Wednesday WTF - Worst Thing First

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday WTF - Worst Thing First

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:06 am

LadyMaverick wrote:I have been in a major procrastination phase. If it wasn't on fire then it got ignored. I have so much to catch up on. I get overwhelmed just thinking about it.

I resemble this!

Out of the corner of my eye I can see a lot of smouldering yet, it is only when there are open flames that I jump to that task to beat it back! Sometimes, only to the point of smouldering once again.

I'm up. Slept well but a bit long which has me concerned. I've cut back the melatonin but today I woke at 6 (after 7.5 hours lights out which is my 'normal') but I turned on the radio, rolled over and woke up 80 minutes later.

On the other hand, at that moment I quickly checked my phone (mostly to confirm dh was on his way, he's due to land in Canada in 2.5 hours) and then popped out of bed.

I slowed down again but was dressed by 9 and fed by 9:20 because it is alarm testing day so I knew there'd be people to my apartment and since they work from the top down, it would be soon. All day the speakers in my apartment are on loud, playing music. In an emergency they sound the alarm and can be used by the management/fire department to give us emergency instructions but for testing day, they put on music. It is irritating to say the least. I have shut the office doors but the second speaker is in the hall outside our bedroom so I have a wrapped it in bubble wrap. It is still clearly audible despite that (and the noise cancelling headphones!)

They visited me around 10:15. At 10:40 they turned it off for their break but it is back on now and I have started music along with the noise cancelling headphones but I can still hear the emergency system so may have to leave home. If it starts back up after lunch (likely since there are 340 apartments to check), I will head out since I have to go to the bank anyway and it is a nice day for a walk.

The music isn't offensive so I can surf the net or play games with it on in the background, but I cannot concentrate on anything that I need to do.

During their break, I rushed around and tidied up the breakfast stuff, and my desk which no longer had any wood showing. I have my to-do list of 'fires' and need to prioritize and get moving.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:15 am

I've managed to get to over 2,000K steps so far today, albeit it chilly & windy out. Doing my walking in several laps ( a little over 100 steps per lap) inside as I have a hard time breathing when it's this windy.

Good news is that my phone arrived about 10 minutes ago so I'll take that to AT& T after lunch to get it set up. Was going to go to P ublix today but it can wait until tomorrow. There's nothing on special I need so it can wait.

Realized I was completely out of meds so had to put up a week's worth before I could even take mine this morning.

Dh called about 1/2 hour ago and had delivered the rolled bandages from our church to the Brethren in New Windsor, MD. Have a feeling he'll be home late today. There's no way he'll want to spend another night in a hotel fairly near Rochester, NY. Know him too well.

I am going to copy every page before I send it. I will also send it with tracking so I know it gets to where it has to go.
So very wise, Cathy. I try to remember to do exactly that with anything anywhere near important.

I see another 'topic' coming up:
If it wasn't on fire then it got ignored.
Find myself way too often waiting for that phase!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:26 am

Making baby step progress

** emailing back/forth with the lady to confirm details on the event in May. I thought it would be simple. Then she said the children would be separated into 9 different areas of the wildlife refuge. Excuse me?! I'm not letting DS10 or DGD7 go off with a stranger to an unknown area by unknown transportation. I get the feeling this person making the arraignments is not a parent. Or maybe I'm just being a helicopter parent.
** DS10 has finished 5 Math assignments and did excellently. He is working on science and history assignments now. Reading assignment is ready & waiting for him.
** Texting with DD. She quit 2 jobs and starts another job tomorrow. DGD7 is back here. We will pick her up from school today.
** Made 3 gallons of MasterBlend mix (fertilizer).
** I'm pleased to see my sleep continues to improve. I'm averaging 8 hrs 27 minutes. WhoooHOO!!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:38 am

Good job on the sleep pattern increasing, LadyM! I can only hope. Last night was one of those nights when the arthritis in my toe joints started bothering me till well after midnight. But then I think I slept pretty well. Allergies were running rampant this morning however. Think it's just the steady stiff breeze.

