New Day, New Week, New Month New Quarter Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: New Day, New Week, New Month New Quarter Monday

Postby Sunny » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Quick post to say hello. Woke this morning to a bit of fog and now overcast skies; another cold front going through. It is supposed to rain soon.

We were wanting to go grocery shopping this morning, but will probably postpone until later in the day or tomorrow. These next two weeks will be very busy. I heard from real estate friend Friday evening. The closing is set for Thursday, April 4 at 3 p.m. We are excited and at the same time anxious. We will have up to 45 days after Thursday to actually move out (not having to pay rent for that time); no actual date set so far.

Lady M, I have kept a diary, of sorts, on this whole moving process in my planner in the form of daily notes on the daily pages. It will be interesting to read it all later.

Dson#3-T isexpected here some time this evening. It will be so good to see him again! There are a lot of things we need to do that he will be able to help with. ***Ds just called a few minutes ago to tell us he will be coming tomorrow instead of today. He had a camp out with his scout troop this weekend and needs to rest up today, so will be leaving tomorrow morning early. Oh well, gives me an extra day to do some extra cleaning.

April Fools Day...Our dfamily has played many tricks on each other through the years, nothing ever was mean. The one I remember most was when our ds#3-T was in middle school. He was just ready to leave for school one morning when his dgrandma told him that his socks were untied. Yes, she got him! He did look down at his feet to check. :lol:

I was sorry to read that Norma is still trying to get well. Nice that RRose and dh helped them pack and they are home again. Maybe the change in location will help speed recovery. Waiting for the exciting news of new dgrbaby, Rose.

Time now for lunch, then switch laundry from washer to dryer and mop floors. Weather map shows rain this afternoon and tomorrow morning. Grocery trip will probably be tomorrow afternoon.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:51 pm

I am slowly getting back on the mend. My back was out, bladder issues have been helped with hydration and cranberry juice, had to rest yesterday. I finished up the deviled eggs, got the trash dumped before trash day, vacuumed the living room, dusted the corners and edges, ran a load of dishes, swept the traffic areas this morning. Got dust bunnies from under the kitchen & dining room appliances etc. Called to get my Rx refill going to pick up on errand day. Taking a break now. Did my monthly review.
Next up peel cuke and slice for snacks done & unload and put away dishes done. Trying to attempt to stay on track with home blessing. So far so good.
Waving to all.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:54 pm

Ramblin' (and sweetie), Norma and Mr. Guy were blessed to have you helping them, I'm sure. Sounds like the bat got the best deal he could after having entered the wrong place. All best wishes for a happy birthing in your family.

Norma, I hate to hear that while you are recovering from one thing you have to deal with another!!! :roll: I am stomping my foot - no fair! Healing thoughts headed after you to NV.

Dee, that is such a discouraging situation for Mr. DeeClutter's older brother. I hope things work out for the sale if it is what he and his dd want, and that he weathers this big move to a whole new venue without difficulties.

Sunny, that sounds like a calm timetable.

Glad you feel better, Nancy.

HRH went for his blood work without me this morning. He felt he had to hurry and also felt I needed to stay here, because his traveling friend and wife were coming by again on their way back, even before he could return from dr. He rushed home only to find they'd just left a fb message saying they won't come until tomorrow. I rest my case. Just not thoughtful. He's not a happy camper, so I don't have to say a word. :| He had put off a grocery trip so that he could pick out things for himself (dd and I never seem to come back with exactly what he would have chosen, lol).

Too bad, 'cause tomorrow I'll be gone all morning anyway - I'll be at the study, long planned. Co-teacher has the biggest part tomorrow. For my part, I will be taking questions on the subject being covered in the evening weekly study at church. During that I keep my mouth shut, but I can certainly see the reason there are questions and pretty much anticipate them. I'll tell it like it is if I am directly asked, of course. Some came to me yesterday to tell me they've done a complete rearrange of schedule in order to attend. If the questions are coming, they're coming. I won't fish for them but I won't flinch either. I've told our group before that we meet close to the side door, and it will be convenient to toss me out anytime.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:10 pm

I am not doing anything so far today, although I have done a lot of a.m. routine. So nice to have such a quiet day here at home. I might nap. Although I slept pretty well last night (except for waking up once with a stuffy nose and cough) and dMuffin got me up before I wanted to, I slept horribly the night before. Dh and I had argued, the house was hot and I was sweaty, I don't know what else, but I slept terribly. I was tired yesterday and drank coffee yesterday afternoon and again on the way home, but still slept at 10 p.m. I had hoped that by not setting the alarm, dMuffin would let me sleep in.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:16 pm

Cheering on Lucylee's team yesterday too. KY has always been such an SEC powerhouse in basketball I was rooting for AU. THere are mixed feelings in these parts about their coach, but I like him. DD went to a Hanukkah party at his house once when he was still at UT and had no idea who the guy with the big house was.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:37 pm

Homeschool Day #148 is done. Both of us are pleased with how smoothly it went.

