The Simple Path Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: The Simple Path Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:24 pm

HI!!

It's snowing here. Heavy, wet packing snow. Good thing I don't plan on driving my car anywhere today. Dh and I went to Niagara Falls for breakfast. As he said on the way home as we passed a Mc Donalds with a line up at their drive thru... why would anyone eat there when there are so many cheap choices in this town?

I have dh's load in the washer and it's on the heavy duty cycle which goes for almost 2 hours. Of course he needed some work pants and wants to know when they will be out of the dryer...

I have some pots and pans to get washed.

Dd and her boyfriend are coming out for supper and we are going to a Vietnamese restaurant in Niagara Falls.

Dh is working in the hall. We got 9 mismatched coat hooks to put there. 4 different shades of metal in 2 different sizes. He asked if that would bother my OCD-ness, and I said I deliberately chose them to be all mixed up. We had a hard time finding 9 all the same, so I chose to do it like this. "Gold", brass, silver and brushed silver. I think it's called "brushed" either silver or nickel. If there will be coats and hats and stuff on them, then why not.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:39 pm

I had some very special moments at church this morning. During prayer time Pastor requested prayer for family of baby who died. We provided flowers today in memory of our DGD who passed away as an infant 7 years ago. The baby who passed away was Zoe. Our dgd's name -Zoe. Found out from Pastor who had asked for prayer & it was our organist for her niece's family. I went back in with the flowers and asked her to take them home today. We both hugged & cried.

One of our church women gave me 2 trash bags of material for dd/dsonil's niece. Last year she made 500 skirts for a 3rd world country -not sure which one.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:02 pm

Cathy - I agree with your DH. I can't remember the last time I ate at McD.

((((Dee))))

I am giving myself a facial using Bentonite Clay. I'm always pleased with the results each time I do this.

DS10 stomach seems to have settled down. He had sprite & toast this morning with no problems. I just fixed him lunch. **Hoping** this stomach thing is gone from our house.

I planted a dozen lavender seedlings into paper coffee cups. I don't remember growing lavender from seeds before. I have uncovered all the outdoor plants and now I wait to see if the 27-degree weather last night killed any of them.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:52 pm

snow d cathy - we had bits of it yesterday - Hoping the spring sweeps it out soon.

d dee ((())) prayers for both your families.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:53 pm

some jobs that I thought would take forever didn't take much time at all.
listened to the new mary poppins while I worked.
I think I have time for some paperwork and then hand sewing.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:59 pm

Did my April calandar in my bujo this week, fou d more pages I can cut to use for my day planner. 8-)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:24 pm

yay d nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:29 pm

did anti-procrastination stuff. it didn't take long but had been on my list for a long time. ;) but it is done. 8-)
flip flop laundry
put out Easter. (not all of it but some)
going to look through the newspaper
recycle stuff
and then do some sewing for fun.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:54 pm

It has been a busy day. It is snowing now, it was rain before, and freezing rain overnight last night.

I got off to church (the city one) on time. I had to make a decision since we were in a freezing rain warning. It was fine, just wet. Slushy on side streets but I only had a few short blocks to go on those and then I'm on regular bus routes.

I really enjoyed the service. Last night I was trying to think what I could do to fight this depression and it occurred to me to get to church. This Sunday it was the jazz trio for music and it was perfect. No organ to mess with my brain. The sermon was titled Distraction.

After church someone from the refugee committee grabbed me and talked to me about an upcoming birthday of the little boy. He's turning 11 and his aunt wants us to do something. His cousin suggested an indoor play place which is both expensive and intense. So I started to work on coming up with a better plan. I talked with other members of the committee, consulted with a random 11 year old walking by (our plan of bowling is considered lame by that age group) and have some rough ideas. What the kid would like to do is a computer gaming party. The committee is against that because they view computer games negatively. I'd need to know more about his gaming habits before drawing a conclusion with this kid. There is also the question, "does he have friends to invite to a party?"

I got home, started my lunch in the oven and dinner in the crock pot. It is a multi-step stew but I knew I'd be exhausted this evening.

While rushing to get out the door to the residents' association event, my sister called to invite me to come down. She knows I'm depressed and thought some time in Florida might help. I said no due to my boycott.

Then we had the event. It was well attended and went smoothly. During dh's part of it, I met with a resident who had contacted me with a problem. I can't help him but I thought someone listening to him might help him feel better.

We're home now and dinner smells good. So I'm pleased with the work I put in after church. I still have to put away the rest of the things from the event and then we'll start the rice to go with the stew. I can hear the pot lid vibrating from the boiling so I guess it should be turned down again (I put it on high when I got home to hurry it along.)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:16 pm

A well-received boy's party idea here was mini-golf. Ds family just returned (they were guests) and said it was very nice IF course is dry/not iced. Don't know how far into spring that party may be, Kathryn.

"once upon a time at a McDonalds" ... ..smile. Wish I had all that money back, although in fairness, it was thrifty in some ways and filled some desperation times. First encounter I had with really negative opinion toward McD's was when I was covering the small city for the regional paper and the new transportation planner for big and small city was dead-set against a McD's that wanted to come to small city. He hated the food coming but also foresaw traffic snarls if a drive-thru was allowed in the direction off the highway McD's wanted to locate. It was allowed eventually, and he was pretty sick about it. Then ds stopped the turning of his tires into fast food places of any kind. Clean break - cold turkey. This came about because of his worry over firefighters health at the time he first got responsibility for calisthenics and getting everyone past health goals. If others let him drive, they knew fast food couldn't be lunch. Then HRH's health issues clamped the lid on and I have seldom been back myself.

the dog "helped" with my nap, giving me doggie kisses, and sat on me for a bit

I enjoyed reading that, Nancy.

Sweet story from the morning, Dee.

I like the idea of coathooks meant to be unusually matched, Cathy!

LadyM reminds me I should report my colorist has been visited, as well. Had intended it last evening but baby-sat instead, then dd went to rehearsal so I could have a Simpler Path today, so I took the opportunity. By the worship hour, I was on track and able to walk in with other just arriving, ready for the day.

Return to “Post When You Can”