonderful to say the least. Dpastor was in tears by the end of the service. Sang, "Here I Am, Lord" and he said that particular hymn always 'gets' him.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Dee: That hymn always gets me too! Obviously now because it is associated with installation of church leaders and I have had it sung for my licensing. But I'd always cry over it even earlier because when ds was young, I'd stand with him beside my, running my fingers along the words in the hopes that he'd learn to read and sing. It was singing that hymn, with the "Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord? I have heard you calling in the night" when ds first started to sing in church (he was about 10 so it was a long wait.) It was almost as if God was answering my prayers for ds! So it is associated with one of my God-moments.

Return to “Post When You Can”