Friday Fire Fighters

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Friday Fire Fighters

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:14 pm

Back from town. I got a piece of fabric purple corduroy, thinking how I will use it. To make a bag but what for lining, I have bee fabric might be cute in it. Found a tote for my yarn projects to replace a broken one, and a tin pail for planting medium. A jar that said honey on it, will go great with my bee themed project, got two juice glasses that go with my others. Dropped off a bag of donations while I was there.
Dishes are unloaded.
Sun is out and I am heading out in a bit to enjoy it.
Did 30 min. On the stat bike this morning.
I raked out a flower bed on the side yard.
Walked the dog around the block.
I picked up the leaves I raked bagged them up.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:31 pm

hi d nancy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:33 pm

I don't know why I thought vacuuming the couch would take a long time. 15 minutes and its done. cleaned it with leather cleaner wipes. done and it needed it!

still need to empty the dw.
make dinner.
swish and swipe.
list what I want to do in the family room when It comes up again.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:51 pm

The closing on our house will be one day next week before Friday, probably Wednesday afternoon or Thursday.

OH Sunny!! How exciting! After months of prep, this is really happening! Hopefully, you won't be offline too long with the move. I want to hear about it. :)

I am feeling very spoiled. Embarrassingly spoiled. DH took me to town today and we filled up the back of his pickup with stuff that I have been thinking about getting. Today DH encouraged me to move from the thinking phase to the get-r-done phase. I now have a new rocker/recliner, about 400 lbs of potting soil, compost and amendments, a big roll of landscape fabric, a flat of 24 begonia flowers and several strawberry plants. DH definitely knows how to speak my love language!

DGD7 is feeling sick to her stomach. She didn't want to eat lunch today. I don't feel any fever. She has been more clingy the last couple of day than normal - she is holding my hand and snuggling up next to me at every possible moment. DGD7 was extremely emotional on Wednesday after being with her Mom for 24 hours. She cried at school and cried again at church Wednesday night. DD texted me that she needed to be a better Mom. I don't know what happened between DD & DGD7 but hopefully, it will get better with time. DGD7 emotional reservoir isn't very deep. She isn't a fighter when challenged like her Mom is. DGD7 just crumbles and becomes distraught.

We have done zero homeschool today. We have already used our 5 free days for the month of March so we got to get going on the assignments. Thankfully we do a light day on Friday so it will only take a couple of hours.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 pm

Just talked to the body shop. The estimator has not gotten to my car yet. I went to retrieve my umbrella, which I may need Sunday. Really, I needed a break and to visit my car. The hood was open and I was able to see that my radiator fluid is also red, so maybe not transmission? The configuration of the front grille certainly indicated a strong potential for radiator damage. The man I talked to said they got 3 cars within a 15 minute window that day, including mine. I think the car beside mine was the one that hit me. Very sad because I tend to anthropomorphize cars. I should remember that abandoning a car is not the same as abandoning a cat! Cars do not care if you do not visit them in the hospital. The junkyard is not the pound.

There is only 10 minutes until time to leave. I don't anticipate lots of progress in that time window, so I am here. In answer to Harmony's question, it is (was?) a 2013 Dodge Journey with about 96,000 miles on it. Ideal for a cat hauler, moving furniture, or for myself and 6 of my friends. Less than ideal for travel trailer hauling when you have the smaller engine like I do. This weedend's task is to find out how much it is worth in case it is totaled. Then look online for similar vehicles and see what I would have to pay for one. If the insurance company offers me a check, I will then know if I should apply it to repairs on a salvage vehicle or take the money and get something else. If they decide to simply fix it for me, that would be even better.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:07 pm

d lady ((((sweet grand daughter)))) praying for her. does your dd have any other children?

hi d elizabeth.

dinner is done but need to clean up
also I forgot about the sheets that need washing. Time to try those in.

what still needs to be done.
wash the sheets, dry them and put them back on bed
empty the dw
refill the dishwasher
clean the counter
clean the stove

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:29 pm

(((Elizabeth))) DS was in a wreck very similar to yours about a year ago. And b/c one of the three drivers was apparently uninsured, and the other is trying to take the issue to court, ds still has not been reimbursed his $1000 deductible. Unlikely he ever will be. :roll: :cry: But like yours also, his car isn't worth much if it had been totaled, so at least he got it repaired and is still driving it now. They bought it not long after they married, b/c ddil's car had completely died, and they had to have something. My ddad helped them find it and felt it was in good condition and everything, but it is (I think) around a 2008? model -- Chevrolet Cobalt? It gets good mileage but that's about all that can be said about it.

(((LadyM))) (((DGD))) I am so sorry for all your dgd is dealing with, I guess b/c as a child, my emotional reservoir wasn't very deep either. I was always very anxious about everything, and I wanted everything to be perfect even then. Lots of "sick at my stomach" moments... all my life, that has been my weakness physically.
BTW -- a big WTG to LordM -- if anyone deserves spoiling, it is you, LadyM!

Sooo excited for Sunny and dh!

Sounds like you are making great progress, Nancy!

And WTG, blessed! You've got a lot done today!

(((Harmony))) Rest (physically) when you can, and try to rest in faith that this is ALL over now!!!