LucyLee - HOORAH!!! I'm so glad your team and state are in the final four.

Cathy - Thanks for posting your menu (meatloaf). It inspired me to pull out a couple of lbs of meat to make meatloaf here.

Sunny - you will be in my thoughts on Thursday. Eeek! I'm so excited for you and family as you team up to get this huge project accomplished.

((((Norma))) Take care. I'm glad RR and Sweetie were there to help. Life is easier with good friends.

RR - I'm excited for the birth of your new granddaughter! It looks like we are both traveling to Dallas this week for Grandchildren activities. Our trip will be a fast one - we drive there on Saturday and will meet up with DSon and family, then we will all watch DGS12 compete Sunday morning, then everyone will drive back home Sunday evening. DD has mentioned she might be going too.

Lunch is a fresh green salad. Three ingredients in the salad were raised by me. (lettuce, microgreens, tomatoes)

It looks like all the plants survived the overnight freezing temperatures. Two of the plants (tomato & basil) had some wilted leaves but I don't think it killed the plants. I'll watch them for a few days and see if they continue to recover.

I bought my first soldering iron and it arrived today. I am clueless about how to use it safely so I'll need to read the directions. The soldering iron was the recommended way to make smooth holes in the plastic items I am modifying for use with plants and microgreens. I know I'll have to use it outdoors to make sure I don't breathe the fumes. I love learning new skills!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Taking a break. Laundry is going, floors have been steam mopped, under kitchen sink has been cleaned and stuff tossed. Soap dispensers have been refilled, kitchen has been cleaned, counters and such cleaned and polished. Dusting done. Dinner in crockpot and getting ready to vacuum.

Dee, Valley Fever is a fungal infection that attacks the lungs. Fungal spores live in the desert’s dirt and when it it is disturbed it flys through the air and a person or animal like Willis can inhale it. He has it too and both Norma and Willis are taking the same antifungal meds.

When any construction takes place here in the desert it is required by law that huge water tankers spray the area before and during the work that is being done so the sproes that are released by digging don’t get air born. However the desert here has s a very windy place especially during the sprint and summer. Among other things Valley Fever can make you very tired along with a mild but persistent cough. I have myself checked for it at least Once a year cause you can be sick with it and not know it. Some drs don’t routinely check for it unless you ask, which is what Norma thinks happened to her. However when she ended up in the hospital fortunately they tested her for it.

Usually the result come in forms of what is called “Tigers marks”. They are rated from milf to sever 1-4. Willis’ came back as a 1 and will be on meds for 3-6 months and will be retested after 3 months. I asked Norma what her marker was, but she didn’t know, so between the double pneumonia and VF I don’t expect she’ll be feelings much like herself for quite some time. Sweetie and I plan on visiting them once that happened. I know she reads the boards most days but figure she’s really too tired to respond.

Btw, we talk abt y’all when we’re together :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:34 pm

Dee, I hope your dd and her charges have had a chance to do some sightseeing and to enjoy the beautiful spring weather we have been enjoying here in the PNW.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:58 pm

My first time using a soldering iron was a success in that I didn't burn the house down or hurt myself. The results were smoother, quicker & easier than using a knife. There is a learning curve with using a soldering iron so I can only get better. (hopefully)

I'm enjoying growing & eating microgreens so much that I decided that I'm going to expand what I'm growing and add sunflower and also pea microgreens. Those seeds arrived in the mail today so I am looking forward to getting those microgreen trays started.

I'm going to take a break for an hour and make myself sit here with feet up. I continue to feel better every day but there is still something causing me pain on my left side.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:23 pm

Thanks for all the support for our team! Maybe we can complete this amazing season with two more wins.

I can’t reply to all I want to bc I’m posting on the phone — in the car — while dgd naps, LOL. My dmom’s #1 rule: never awaken a sleeping baby. Dgd fell asleep while we were running errands, and we have to go pick up dgs in about 20 minutes. So I’m just letting her sleep.

So far, I have
— vacuumed the car (WOO HOO!!!)
— run errands w/Dh and dgd
— — post office
— — paid water bill
— — oil change & tires rotated
— — fill up car

Dgrands will be here till around 5:00 pm.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”