Friday Fire Fighters

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Friday Fire Fighters

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:41 am

Fire fighters are busy people.

They don't just fight fires.

They rescue people. They educate people to be safe.

They don't have a lot of down time because when they are not fighting fires, they are preparing their tools so that the next time they have to step up, they are ready and able to respond immediately.

They work very long hours. Under a lot of stress.

Geez, it sounds like a similar job description to homemaker!

So today, think of yourself as a fire fighter.

If you have fires to put out, get at it. Be organized, tackling it in the way the will offer success. Remember you are part of a team, you don't have to do it all yourself - there are spouses, family members, appliances that can do work for you, people you can hire to help. And for those who believe in a higher power, there is the Mystery to call upon to give you the focus, courage, and strength you need.

If you have recently fought fires, remember sticking around, watching for embers to reignite is a part of fire fighting. Make sure everything is isolated so that it can't use other items as fuel when it reignites. Be ready to fully finish the job.

If you are done with fires, prepare yourself and your home to respond to the next fire.

Yes, you'll have a busy day but remember, here in this village, Homemakers are as admired as fire fighters!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friday Fire Fighters

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:46 am

We were to bed by 10:30, just an hour after getting home. It took me a while to fall asleep and dh's twitching woke me up at 11:30. I went pee and rearrange my sleeping position but he was still twitching badly so I woke him up to take an ibuprofen. He got up and did some squats but even so he was still wound up like a spring so left and slept in the spare bed.

I slept from about midnight to 5 without break, put on the radio and slept until 7. I was up at 7:30.

Dh was already on the bike, having got up at 5:45. He said he let me 'sleep-in'. I questioned his definition of sleeping in!

Anyway, I'm up, have rebooted my computer, tidied the kitchen, had tea and chocolate and did my light therapy. It is a grey day so while I was going to skip it, looking out the window I'm glad I took the time.

I'm going to get dressed and then have breakfast. I'm out of here at 11 to spend time with my childhood best friend.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:06 am

Hi!

Dh has a customer today, so he will be working in the garage.

I seem to have a fire in my kitchen sink. There are some pots and pans from Wednesday that have been smouldering. There is also a wildfire on the island that has been out of control for months. I can't remember the last time the island was bare. I couldn't even get it cleared off before we left for our holiday-from-hell. I have the ironing board set up in the pantry for back up.

Supper tonight is the last beef pot pie in the freezer and a request for mashed potatoes and corn to go with it. Dh and I ended up not really enjoying the tourtieres very much. We aren't sure about the meat pies. I'm sure we enjoyed the other beef one, but not the chicken one. Every night we discuss the next night's options. Told dh I just wanted that last beef pie eaten and gone out of the freezer.

I have been told that I should put white cross stitches on a cat pattern that I am working on. The woman that suggested this is a judge at the fair that I might be putting this particular piece into for the competition. She won't be judging the cross stitch because she puts her own stuff in, but she knows what they are looking for. She judges the food stuff at this fair. But, as she says, she listens when they are judging the knitting and cross stitching.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:39 am

hello sweet kathryn and sweet cathy and all!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:42 am

hoping to be here today! have a wonderful day all.

My plan/hope is zone day - one hours worth of work. also car and purse day

I didn't do a lick of my routines yesterday - I went to bed with dirty dishes in the sink, things not put away or swishing and swiping.
dh took the laundry and piled it on the kitchen table yesterday. squeezed not folded.

I have scallops for dinner tonight I think or turkey burgers - I may switch it around.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:09 am

I am picking up one thing at a time from the island and putting it away. Half cleared already. I can tell by dh's body language this week that he hasn't been enjoying everything piled on there.

I want to throw the suitcase away or donate it. Just seeing it is upsetting.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:27 am

waving.

I am getting stuck - oh my goodness
so off I go... and look at what is in my planner for today. My adult side is talking to my inner kid... alright, time to do your routines.

dh is talking up a storm! :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:28 am

It is raining here today to put out fires no bbqing happen8ng.

I have sheets in the wash ready to change over to the dryer.
I got to the last of the home blessing did mirrors.

I have been stuck lately too.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:35 am

I started to post earlier and then accidently closed the window so I've just now worked my way back. Dcleaning lady is doing her magic and I need to head out in a minute to get stuff I'm donating to the temple. No big fires today, thank goodness.

I have a couple of errands. I need to also figure out our dinner.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:54 am

Finally, finally, finally! Think I have our internet up home ordered to be turned back on "within the next 24 hours" -or so she said. I'm not really sure about this as in the Fall I had to talk to T ime W arner (which is a S pectrum Co.), but only found a number to call S pectrum this morning. Supposedly it's been put in the system. We'll see. Next trick is to remember the password. For some reason I don't have it written down. I tried and tried to log on and every time it just took me back to the login page. I know the ID & password were correct for our account. Yesterday I finally called and cancelled the paper till November.

Do have a working phone again. Need to answer a text from dfriend Di's dh. He was updating us on her condition. She's really having a rough go and chemo has been suspended for weeks. Dr. will only restart when she becomes strong enough.

Need to go to the grocery store later today. Want to get some serious walking in first.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”