New Day, New Week, New Month New Quarter Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: New Day, New Week, New Month New Quarter Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Yes, Run Kitty, they've done lots of sight seeing. Forgot what she said they were doing today. Guess their competition ended yesterday & they fly out tomorrow morning. She said the weather had been great! Know they went up in the Space Needle & to the Boston Red Sox game, Pike's (?) Market. She did say that food has been ultra expensive however & she was on her own for that. Schools pay for everything else for her. Know she won't be back in Tampa tomorrow night till near midnight. She has to leave for work Wednesday morning about 5:30. Hopefully she'll get some sleep Wednesday night as she has a hockey game in Orlando Thursday night. Know she said the Orlando team has clinched a spot in the playoffs. So I may get to go to a game or two with her. Haven't decided if I'll go with her next Sunday though -it's an afternoon game. Starts at 1 I think so she'll miss church.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:38 pm

I love having a freash start. I cleaned out a flower bed and dead headed seed pods. S2s x. Lunch. X. Water plants, x. Taking a rest break now.

/ Editing to add...Took out the compost, got the old wagon around to use out front, bagged up stuff I cleaned out of the front flower bed. Pruned more in the back yard beds and along the back fence. Thirty more min. Make some brogress. 65* outside here today. I will be doing more on the yard for my exercise this month. Lots of damage to remove from winter freezing on roses old canes and some shaping needed, one bush at a time, the old apple tree has new growth coming up. It has warmed up enough to be very plesant and relaxing out.

Got the next flower bed worked on for a while after dinner. Glad it is over half done now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:08 pm

LadyM, for just putting holes into plastic, I'm thinking one could use a hot glue gun without the glue.

We are a bit cloudy today, will be getting Sunny's weather tomorrow, possibly some rain. This front is traveling down through the state.

Feel sorry for Norma. Hope she recovers easier home. Valley fever sounds just awful. Is it in all parts of Arizona?

We made the trip up to see my eye surgeon. I've had a fair amount of pain in my eye, especially bad if I quickly look hard to the left or right. Dr. says that is all from the incision / stitches which won't be removed for weeks. The good news is that this bigger incision often makes an astigmatism worse, but in my case it didn't. My refraction tests were so good he says I'm not perfect but no longer need glasses for distance and I just need to get the #2 cheater glasses for reading. I will see how they do for reading the mid-range which is the computer screen and piano music...

I feel so blessed to have this much sight. I go back to see the optometrist in 3 weeks.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Harmony, I feel very small for fussing so about my BP over in Health and Fitness. I'm also just stressed with the app, I really should have looked at reviews first because this transfer issue is common. It doesn't want to connect to my phone and I've fiddled with it forever. My BP will probably go sky high when I see the stupid thing again tomorrow.

I am going to take my shower finally. Dh is bowling tonight. I think I'm just feeling cr@ppy about my health and weight and all these meds I have to take and my stomach being upset so. I meant to say that on Saturday I got sick with dh driving us home after we saw the new baby. My weight is down a little but I'm hungry all the time.

I did sit outside with dMuffin for awhile. Should do some walking too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:36 pm

just putting holes into plastic, I'm thinking one could use a hot glue gun without the glue.

Harmony - this is a great idea! I think you are brilliant! Thanks!

(((Twins))) Are you sitting with your legs uncrossed? Muscles relaxed? Take several deep breathes and let them out slowly before you take BP reading.

I'm working on a different seed organization setup. The system I was using became too unwieldy. My new system uses....wait for it....... 3x5" cards! :) I love those cards!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi everyone! Still no word from the car ER. Yesterday we had snow and today there was fog. My Monday dance class is starting up again. Reconstruction at the studio is complete. I was supposed to update my W4 forms at payroll, but the submit is not working. May be a username/password issue. We have so many systems and passwords and names, I simply try them all until one works. Or, in this case fails to work, then I hit up the help desk.

