The Simple Path Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: The Simple Path Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:31 pm

Kathryn - Good for you to seek things that help fight depression. I have to do it too.

"does he have friends to invite to a party?"

invite is one thing....friends who will attend might be a totally different answer. Our local FB group recently had a mom posting a request for someone to please attend her child's birthday party. She had sent out 22 invites but only 1 child accepted. The Mom had already paid for the indoor playground ($$$), birthday cake and decorations. Several in the community brought their children to the party so the birthday child wouldn't be celebrating alone.

I went to the paint store to purchase paint since it was the last day of the sale. I was told the sale ended 5 days ago. I told them the sale flyer said it ended on 31st. They said they had another person come in and say the same thing but their registers don't give the sale price anymore. Unfortunately, someone threw the sale flyer I had away so I don't have it to argue with them. I looked online but don't see it anymore. ANYway, I didn't buy paint today. I'll purchase it from a local store.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:47 pm

Stomping my feet, Lady M! :evil:

Sweet story from the morning, Dee.
It was some very sweet & tender moments.

Dh interrupted my thought process. Called to ask me to cancel his American Express card and order a new one. Somewhere since last night he's lost it. I looked at our statement and nothing has been charged. I'm sure he'll find it now, but if he doesn't it won't matter. The only thing wrong is they have this address & it'll be coming here. But I'll 'securely' somehow mail it up to him. I know I could have called them & explained he's now at a different address, but that could become a bit troublesome since he couldn't tell them I could talk to them. Though now that I think about it I think he's given 'carte blanche' permission for them to talk to me -no, that was his place of employment. Oh well, it'll come & I'll get it sent to him.

Dsonil came in about 45 minutes ago to say he was taking a very quick shower & headed to the hospital (I think in Plant City). The guy who rooms at her house called to say she'd gone in the ambulance & was gasping for breath (she is on oxygen). But the part that had him more worried was that yesterday she had called him twice while he was on his way home from New Port Richey. First was to make sure he was okay. Then she called when he was halfway home & wanted to know if he was okay now. He asked her, "Why?" "Well I was talking to you & you were in the chair holding your head. Then I fell asleep & when I woke up you were gone." He never was there.

Editing: Dsonil just texted that his Mom seems to be okay right now but they're doing some ultra sounds to see if they find anything.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:50 pm

Dd paid for all 4 of us to go out for Vietnamese. Plus she said it was also as payment for the tire switchover. Awww... thanks honey!

Laundry is all clean and dry. I have a mountain of stuff to run through the wrinkle release cycle tomorrow after dh goes to work and gets out of my hall way.

Now that the snow is melting, we have a severe water problem in the back yard right at the back, so we aren't concerned about the house. I was going to run the dishwasher tonight, but I'm not sure. I might wait until when we go to bed. Not that that will help much.

No idea what we will have tomorrow night. As Lucylee's signature says... "Tomorrow is another day."
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:05 pm

Decided to run the dishwasher tonight AND to put away some clean clothes. Stuff that came out of the dryer earlier today is put away.

I have the small mountain of clean laundry to get away tomorrow. It all has to go through a wrinkle release cycle first though. Plus Roomba gets back to work tomorrow. If there is any dust in the hall, it has settled now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:31 pm

good night all.
dh did the few dishes, dd older left for the week,
took care of anti-procrastination stuff
did some paper recycling etc.nothing exciting but I did it.
done
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:17 pm

Harriet: Hahahahahahahahahaha! Nope, nothing outdoor like picnic or mini golf until the end of May here. The frost is in the ground for that long so walking on it compresses the soil and damages the grass. We do have an indoor mini-golf, though, so I'll add that to the list because it is a good idea.

Dinner went well. I've wasted the evening, though.

I'll try and do a couple of mini chores and spend time with PUPA so I'm starting the day/week/month fresh tomorrow.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:51 pm

I have spiffed up the kitchen after dinner. Lovely weather today, might be cooler and rainy this week here. I have the coffee ready for tomorrow.I boiled they eggs they are cooling.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:03 am

My post will be boring to everyone else — we’re just recovering from a long day yesterday — got home around 2:00 am
— and sitting here in amazement that our basketball team is going to the Final Four! This is not only the first time for our school — it is the first time for ANY college in our state! Right — that Other School has never done this well either. In case y’all missed it, we beat Kentucky by 6 points in overtime today.

No, Dh and I are not packing for a trip to Minnesota, but we sure are excited to see what happens next Saturday... and MAYBE we’ll still be in it Monday! We’re underdogs, but I wouldn’t advise anyone to bet against us. ;)

OTOH ... dgs and I went to church this morning (he slept through it, after having a meltdown because I forgot his Bible and notebook.) Fifth Sunday so we had bluegrass music and a guest speaker, and thank goodness — a combined service, 11:00 am, rather than 9:00 am.
Dgs ate lunch with us and stayed till the game was over, then I went to Wmart and got most of the other Sunday chores out of the way.

Hope y’all have a great night and a good start to April!
Tomorrow is another day.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 am

Congrats on the win today, lucylee. It was an exciting game! Best of luck in the Final Four.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:20 am

Thank you, RunKitty! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”