Wednesday WTF - Worst Thing First

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Wednesday WTF - Worst Thing First

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Happy Birthday to your dh, Nancy. Hope it's a fun one.

We want to get the car to the garage place this afternoon if we can. Not certain we'll manage that. While out, I'd like to go by the bank, if HRH feels like it. He will be miserable on the trip, though, because we must use dstepson/dstepdil's car when we leave ours (dd has truck at school). He is always so uncomfortable in their car because it is a very cramped one. From the outside (looking at the two today in our driveway) it seems the same as ours but when you get in, you do notice the tight space.

This evening I have rehearsal for Easter music and afterward suppose I must stay for the regular Wed. evening time or appear rude. I dread it since lately we are on such a see-saw of whether times are pleasant or not and Sunday was a "not". Like Twins', I have suspicions of my own jaw pain starting back up, and after marathon singing, I may not feel like mincing words.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Homeschool Day #146 is completed.

I cooked hamburger meat for DH and DS10 lunch.

I've made a huge salad for my lunch. Baby Spring Mix, 6 kinds of lettuce picked fresh from my garden, 2 types of sprouts, 1/2 of chopped avocado, 1/8 c of raw sunflower seeds, 8 olives, 2 Tsp lemon juice, 1 T of olive oil, cherry tomatoes from the garden and a spoonful of Rotel. My taste buds and stomach both say YUMMY!

I ordered the next level of Language Lessons for a Living Education. This is one of the 4 English curriculums that we use. I like each of the 4 for different reasons. Thankfully they are all short assignments. DS10 needs lots of repetition so just using one English curriculum doesn't work for him.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:28 pm

It took me all this time to get one form printed out, figured out and information put in and copied. Govt is changing the address mid-year and I had to look up that information too. I am half-way done with end of month/quarter work. It usually takes me 1 hour to do it all. :roll:

I stopped to make a turkey sandwich for lunch. Yumm! I'm so glad we got that shopping done yesterday.

Tomorrow I will tackle the rest of the stuff.

Dee, did you use this handicap pass in someone else's car and it's sitting there?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:21 pm

I was late getting the covers off the outside garden plants. The bright sunshine was making the plants covers into a sauna. The wind is blowing about 20mph today and it is a challenge for the little baby plants. They are going to either get acclimated or die. I have them in a protected area blocking about half of the wind but they are still being whipped from side to side.

For the first time ever, DH is going to attend the local church tonight. This is the church that I take the kids to on Wednesday night because of their awesome and well-attended children program. In addition to the good program, DS10 gets to spend a couple of hours with many of his public school friends there. ANYway, once a year that church ask the parents to attend for a show-n-tell. They are also cooking for everyone (fish fry). If we ever leave our current church (extremely doubtful) we would attend this local church. We like everything about it.

DH has gone to a VDFriends house to give some items to take to our church tonight since we won't be attending.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:45 pm

Good thought, Harmony, but no I haven't used it at all since we took it out of our car a couple of days ago. It's somewhere.

Got my new phone all set up with the updates and things from the Cloud. However, I guess I still have to take it to an A T T place to get it activated. Tomorrow. I'm okay for now. Can't believe I got as much done on it as I did. I do need to get my photos removed from the cloud though. Using too much storage and I don't want to start paying if I can avoid it.

Think I'll go for another stroll & try to get my count up from its present 6,400. I'm trying hard to make my goal that 'magical' 10,000 number. Here's hoping and I'll see if it makes a difference after a week.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:53 pm

Got the insurance claim all copied and mailed off with a tracker number for me.

Spaghetti is warming up in the oven.

I also took a bunch of silver jewelry over to the "We buy your gold and silver" store. This one is not a chain type store. As a matter of fact, I see the exact same guy every time I go there. Today he didn't even ask for ID. After he took the silver and gave me back the costume stuff, I went up to the local thrift store that I like to drop my stuff off at and unloaded an entire back seat full of stuff.

So I feel like I accomplished stuff today.