BookSaver, I hope the weather doesn't cause any more problems in your area!

Waving to Twins, Cathy, Dee, EVERYONE!!!

I have NOT been putting out fires today. Good gracious, it is exhausting keeping small children round the clock. LadyM... :shock: How DO you do it???
We exchanged children last night around 11:00 pm, dgd went home with strep throat (confirmed in doctor's appt this morning, so she had to reschedule her eye exam, and dgs had me up bright and early today.) I know if I could go to sleep when they do, I'd be more prepared for this early morning childcare, but my body clock just won't wind down at normal bedtime anymore. And for that matter, dgs was up late anyway. But he had slept on the way home, so he was rested when he got here.
He did love his trip to Nashville -- the Polk home more so than Jackson's -- Jackson's was very crowded and tour guides couldn't take as much time for questions and comments.

Zone work has been pushed aside of course, :roll: and I didn't even do WHB dusting after allergies started bothering me so much earlier in the week. HOWEVER, I did take the screen/cover off the vent over the stove last night and washed it -- had been forced to change the light bulb and realized how dirty it was. Much better now.

Well, almost game time again! Auburn vs North Carolina at 6:30. We will definitely have our work cut out for us, but hey, if it ends tonight, it's certainly been the best season we've seen in a long time. Are y'all watching, Harriet? :D Look on TBS -- Charles Barkley has all his desk area decorated in AU orange and blue and next to him is a NC alum with a NC jersey on and all his blue and white stuff. We're watching on tv and listening to our home radio crew. Our radio announcer just described this as a match between the Blue Bloods and the Blue Collars. :lol: Yeah... everyone knows Auburn is NOT in the Blue Blood circle where basketball is concerned...

Hope you all have a great night!!! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:23 pm

Dishwasher is going. The dish drainer is full of clean pots and pans and knives.

I have burnt almost everything that needs to be burned. There are 5 flyers on the counter. They are all for this week. Shhh, one is for Michael's... I might need floss and they have a 50% off coupon.

Dh switched my tires to summers today. He also did an oil change and looked at the brakes and will be doing a rear brake job when he orders the parts. He said I should be good for local travel this week. They aren't metal on metal yet, but he said to take it easy.

Absolutely love the things LordM bought for LadyM. Sorry to hear that DGD had a not-too-much-fun time earlier this week.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:57 pm

Too much to cuop at the moment.

I need to deal with the kitchen.

I was slow moving this morning, had a lovely time with my childhood best friend, then went a test drove a new car, picked up enough groceries for dinner and finally got the car washed.

Then I raced home and have been reading all the political news.

We've had an ongoing political scandal her for almost 2 months and today was a real bombshell in that. The scandal had turned into a He said/She said with the prime minister saying that sometimes people misunderstand what other people are saying and take it as too pushy or critical and he had not chosen his words carefully enough to make sure our Attorney General understood his concerns and what help he was asking from her (to not prosecute a company for major bribery scandals.)

Today she released an audio of a phone call with our head civil servant (who resigned a few weeks ago.) He had testified to Justice Committee which were investigating the scandal saying he wasn't pressuring the AG to drop the prosecution. She testified, quoting him, and stating 10 times over 5 months she had felt pressured. He came back and said he hadn't said what she said he said. She asked to come back and testify again offering evidence of her version and instead the government shut down the committee. So she did a filing of the evidence including releasing the audio of a phone call she had with that man and word for word he was saying what he testified he'd never said.

Unfortunately, this scandal has been on slow burn for so long, I'm not sure the prime minister, who is clearly in the wrong here and has had many people lie to the parliamentary committee, will resign but he should if his party wishes to get elected this fall. They need a new leader or else they are going to be defeated and I'm not keen on the party that will replace them. Like the right-wing party in the US, our right-wing party has lost its way. Although, thinking about it, our left-wing party has also lost its way, just like yours has. Except the situation is slightly reversed to the US, in theory we had the sane, good, person and will be getting a wing-nut. Your still hoping to find someone sane to run against the wing-nut.

So much for Trudeau's Sunny Ways. He's as corrupt as every other politician. But three women who were inspired by his promise that he'd be doing politics differently, ran and were elected, and now are the ones who are exposing that the emperor has no clothes. They are doing politics differently and not compromising their values. There's nothing for them to gain; one will not run again, the other two will be thrown out of the caucus next week unless something really dramatic happens and enough Liberals rebel and there is a mass resignation threatened until Trudeau steps down. A fourth woman crossed the floor and joined the Conservatives last fall. Two lose 4 women from your caucus (and two of them were respected cabinet ministers), is a sign that Trudeau wasn't the feminist or new-generation of politician that he claimed to be.

Anyway, that's absorbed me for this evening although dh and I did get out for a walk since I forgot to buy milk today while at the store.

It's time for me to walk away from the computer and clean up and then head to bed. First my vitamins, then cleaning, then bed. I had a lie-down on the couch while listening to the radio after getting home but I'm still plenty tired.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:02 pm

Dh just came in to see me on his way from the kitchen back to the living room... and he said...

"How come your desk is so clean?!?" He claims he has never seen so much of the surface since I got it. :lol:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”