The Simple Path Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

The Simple Path Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:14 am

There's a gentle, steady path we're walking on (said blessed wisely). If we don't overthink and overwhelm ourselves we may even notice some flowers along the way!

What are you seeing today on a simple path that gets you where you want to go?

blessedw2

Re: The Simple Path Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:34 am

A blessed morning to you sweet Harriet! Always a joy to see you, especially at the start of a lovely day!

Trying to think simply today as I have a tendency to over goal and ping pong think. I was just sitting down to set up my week on paper. (I almost started raising chickens on paper - I had so much planned in my head lol. ) Thank you for bringing me back to what I could do instead of overwhelming myself. What a nice way to remember to just enjoy our journey! I will still get to where I want to go (realistically and enjoyably) . Thank you! :D

Have a lovely day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:53 am

I am looking down that 'Simple Path' today. First up is to 'feed me'. I slept very well last night. Joy, joy, joy! According to my F Bit I had nearly 7.5 hours. Amazing for me. I did get in 12,500 steps yesterday. Where did that burst come from!? Hope to at least make that 'magical' 10k today. We'll see.

Thanks, Kathryn, for that info. Not sure if I can just contact them or if dd has to since it was on her account that F Bit was ordered. I know I'll need to do something before I start making a mess scratching. Trying to avoid that.

Going to go try to style my hair (minus washing this am) then eat breakfast. Made out our checks for church and have my 'church bag' ready.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:00 am

Sitting down and setting up the week will be smart for me, too.

Dee, you are WonderWoman with a pedometer.

Last evening ds called - very unusual - to ask me to come house-sit/baby-it after the children were asleep. He'd tried others but all had fallen through. It wasn't a problem for me, and signals to me that he and ddil are less worried now about bugs and viruses being "out there" and coming into my own home. I took my books for the study on Tuesday and got some reading in.

As I personally suspected ;) because I am old and have "seen it all", our green-eyed boy7 was playing possum for his parents' sake.
He was trying to be good but unable to manage an earlier sleep-time. He eventually gave up and he and I hung out downstairs with the lights low, as he made himself a bed on the couch. I couldn't be the hugger I wanted to be, but it was wonderful to just talk to him privately and find out how much he's growing up.

landmarks on my path this week
Tomorrow:
blood work and appt for HRH
Tuesday:
the study (all morning)
Wednesday:
housework day I hope
possibly will attend church in evening
Thursday:
appt for me, no blood work

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:11 am

Will be so glad when this is behind you & HRH, Harriet. What a precious time with dgs7! Sleeplessnes is sometimes a good thing.

Just finished breakfast & am sipping my coffee -decaf this morning.

"Wonder Woman"? I think not, but I'm sure trying.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:20 am

I was up during the night when DD picked up DGD7 at 2:30am but I went right back to sleep. I usually put a podcast or lowkey episode on the Kindle and within a minute or so I'm asleep. I am thankful to be able to fall back to sleep easily.

I visited my hair colorist this morning. It was long overdue. Coloring hair was one of those things that I ignored while I wasn't feeling good. It is encouraging to feel like doing these things again.

I'm keeping DS10 home from church today with a bucket beside him. I've given him some sprite to sip and told him that he could try eating crackers later today.

Yesterday I printed out the monthly calendar for April and hung it on the refrigerator. It has all the activities on it plus the doctor appointments in red ink and the out-of-town events highlighted in yellow. We have missed having a calendar to look at the upcoming activities. Making a calendar is also one of those things that I dropped doing while sick. I feel a tiny bit organized with the calendar back in place.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:25 am

listening to service online today. I think I will stop by service this week in the am during the week.

hello d dee! wonderful on the 12k steps! good for you! and so happy you slept so well last night.

d harriet. (i bet they were so happy to have you there - and how nice you could get your reading in)
love your landmarks

d lady good morning! your hair color is lovely! what a blessing to feel like you are getting back into normal life and routine. so happy you are feeling better. praying for your ds to feel better.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:35 am

thank Goodness I looked on the beginning of my path this week by looking here first. I simplified my vision for the week.
I had eaten chocolate and a sugary cereal and had a sugar body melt down. so I slept yesterday afternoon. Much better today.

Monday: out to lunch with dearest sil
home blessing - really simple

Tuesday: Hair cut, bill/car/purse day/menu

Wednesday: Declutter day 1 hour - don't over goal

Thursday: Errands

Friday Zone work - Front hall and dining room. 1 hour

Saturday: play day enjoy

Sunday: Anti procrastination day/reading/celebrate faith

choices goal: being kind to others( and myself -re food choices and getting outdoors), stay in grace (as much as possible),
Important:
stick to my own knitting 8-) :D and don't judge others decisions as they are their own. Go above it and be kind. Be a role model for my girls.

I loved this - the service was talking about a woman... she has clothed herself in love all her life. What a compliment to this woman and the way she has lived.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:58 am

I am up and had done my journaling and planning. H is up so now I can get on the stat bike. Have a great day everyone. We are having lovely weather. I am in recoup mode today. Got the main task for this weekend done cleaned out one flower bed out front. I napped on the couch, the dog "helped" with my nap, giving me doggie kisses, and sat on me for a bit, then moved to my feet, feeling some better now yea! On the mend walked the dog, h is grilling burgers for lunch.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:00 am

hi d nancy!

Return to “Post When You Can”