Don't overthink Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Don't overthink Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:00 am

Good day to you all.

Many times we let ourselves overthink what is ahead. We see the mountain instead of seeing the gentle steady path we are walking on. We overwhelm ourselves looking at the mountain instead of seeing the flowers along our path.

Enjoy today.

little steps forward make us stronger and stronger. seeing the mountain all at once doesn't bring peace and doesn't help get where we want to go. All or nothing thinking just confuses us on where to go next. Take the simple path that still gets you to where you want to go.

I wish you a peaceful and joyous Saturday.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Don't overthink Saturday

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:26 am

It was good to "see" how much better Harmony is seeing -at least as of last night. Hopefully each day will see even greater improvement.

I had a fairly good night's sleep (according to sleep tracker I got 5 hours/49 minutes -that's almost a record!)

Expect dh will be calling me most any time. I was thinking he had his fire banquet tonight but the more I think about it -it's next Saturday.

Dsonil is doing a bunch of running around today & said he might not be back until late tonight. I should take advantage of having a car today -I'll have to think on that. Not sure I really have any running to do.

Editing: Went in to check my phone (which is probably 8' from me) which is charging -for some reason it didn't seem to charge much last night. Changed the charger cord. Anyway......seems dh tried to call me about 10 minutes before I checked it. So I called him. He's actually down the road from our camp about 4 miles at DGS6's hockey game. Glad he's able to do that. He hates missing those things when he's down here.

I need to get some BGS applied and get 'er done (whatever that might be!)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:28 am

Hi!

Not much going on here today. Dh has one customer coming over at 11. I have knitting at 2.

I don't even know what we are having for supper. :shock:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:52 am

Headed to a bluegrass festival. Hope you all have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:02 am

oh so jealous d lucy...so fun.. enjoy your day at the blue grass festival !

d cathy I am jealous with you as well.. knitting group at 2 - how fun is that - have a great time as well

yay d dee on your sleep!!!
so happy your dh was able to see the hockey game!
have a great day.

hello everyone

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:08 am

I have been on my Franny

today is a simple anti procrastination day.

My hope for today:

I haven't moved the laundry from dh the other day yet. :roll: ;)
I didn't do dishes last night. I have a full load of clean dishes and i just didn't want to empty it and I didn't want to do any dishes from the sink yesterday.

search for things I left out and have gotten used to seeing - put away
re pot dh's plant
change bulbs in ceiling in family room that went out.
put soil in garage in one container
throw bleach in pool
change cat litter and brush old dog.
cook scallops for dinner
look in desk bin and do what needs to be done.
figure out what dd older owes me.

I did not get my car washed or vacuumed yesterday so that will be put to next week.

might do some ancestry stuff.

but first: routines (even if I don't want to) 8-) :lol: Gosh, I am such a brat!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:15 am

Good Morning!

I got over 7 hours of sleep last night but was up 1.5 hours during the night. DD came at 2:30am (when she got off work) and got DGD7. Then DD brought DGD7 back here at 8:30am on her way to work. I'm thankful that DGD7 isn't running a fever this morning and says her stomach doesn't hurt. Hopefully this stomach thang is over.

The next 3 nights are going to be freezing or close to it. Hopefully, I can get all the baby plants through this time. Next week will be in the 70's so it feels like there is light at the end of the tunnel of winter time.

I'm going to make a pot of beef hash today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:21 am

Oh my I just got up at 9:30! I commented to dh last night about dMuffin getting me up and he must have taken her out to potty then warned her about waking me up too. :lol:

We have a busy day today. I must run two errands: drugstore for meds, and to vet for dog food. And make a baby card! And s2s and be ready to go to meet a new baby around twoish? She's actually about six months old but this is her first trip here. And tonight we have the temple fundraiser party.

I can't believe how much of a mess I can make between the time the dcleaning lady leaves and when I got up this a.m. I've already straightened the GR, cleared the kitchen table and breakfast bar counter, fed the dog, recorded weight, figured out I don't need to cook supper tonight, and decided not to make hot coffee, to drink iced coffee on this fine morning. And I found a baby card I had already made upstairs that will work for a baby girl. Need to do just a little finish work on it but it will be fine.

Now to get busy again.

-throw on clothes and brush teeth
-walk the ddog
-drugstore and vet
-circle back to breakfast and rest of a.m. routine.

I will s2s and try to puff up my hair before we go out. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:31 am

I am up had breakfast and coffee that is about all. H is working this morning. It was sunny, now it is foggy out. Thinking about sewing. I spiffed up the kit. A bit.waving to all of you.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:50 am

Not much going on around here today. DH is out working on the lawn. I've had breakfast and I'm watching TV movies. Light is still very glarey. I have big puffy circles under my eyes. I had that last time, they went away. Feeling very lazy!

Return to “Post When You Can”