The xBFF called to tell me traveling companion (TCF) is having a hard time with the unexpected death of a cousin she is very close to and was planning to visit next month. I called TCF, who had just received some unique items she was taking for him as a gift. They don't know what caused his death.

Like my mom, xBFF thinks my situation makes for a grand time to buy a fancy new car. Why do so many people think I am made of money?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:39 pm

hello thinking of all of you. I had a lovely 4 hours with sweet sil
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:31 pm

Checking in.

Spent time with my planner this morning, wrote a poem, got the sheets changed and washed, started towels in the washer, then headed out for the Lenten parable discussion group at church. They let me join in even though the series is almost over. I enjoyed it a lot.

Got home, folded the sheets and put them away, put the towels in the dryer, dusted except for the office, vacuumed the bedroom wing, washed up the day's dishes and then we headed to the Seaway for fish and chips.

We talked on the way down and ate watching the waves whipped up by the wind. It looked more like an ocean bay than a river with cormorants barely visible between the waves when they surfaced.

We're driving home now. Listening to the ballgame using AtBat because we are too far from the city to get our local AM radio station that carries the game.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Monday
I got to yoga, mtg, a very few groceries, home on the bus.

Found the bottom of a small casserole dish I'd used in microwave might be crased - so microwaved dinner in a pyrex bowl. I'll wash casserole dish again and see if it looks any better. I'll be disappointed if its a toss item as its great for a meal for 1.

pm'd Kathryn re indoor rock climbing for kids. I know there were time constraints, as well as financial I suspect, as well as not knowing if they were the type of kids who would embrace the idea.
Just putting it out there here for the grand parents who might enjoy seeing their grands at that challenge.
(I hate posting on 'yesterday's thread when it is time for a new thread to appear.)

Tuesday - Slept with radio on, so woke early, then dosed on with a quick outing for tmeds and did get my 8hrs + in bed, without having my nose in a book.

Load of washing is on the line. Possibility of an odd shower so I want it in while it is still a sunny day.
I need to attack Kitchen.
There are library books to go back, and consider if there are other grocery items to get with that trip. suppliments I know about. And there was something I put back yesterday
bin day today. green bin too.

Hugs and prayers to all. for healing. organisational inspiration if that's needed. for energy and umpf to get onto the next thing. for families. for leaders at a country level, world wide. (there seems to be a lot of important issues for each's own impasse, world wide, and election talk heating up.) sanity could be a good thing. The list to mention each country affected would be too long.

Harriet - I know of one woman who hardly dared sleep for fear of her husband wandering off in pjs at night when he was in treatment for cancer. I'd thought she blamed the pain killers, but maybe it was the chemo as well.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Lynlee thanks for the idea. I'd use this for kids I actually knew, or bring ds to help but he's too far away now. He does it with smaller kids all the time, both bouldering and top rope. But the idea of this party was to include the (mostly senior) committee members in the party. I can't see how that will work and giving the kid a party he'd want. We did it with the girls a few years ago but that tradition is a house party with dancing and they were happy to teach us to how to dance. The guys didn't come to those parties and I'm not sure if women are to come to Rida's birthday. Emailing his aunt is on my to-do list.

I'm on the treadmill now but need to get off soon. I needed to up my steps to over 5K. Aside from the dusting, I didn't get many steps today. Over 100 minutes in the drive to the Seaway and then no walking there because it was too cold and windy. Earlier I was at the meeting. the only walking around was dusting and tidying. The rest (like vacuuming) doesn't earn steps because this pedometer needs me to go 20 steps before starting to count. That's why I earn nothing the days I'm with dgsM2.

It is the first day of a new fiscal year for dh and I. We didn't talk work at all on the trip. He's still working through year-end but knows how much we made last year (gross, I'm the one who works out net earnings.)

Treadmill over, I went just over a mile. Now I'll try and get some bills paid and emails sent.

Return to “Post When You Can”