Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Tuesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 am

Not feeling inspired this morning.

Post When You Can.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:56 am

I'm up. Woke a few times in the night but didn't get up, just restarted a podcast and went back to sleep immediately. I did get up at 5 because I felt I should pee by then, if only to make sure I got a decent last 90 minutes of sleep. Turns out, I really didn't need to. I have no idea why, since I had downed 2.5 glasses of water after 8:20 at night. My liquid count through the day was a bit lower than usual but not much - 3c of diet soda, 2 of tea, 2 of milk and 7 of water. Dh said he was up once in the night but I didn't feel it.

I've had tea and chocolate and my breakfast. The bed is made, the dish drainer emptied. I still have to get dressed and then get the house blessing finished because dh has a meeting here at 2. My lunch is pub leftovers and dinner is stew leftovers and I have leftover cookies from the event on Sunday for the meeting. So food is planned for the day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:04 am

you may not have felt inspired d kathryn but you were inspired to start us. that is wonderful! thank you for beginning our day. Hope you have a lovely day!

Have a lovely day everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:08 am

I have to leave at 9:30 for a hair cut and hair dye. dh will be surprised bc I plan on getting 2-1/2" cut for spring. :shock: 8-)

today I had planned on paperwork day - I might mix it up today. I didn't finish my home blessing yesterday; so that may be my other focus.

its sunny today even though its cold. What a blessing to have sunshine!

have a great day - going to do my morning routine before heading out. I get so bored sitting at hair place but it has to be done. Maybe I should do my bills there? :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 am

Actually had a pretty good night's sleep. I made myself go back to just 'rest' after 5am & fell asleep. Was up a couple more times for potty break but slept off & on till after 8:30. Feels good.

Have a LOL going. Had to take a couple pieces of dsonil's out of the dryer but I just added them to his (unfolded) pile on top of the counter (that houses all our extra pots/pans/dishes). Know dd will be after him to remove them. He took his duffel bag with him to New Port Richey & I see that's still on the dining room chair. Figure that's 'their' job.

I've eaten breakfast, had my meds, made the bed & put away what few dishes were in the dish drainer. Next up is to do all the dishes. I do have a sink full this morning.

Have to meet dsonil at "adopted" dd's (dd's vgfriend & our "adopted" dd :D ). I'll leave the "bug" there for dd to drive home in the wee hours of the morning. Thinking she's going to have a tough time getting up & off to school in the morning. She usually leaves shortly after 5:30am.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:40 am

I'm also not feeling inspired, Kathryn. I've got all week, month, year to get anything done....

I tried making grain free waffles from the AH cookbook and they were delicious with a sugar free berry syrup, but my waffle maker wasn't happy and I couldn't get them out without tearing them up completely. I gave up. I think my waffle maker may have had an unfortunate run in with blueberries waffles engineered by ds. And I'm getting an aftertaste of the avocado oil, which was the recommended oil, although it did suggest avocado or another neutral oil. Perhaps should have tasted it first....

I'm trying to move on from my breakfast smoothies which aren't holding me until lunch right now. If I go to the steel cut oats, which I can prepare in advance, I need to add some fat according to the AH WOE.

I need to unpeel my bottom from this bar stool. I can't believe how many bowls etc. the waffles took also (separated eggs, beat the whites, mixed dry ingredients and wet separately before combining, measured everything....)

-clean up kitchen
-wash up, brush teeth
-walk the dog
-make the bed
-figure out the day/week

I truly need to figure the rest of this week out so it doesn't slip away from me.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:11 am

I did three things at least made bed, raked up stuff I pruned last nite at dusk. Fielded a call check
j & c.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:33 am

Good morning! I am glad to be back at my Monday dance class, even though it was just me this time. It is a jazz fusion class and the instructor plays all disco. I'm not a huge fan of disco, but it is very danceable. Because the class starts at 630, I can fit a grocery run in before if there are no perishables. I did get lettuce, but had the ice pack for my work lunch with me. Got all the usual daily stuff done, then did some crochet on the camper. My enthusiasm for the project has waned now that my car situation is so uncertain. I cannot get my W4 form to submit and have not heard fro the help desk. I need to fix it or I will get penalties on my 2019 taxes.

Tonight, DD17 wants to go to craft night at church. She says she can do her homework there. Not sure why she wants to go to a craft night if she can't do any crafting, but I like the idea. If she changes her mind, I will work on the financial stuff covering the second kitchen table. Wouldn't hurt to re-clear the other kitchen table too. I got it looking beautiful last week, but it is a constant hot spot.

TwinsMom: What is AH? Around here it is Animal Humane. I don't think you want to follow their WOE!

ETA: Found a workaround the failure to submit and my W4 form is DONE!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:17 pm

LOL, Elizabeth! It's Always Hungry, which I think is actually an unfortunate name but it's for people who are "always hungry;" It makes it sound like you'll always be hungry, I think. Healthy fat, protein and slow carbs (beans, fruit, unprocessed grains.) https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN ... 522463f-20

A.m. routine done except for continuing with laundry. I'm also running the dishwasher, both the cooked berries and garbanzo bean flour left a mess!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:38 pm

Twins, your breakfast meal sounded like quite the project!

I like to keep things simple at breakfast. I much prefer later, brunch maybe if I am cooking something. Sometimes DH cooks on Sunday morning and I eat some just to be polite, but I'd just as soon rather not. Always hungry, that's me too. Once I start eating it's like the dam broke. I try not to eat any earlier than I have to.

I've done a desk day, multiple things needing taken care of there. A bit of work on the checkbook, as a bunch of stuff usually happens in the first week, auto payments taken out, etc. and I often forget to put SS checks in because they come at the very end of the month before. I don't write many personal checks any more. I'm glad I forced myself to learn how to do it online.

Fixed my eye chart of drops to reflect the way Dr. wants me to do it now. By the time I'm done with drops, I'll have done them about 65 days. He doubled the drop times in my left eye because of all the surgeries I had in there and he's being cautious that the retina doesn't begin to swell. It still hurts a bit.

We went through the cabinet drawer which holds all our chargers. I think they've been having babies in there. We put all the ones we no longer use in a box marked chargers and that went in the closet tucked away ... for maybe someday.... and the drawer now has just stuff we use. We only got rid of 1, which had shredded wires. I think we reorganized more than decluttered, but we tried.

Return to “Post When You Can”