I'm really still sort of bummed. I deleted all the cruise stuff and all the Holland America websites from my computer. Unliked all the FB stuff.

Dh is building an insulated box around the water pump. Insulated mostly due to the amount of noise it made after dh took down the structure that was around it. We will have a short counter where there used to be a very useless cupboard. That wall used to be absolutely flush with the back door. It really made you feel claustrophobic as you entered the house.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Waving to all!!!

I just got back from judging the essay contest -- along with two other ladies (both from my church, both retired teachers). It was pretty difficult to judge. Five essays, one we could toss out pretty quickly b/c the person in charge had told us she wanted us to be picky about punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc. But then the other four... all were very good. We settled on our two favorites though (the organization was giving two scholarships) and I enjoyed spending time with these two ladies. And we received little Mason jar flower arrangements for our trouble! :D

I am also continuing to wage war with a bird outside my back door. Every day I tear down his attempt to build a mud nest, and every day he (she?) returns. Every. Single. Day. I hung a shiny CD there where he was building, and thought I had won the battle for a day. Noooo... he must have thought it over and returned today, building just to the side of the CD dangling there. These same birds try to build on our front porch, in the corners, but hanging CDs there stopped them. In 33 years, this is the very first time they have ever tried to build at the back door, and they are not in the corners of the stoop -- they are right above the door frame, on a little ledge about 1/2 inch thick! I never see him -- he must do his work while I am sleeping. So today, I took a strip of aluminum foil and tacked it up over the entire ledge -- except I tore it too short and there's probably an inch or so on each side that he can still work with. * sigh * We'll see how he manages with that. It is so annoying!!! I am NOT a bird person. I don't have birdhouses or birdbaths or feeders; they make me a little bit nervous, and I really don't want to deal with the mess this will create right at the back door where I go in and out every day. * sheesh * :evil:

DGD will be here to spend the night and all day tomorrow with us. I'm so excited for dgs, getting to go see the presidents' homes near Nashville tomorrow -- Andrew Jackson and James K. Polk. I think they are also visiting the Civil War battlefield for the Battle of Nashville, and eating at a restaurant of his choosing, and maybe going to a children's science museum there also. He loves history so much, especially the presidents and the Civil War, so I can't wait to hear what he has to say about it all. Probably not much, LOL, b/c no matter what, he'll just say he liked it all and he doesn't remember what he liked best. I wish we could all go, but it is good for him to have some time to himself with his parents. DDIL, especially, is very conscious of trying to do something special with him during Spring Break. Last year they all went to the beach.
DGS will spend the night with us when they return tomorrow night, b/c dgd has an eye doctor's appt early Friday.
We go to a bluegrass festival with ds & dgs on Saturday and dgs will spend the night again...
and then Monday, dgd will be back b/c dgs has an appt with the psychiatrist (re: his hair pulling, autism, etc) on Tuesday morning.
I get tired just thinking about it, LOL...
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:03 pm

Thinking our 2 dgs are pretty close in age, aren't they, LucyLee? Ours will be 7 July 10th. He too is very interested in the Civil War and all things history. He really finds the Civil War Reenactment extremely interesting at the nearby 'country village'. We buy them a family membership each Christmas as there's so many activities going on there & they all enjoy. DGS loves to 'hang' with the participants of the reenactment each year but is still to young to be a part of it. Have not much doubt that he will as soon as he can.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Early release day here dgd did not come. I am back from taking the dog for a walk. I put the plants outside it is raining a bit.

H said he had to work Sat. And go in esrly one of the drivrrs quit last week.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Yes, Dee! DGS here will be 7 on July 26th! They are just a couple weeks apart! Our dgs has never been to a reenactment, but he has seen a mock-camp at a local festival we have around here every year. That's amazing how they are both so into stuff like that, at such a young age, isn't it? I mean, I certainly don't remember caring one thing about the presidents when I was six or seven years old, LOL! Hmmm... wonder what I did like to do? Ride bicycles with the little boy who lived next door, and catch frogs, I guess. :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”