Friday Fire Fighters

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday Fire Fighters

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:57 pm

so happy the doctor is pleased at what he see's D Harmony. Lots of healing prayers coming your way!!!! Welcome home!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:00 pm

sounds lovely d nancy!!!! we don't have flowers yet. tulips are an inch up. (I always worry about deer enjoying those before they bloom). my daffodils did not come up. praying tomorrow is a beautifully sunny spring day for you.

hi d twins too. hope your tummy starts feeling better. good for you for leaving instead of getting caught up in chaos.

hi d dee oh my gosh that sounds wonderful!!!! lovely!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:04 pm

I am struggling to push myself forward.
dh asked me to lunch and I went.
I know my inner lazies are kicking in. I am not tired but just have the I don't wanna's and am making the work seem bigger than it is.

dw is back on.

d old dog's back legs are not wanting to be her friend today

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Hello, villagers ~
It feels like most of this week I've been trying to get caught up from going to sewing camp last week. Of course, that isn't really true because this week had its own challenges.

I had to put together a preliminary report to the sewing group about the camp.

I had to proofread the sewing group's newsletter and remind other board members that they were supposed to have sent info to the editor. There were critical gaps that had to be filled in before the pages could go out to the general membership. I see in my notes that the same situation happened with the last newsletter. This has been an ongoing problem for years. I don't think there is a solution other than nagging.

Laundry and dishes as usual.

Wednesday I was able to work an hour in the front entry hall. I consolidated some things so they take up less space, and filled a bag with trash. There's still a lot of work to do there but one trash bag is progress.

I'm still doing my 30 day challenge to sew something every day, mostly working my way through the bags of cat mats. I think I will continue this challenge through April, for a minimum of one seam per day.

Monday at work when I started to update my purse calendar for some library activities, I realized that I was scheduled to work on Saturday the 20th and that's when DSis wants the family to get together for Easter lunch. Last night I asked my coworker if she would be willing to trade Saturdays with me and I would work the next weekend for her. She was kind enough to say yes so I can go to the family party.

Today I've been doing desk work. So far I've caught up on Emails and blogs. Will take a break for lunch and wash some dishes, and then tackle the snail mail to see which bills are due.

Oh and as of yesterday, we have a menagerie at the library: 1 blue fish, 1 white rabbit with red eyes, 8 baby chicks, and some swallowtail butterfly larvae. The fish and rabbit live there permanently. Chicks and caterpillars stop by every spring.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Went and did an errand at the outlet mall. Dd had asked me to go get it, and it ended up being in sale for 66% off. Seeing as I was very, very close to the ice cream place, I took myself out for a treat. (Black cherry ice cream, very yummy!)

Came home and dh asked me to do some burning because he had a pile of cardboard, so that is done. Island is almost totally clear. There are things on there from the hallway, like the laundry soap, which lives on the floor between the dryer and the wall.

I need to wash my hands, so I guess it's time to do the dishes.
Last edited by CathyS on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:15 pm

So frustrated. The state library and archives has a broken link, so the pdf with the listing of Knox Co holdings isn't online. I tried the "Ask a Librarian" link and finally gave up. I asked if she would just send me a pdf of the holdings, and she wanted me to pay for it. Crazy. I suspect they have what I want, but I'm terribly frustrated.

Then dh called and he had forgotten that I said emphatically that I wasn't going to services this evening. So I have taken out steak to thaw and he may go on to services.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 pm

Well, so I did write a post yesterday. However, I must have failed to submit because it is gone today.

What I can remember is much the same today as it was yesterday...

Elizabeth, sorry to hear about your car. Hope you have no lasting physical effects, and hope the insurance works out to your favor.

(((Harriet))), so sorry to read about your dcousin's dh passing. Hope the visit with dh's friend and wife was good.

Cathy, I wanted to say I was sorry you and dh missed out on your trip; glad you are able to get a refund. Hoping you can plan for another trip in the future!

Booksaver,I hope you are not having to deal with any flooding in your area.

We've had another cool front go past us this week. Days have been upper 70s and nights have been in upper 50s, good sleeping weather. Our amaryllis have been blooming for two weeks (the same bright orange as Harmony's). I am going to collect some of the seeds and take them with us for planting.

The closing on our house will be one day next week before Friday, probably Wednesday afternoon or Thursday. We have made good progress with decluttering and packing. I have talked with ds#3-T; he is driving, not flying, and will be here sometime Monday evening. We have a lot to do while he is here.

(((Harmony))), I am so happy the the eye doctor has been able to correct the problem in both your eyes. Prayers that you continue to heal well.

There are lots of fires smoldering around me. Today I am doing paperwork in the form of plans for the next few weeks. I have a notebook in which I have listed things as I think of them. I'm also doing some laundry, trying to keep up so there is not a lot later.

Waving hello to everyone.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:33 pm

sunny lovely to see you!!!!your amaryllis sounds lovely!!!! well done on your decluttering and getting ready for the house sale!
Waving a big hello to you!!!

I am sorry d twins. how frustrating!

hi cathy yay on getting errand done. what a nice, ice cream, treat for you... good for you!
yay on your work!

hello book!!! sending you a clear weekend without any challenges to it. yay on your front hall work! Yay on your 30 day sewing challenge - how fun.

waving to everyone.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:41 pm

CUOP from yesterday. Long distance hugs (the safe kind) to Harmony, Harriet, Elizabeth, and everyone else. Hugs all around!

Sunny ~ No flooding near me this time, for which I'm grateful. There were some flooded streets last week in TheBigCity but luckily I didn't have to go anywhere near them. Some of our library patrons were stuck at home several days because their gravel roads couldn't be traveled due to deep mud. We've had several warm, dry days in a row that have made great improvements here in Tiny Town. However, today has been gloomy and we're supposed to get rain this evening and possible snow overnight. :P

Waving back at blessedw2. You are doing so well with your decluttering projects, WTG.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:43 pm

I didn't use a timer but stuck to the zone work I had planned - even though I was cranky while doing it.

1. finished opening windows in frontroom (orliving room/parlour) and , vacuuming, wiping the winter dirt in all the crevices and washing them inside and out. Outside will be done well next month. I also fixed the screen. (it's a bay window).

2. cleaned the couch in that room as well

3. zone work left: vacuum under the cushions in the family room

Something that has been working well. Washing the window which zone I am in. vacuuming and washing sills as well as inside (sides). I am not doing the family room window until I can go outside with a ladder. - so far bathroom windows are clean, the kitchen windows are clean, the front room windows are clean all the way through. This next week will be the dining room windows. I do need to vacuum the screens outside but it is supposed to be cold outside next week.

boy the little stinker within is giving me some attitude. 8-) :roll: ;) ready to say to her: finish the process and it won't take long if you keep up with it during zone time.

I still have a basket of laundry and sheets to do. I also have to fold the laundry in the kitchen dh left for me this morning

Return to “Post When You Can”