R your Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

R your Thursday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:32 am

Reset
Refocus
Readjust
Restart
as many times as you need to.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: R your Thursday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 am

DD has been here this morning and DGD7 is launched to school.

I'm waiting on DS10 to be ready to start homeschool. He is on track this morning.

Last night was a fun evening. The church uses modern worship music with the words projected on the wall (no hymns). I didn't know the songs but it was easy to sing because the words just repeated over and over. They couldn't have done anything more to make sure everyone felt welcomed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:57 am

Hi!

Garbage and recycling are out. I had a massive bonfire last night and that looked after some of the wood dh took down from inside the house. We are going to start a new barrel this weekend so we can put longer pieces in. The former owner used really nice wood for stuff and he used solid wood doors that he made himself, so none of the wood we are burning is composite or anything with glue or particle board. The stuff that couldn't be burned went to the dump.

I had a very heavy green garbage bag, partly due to the fact that their was stuff in there from dd's 5 bin purge. I am so proud of her for finally being able to get rid of so much stuff!! Yes, it took medication for her to be able to do it, but now it's done.

I have to load the dishwasher and do some pots and pans. Dh has a car repair coming here today. I also have 2 separate deliveries from A river that my daughter bought me. Both are books.

Supper tonight will be asparagus for dh, rice and butter chicken. I just need to thaw the chicken. I have everything else I need, including some Naan bread in the freezer.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:15 am

Hello LadyM and cathy.

I was up early, earlier than usual. I had some stuff to get done early so I got up. Caught DH going out the door without his cooler for a day at work. Got that mistake corrected. Reminded him that there's no way I could come out and rescue him today. He says he'll get homeowner to bring him home tonight as he's leaving truck there.

Got laundry started and my last form for the month done and submitted. Tomorrow's the day! I'm waiting for Drs. office to call with their schedule of what time to come for surgery. I will be so glad to have this behind me.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:38 am

Harmony, yes, we will be thinking of you and the doc tomorrow and hoping for great results! Third time's the charm?

Love the Rs Lady M. I do need to do some focusing for what's left of the week. I have a hearty list of errands for tomorrow, so think I will try to get stuff done here at home today. I've written in genealogy for noon, tho, if I can get enough done by then.

Yesterday's discussion of historical homes and history - I've been to the Jackson home and Monticello and the Monroe home in VA several times. I love history. I've been wanting to do a VA Civil war battlefield trip and dd says she'll go with me but it's so hard to figure out when. This spring would actually be ideal.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:43 am

And we too will be glad for it to be behind and you finding much better results. Know what it is to have to 'go back' for more and feel for you.

I got up rather late. Discovered late last night that my fit bit needed recharging. Should have just got up then and put it in the charger. Oh well. Then I plugged it in this morning via my computer and neglected to turn the computer on. Imagine that, it won't charge when the power isn't turned on to the computer. :roll:

Seems dd and their entourage still managed to get to Seattle not much later than their original time. Imagine that both planes had the 'petal to the metal'. Sounds like she's really enjoying it there. This is a good group of kids.

Interrupted by phone call from dh. Right now my old phone will ring but there's no way to answer it. But! The phone call comes through on my iPad and I can talk via that. (At least while I'm here.) As soon as my fit bit charges I'll be going to the A T & T store to get it activated. Everything is downloaded from the cloud. Can't believe I figured out how to do all that. At first my contacts didn't download but found in the settings they weren't turned on. I'm pretty good to go.

Dh said he never went to bed until 11:30 last night. Was unpacking, etc, etc, etc. Guy is coming this afternoon to fix the check valve in our water heater so he can then put water in the holding tank & start using it. He'll buy drinking water for a while as he puts plenty of chlorine in the water to sterilize the tank & pipes. So different from closing up a house for a winter.

Time for me to get moving, take my meds, eat breakfast & drink a cup of coffee. Haven't decided whether I'm going regular or decaf yet. I'm off. Have a great "R" day!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:54 am

oh I like that!!! thank you for such a lovely start d Lady!

I am late starting my day so I can't say hi to everyone right now - but I am thinking of you all and cheering you all on!!!
I have errand day (d aunt canceled lunch)
I didn't clean up the photos after d cousin left
and I didn't do last nights emptying of the dw and the sink. I was exhausted. lol all I did was sit and talk! Had fun... but mostly bahooky time. same with the night time.

wishing you a wonderful day!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:32 am

Hi blessed and Dee. and Twins.

I got the call from the surgery center. I have to be up there 7:00 AM so it will be an insanely early day again. I have to have my last water by 5:00.

Got that LOL hanging up. Next: going to do a pickup around here, mostly the kitchen.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

so early!!!
hello d harmony waving at you!!! waving at everyone.

heading out the door. much love to you all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:47 am

I have started the sheets, qt is done, I have done my planning.
H. Left early for work.
I got up on time 6:30 on my own. Yea me.
What worked for me earlier in the week doing rounds of three 3 min. Chores I will keep doing that.
The mini banana creme pie worked great for hubby.
Just got a call, Dgd will be here noonish early release, she can help me get hubby's bday meal going.
Waving to everyone wtg on your progress!

Return to “Post When You Can”