Somehow, someway, somewhere!!! My handicap tag has gone missing. Made sure we brought it in from our car and I had it in the office. Now it's nowhere to be found. Had dh look in the big calendar that was on our table & I put in the car -also in the clear envelope of papers I've sent up with him. He 'says' it's not there. (But we all know how men look for things, right?) Thought perhaps it was lying on the calendar and I closed it inside. Time will tell. If I don't find it in a couple of days I'll call the town where I got it and see about the possibility of getting it replaced. No idea...………….. I CAN live without it, but it would be nice to have, especially when we go to a hockey game in Orlando. Gets us up to the handicap area in the parking garage.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 am

Fire-free Fridays, or something like that. Fire fighting Friday. There you go. Now to get Thursday dealt with.

We (I) have decided that 2 wooden barn doors with the black hardware and a white wide-louver door in between with the wall on that side of the hall being white with a white ceiling. The entire other wall is wood with a 10' x 4' retro wooden shelf already in place. The almost-finished side looks really nice.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:02 pm

Oh Cathy! I love the description of your renovation. #LoveBarnDoors

My handicap tag has gone missing.

I stopped putting DMom's handicap hanging placard on my car when I take her to the doctor. After years of using it, I thought no one ever checked. Recently I found out differently when I parked in a handicap place at the doctor office. When we came out of the building there was a policeman looking into my Suburban windows. I walked up to him and asked if he was looking for a handicap hanging placard and he was. I pointed to DMom using her walker and told him that I forgot to put the handicap sign on my dash. Thankfully he didn't give me a ticket.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Cathy, your wall sounds nice.

My WTF is getting out of bed and getting my day started. What does that say about me? :roll:

I put my eye drops in at 8AM and took some morning meds and then I put the TV on to a weather channel or local news and this time fell back asleep. I'm not sleeping well these days. A lot on my mind. I am aware of how often I open my eyes in my sleep and look around. Because now I'm not seeing well, when I open my eyes it looks fuzzy or weird so that makes me think about what's going on and triggers my dreams to think about the same thing. I think once during the night it was odd enough that I got up and used the bathroom (I never do that) and then went back asleep. Fortunately, I can usually go right back to sleep if I wake up. Been able to do that my whole life.

So I am doing some desk chores. Fielded a couple phone calls, got cleaned up and dressed. Not much else, but that is ok.

Kathryn, about your comment yesterday, about my feeling better about going for the surgery... I really didn't have a choice. My sight was slowly getting worse and worse. Glare from any kind of light source and I had great difficulty driving at night. I was putting more light on at night in rooms where I was working and more light directly on anything I was trying to read. My glasses no longer were working for distance viewing. So I'm still glad I went ahead with it all. Drs. said I was just at the right progression to having it done.

Going to print off a form and get that stuff out of my way. No big plans for the day. Dinner is planned.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:22 pm

LadyM, don't beat yourself up about it! Letting things slide when you're not feeling well is normal, your focus has been feeling well.

------------------------
Ooooh, I wrote this before I left and now I'm back. I went through grocery for cauliflower and asparagus. I am planning to see dmom this afternoon but I'm thinking I might lie down and try to get rid of this headache first. It has perhaps subsided a little.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:32 pm

I'd not dare to park in handicap parking without it, LadyM. Beats me where it's hidden itself. I'll have dh check through the calendar again tomorrow after I'm sure he's rested.

Just went out and walked another 1,500 steps -getting me to near 4K so far today. Will bring in the roller can from the road later and take at least a short walk then.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:03 pm

dailies are done.

mom is being mom :shock: :roll: she has company coming and then she drops close family like a hot potato - it will be interesting for dd younger. mom will make sure to say something bad about dd to company and then me etc. dd has set up lots of appointments while the people are there and stay out of my moms line of vision as much as possible. so keeping fingers crossed that mom won't go into full. her name mode.

need to set up stuff
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”