Wednesday WTF - Worst Thing First

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Wednesday WTF - Worst Thing First

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 pm

We didn't get the car in today - maybe tomorrow. I did get the deposit made.

Went to rehearsal, felt pretty good about my part, and left gracefully without attending the regular Wed evening time. I don't believe anyone was surprised that 2 of us did that, actually, a friend leaving with me.

Dd and I made a pharmacy run (for a bottle with 2 pills - pharmacy hasn't had delivery of one of HRH's meds for days, and pharmacist said just come get a couple of the few she had left tonight, since obviously it wasn't coming in today, either.) Also grocery.

The distant friend of HRH's who is not my favorite visitor (because he always overstays his welcome) messaged this afternoon that he is on a car trip and wants to bring his wife and come see HRH on his way tomorrow. After a brief fluster here, which nearly started an argument with HRH, I gritted my teeth and announced that I had changed my mind and had no objection - let them come. I just find it rude to make such assumptions that we can deal with such short notice.

I will barely be able to get home from the funeral before they are here, and the morning will have been taken up with getting ready for that, frankly, with worry about whether I should even go, and ... .. well.. .. grief. Dd says she has some time in the a.m. and she will do some housework before leaving for school. HRH says he'll meet them sitting on the porch and suggest they sit out there to visit, lol (which is a joke of course).

lucylee

Re: Wednesday WTF - Worst Thing First

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:08 am

Yes — Dh and I took ds to Jackson and Polk’s homes when he was probably in middle school. I’d just love to see it again through dgs’s eyes. :)
I’d LOVE to see Jefferson’s home, Washington’s home, and Williamsburg, VA. Those are on my bucket list, I guess.

Ooohhh... those “friends” are definitely kinda rude, Harriet. (((Hugs)))

Dgd is sleeping in the big bed tonight in the “baby room” (instead of a pallet beside our bed).. hmmm...
Growing up, isn’t she?
However... I don’t know WHEN she will EVER be potty trained. — sigh —

(((LadyM))) I really admire your ability to keep your mouth shut sometimes. That is a very difficult accomplishment for me.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”