R your Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: R your Thursday PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:56 am

Oh way too early for that kind of trip/traffic, Harmony! That's exactly why I decided to go the Orlando airport route rather than Tampa. Flight would leave Tampa at 8am, meaning we had to be there by 6;30 or so. Didn't want to have to deal with rush hour going into Tampa. My flight from Orlando is more but it doesn't leave until 1:45 on Sunday, May 26th. Good luck to you, will be praying/thinking of you in the morning. Here's hailing much better results! (Insert a Heart here)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:14 am

Except for continuing with laundry, I have finished a.m. routine. :D

Working for 30 min on paper taming, using the timer. Back about :15 before the hour.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:18 am

Best laid plans ;) I WAS going to go to A T T once my fit bit was charged. But then dsonil called me and was very broken up. I did get he said something about "car stickers". Well, I knew exactly where they were -sure dd forgot all about them in the chaos of getting ready to go away & the extreme hours she worked last week and with DS-R/family coming & being here. (of course my 'take' is: why can't dsonil do some of these things?) Not sure whether he noticed the jeep was out of date or if he got stopped on his way to work. But I noticed that both registrations expired on 3/15. And since I now KNOW it's out of date I hate to head out without it being on the windshield. I'd get stopped for sure. Interrupted by a phone call from DD in Seattle. Seems her dh texted her in a 'hissy fit' because he couldn't find the stickers last night. (Albeit he could have put them on at any time, right? If he'd only asked.) And of course he didn't come ask me last night. So I'm sure he stewed about it all night. They're now sitting on the kitchen counter awaiting his arrival home this afternoon.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:56 am

They can be such sissies, can't they, Dee?

Good progress on papers. Will do another round of 15 min at TOTH.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:11 pm

I stopped to take a break because my phone keeps chiming. I knew I had several text messages but I was FEELING SO GOOD that I didn't want to stop what I was doing to answer them. I had 5 messages from different people and responded to them. I made myself sit down with a 15-minute timer and take a break.

We have paused homeschool this morning so DS10 can help DH move the content of the Church Clothes Closet storage building. The storage building roof blew off in a storm a few weeks ago so DH had to move the content to a storage building in a different town. Now they have the roof replaced so he is moving all the content back. The Clothes Closet stores off-season clothing in the storage unit. I find it kinda shocking how many new clothes are donated. Last week a lady closed her brick-n-mortar clothing business and donated everything. Over $40K of new clothing! I suspect people donate to the Church Clothes Closet instead of other organizations because we give the clothes away. When there is a house fire we open the clothes closet for them immediately. It takes a lot of volunteers but it has been such a blessing to so many.

I have been busy playing with the plants. I transplanted a dozen marigolds from seedling tray to individual pots. DS10 planted these seeds on 3/25. He thought it was neat how fast they sprouted and are over an inch tall now. I also took a half dozen sweet potato slips that had roots and put them into individual soil pots. I started a new jar of sprouts (radishes). And rinsed the hulls off a tray of Chia microgreens that should be ready to harvest tomorrow. I took covers off the plants outside and carried the many plants back outside that I take indoors at night. My mind is so full of good thoughts while I'm doing this stuff. It brings me joy.

Break over. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:40 pm

I am on e break. I have more laundry going and clean mended sheets back on the bed.
Exercised on stat bike done as well.
Personal grroming done.
I am gllad for progress yea.
I am taking a 15 min break.
Laundry is current now yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Yep, Twins.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:55 pm

LadyM, I meant to ask you yesterday how in the world you had cherry tomatoes from your garden now? Greenhouse covering? I am so impressed. I'd love some cherry tomatoes and basil right now, and I won't see them until June probably.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi everyone. I will be adding REPAIR and RENTAL to the R list. Car #2 hit car #1. Car #3 (me) stopped in time. Car #4 hit me, pushing me into #2. Car #4 hit me AGAIN (not sure how) and I hit #3 again. Good thing it is payday because until insurance completes the investigation, I am on the hook for a $500 deductible. I was STOPPED when I was hit, but can I prove it? No. The car left a 20 foot trail of red fluid (transmission?) leaking from the front and I had to pick up a similar trail of parts. A rental is arranged and it is being towed from the impound lot to the body shop down the street. It may be RIP.

Last night, I went to the library then ate out. Of course, that left no time to do much else at home. Also meant I had 8 books to carry out of the wrecked car.

The momcat to be will be kept by the finders until she gives birth (any minute now). Then, they want help with placing the kittens and getting everyone spayed and neutered.

Pray for my car. I still owe $7000 on it and cannot afford another.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:38 pm

My day so far, divided into early and later:

earlier:
R in my brain today is Ranting (skippable)
I am stalled. My cousin's dh has died when I'm supposed to stay away from "family gatherings". Ds reminds me of this with concern -" maybe you shouldn't go, Mom." Ds doesn't know yet if he can go to funeral, but yes if HE could only break away from work that long, I could be calm about missing it myself, maybe. Dd is resisting the request I made of her to go by the funeral home and sign the guest book, speak to a few people, even though she can't stay for the funeral because of a class. She is saying it's rude. Have I taught her nothing? Sigh. How could it possibly be rude. She is saying she didn't know the deceased himself. Again, have I taught her nothing? She asks isn't it just as important to get ready for the lady her ddad barely knows who will come later (aaauuuugghh) and that she will rush home from class to be sure she greets her/them, and isn't that worth just as much to me. (part of me wants to say, "Have you met your mother?")

"Children!", (I want to say) ...This is the funeral of my cousin's husband of 60 years, and our next-door neighbor's own Daddy. This means that for sixty years, this man came home to my slightly nutty cousin every night and with every paycheck, and smiled doing it. Many people who feel achy and weary and soooo tired, will somehow get themselves together and they will make it to this funeral when they haven't been able to go to much else in years and won't be able in future. They will come in walkers and in wheelchairs and through embarrassments we can't imagine when we're feeling well (or worse, young and well at the same time). lucylee, you see this, don't you????? I want to holler at all 3 of my children (the oldest does not get a free pass) "it's my cousin. My cousin, I tell you!" But I don't.

later:
I powdered my nose so I would be the only one who knew I cried over such a silly predicament. I picked myself up by big girl bootstraps and went to the funeral. It was overflow and I stood at the wall, away from people. Wonderful service, such kind and loving ministers (2 of them - one the neighbor) saying uplifting things, sweet special music. I was situated right where the door was to the area where family would go next for visitation and at first I thought that was good, to get in quickly, but it did turn into a cattle barn soon, with nowhere to move, so I couldn't get out quickly. I hugged way too much because it was too hard to speak loud enough to make myself heard about why I shouldn't hug. (shhhhhhh, don't tell ds) It was complete joy to get to see so much family, even the cousin on oxygen in a wheelchair - priceless. I made up my mind I need to start writing to her.

Used the purell in the car, rinsed with the "intense" mouthwash when I got home. (dd thinks it kills germs - couldn't hurt.) I'll scrub up and double up on anything I think can keep my immune system happy, and this late in the "season" if there is a season for whatever's out there, I believe I'm good. Ds will get to say "I told you so" if I'm not, so that should make him amiable to letting me live in the camper. :roll:

Return to “Post When You Can”