Friday Fire Fighters

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Friday Fire Fighters

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:12 pm

Cathy - POTB for the progress on clean surfaces!

does your dd have any other children? 

DD has 4 children
DGS23 (DD left him when he was 11 years old)
DGS21 (DD left him when he was 9 years old)
DS10 is DD's biological child (we adopted DS10 to get him out of the court system)
DGD7

it is exhausting keeping small children round the clock. LadyM...  How DO you do it???

I don't know. I just do it. Thankfully being around children is a joyful experience (most of the time). There is always something going on.

DGD7 got sick to her stomach. *sigh* She erupted with no notice. I grabbed her up and ran for the bathroom but we left a trail through 3 rooms. **double sigh** After DGD7 finished being sick I put her in the shower to clean up. She was a mess. When I came out of the bathroom to get DGD7 clean clothes I found that DH had cleaned up the mess on the floor and mopped the 3 rooms. I am so very thankful for him.

On a fun note……I spent time outside this evening playing with the plants until it got dark. I set up a mock RGGS (method of growing plants). Early today i had an idea pop into my head how it could possibly be done without using the gutter. It took me some time to decide how to do it. Once I got it set up then I planted a Rutgers tomato plant in it. I also dumped a container of soil and mixed with amendments. Then I refilled that container and planted 3 begonia flowers in it. These things are fun for me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:42 pm

((LadyM, dgd and dh))

lucylee, congrats on the Auburn win. Looks like it was a runaway! Charles Barkley is always an attention-getter. Dd39 definitely wears a RED tee-shirt, however, when she wears team colors. She might have taken some interest in the game anyway, but she didn't mention it to me today when we talked, and I think one of the boys had soccer tonight. I almost thought trhe announcer meant Duke blue for a moment, since there they yawn at the Ivy League, and actually are called the "blue-blood" team here, along with Wake Forest. UNC-CH, with the blue and white colors in the game today, is an everyman's college like all state-supported-tuition universities - just like dd39's although not as large and not as much a science school. I have several kinfolk of modest means who've gone there - a niece of my late dh may be sad tonight, come to think of it. Since they are the oldest of the old in the region, they are often just called "Carolina" by sportscasters and other newspeople, much to the frustration of other teams in the Carolinas, lol. Everyone in this area calls it Chapel Hill, period. They'd get jumped on otherwise!

Very happy to hear news in our area that hospitals have lifted the visitor restrictions that were put in place because of the flu. That makes me feel better about venturing out into a social setting yesterday.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:28 pm

(((LadyM)))
Absolutely agree the dgrands are a joy — but I also can relax a little more with the quiet when they leave after being here for a while. ;)
Sooo sorry dgd is so sick! Big POTB for LordM!!!

Harriet, it was an amazing game, but not really a runaway until at least midway through the 2nd half. And a little heartbreak too — one of our best players went down with a knee injury. Looked bad — all our team huddled up and prayed, went over to offer encouragement, and all the NC players came over to speak to him as he limped out. Our coach was crying when asked about it after the game.
So now — we face Kentucky Sunday. The last team to beat us, and they did it in grand style — 30-something points, but that was in Kentucky.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:41 pm

When any of my kids growing up were sick, or me now or DH, we sit with a basin nearby. It contains the mess. Big cheers for LadyM's DH for his assistance. I hope DGD doesn't pass anything around.

Elizabeth, your car isn't all that old. It should still have a lot of value to it.

I slept like I was a zombie for about 4 hours. Got up to eat and sit in rocker. My sight in "bad" eye is much better, but like I'm looking into a smoky room with sight just in the middle. I am please that the big cluster of lights I was seeing as I looked at streetlight down the street is now gone. It's a pretty normal street light now. Yay! I am able to see the closed caption on the tv and read most of it without my old glasses with either eye and I can read the computer screen without glasses, though it's a little fuzzy but not bad at all. My eyes haven't been this good in years. Thankful doesn't even begin to say how I feel.

Ok, back to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”