Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:54 pm

DS10 is finishing up his last 3 assignments and then we will be done with Homeschool Day #149. Oh wait....we also need to practice piano but we will do that after lunch. He also has a piano lesson this afternoon.

I soak pinto beans overnight and then put them in the instant pot for 30 minutes this morning with some smoked ham. The smell of them cooking is wonderful.

I am continuing the process of organizing my seeds. I ran to the store this morning to get more snack size ziplock baggies that I ran out of. So far, I have used 100 3x5" cards but there is no possibility that I will run out of cards. I could probably be considered a 3x5" card hoarder. I always have plenty on hand.

Yesterday my DMom upset me. It was interesting to observe how my body & emotions responded to the verbal abuse & stress. IMHO, raising grandchildren is easy compared to dealing with my DMom. On the positive side......this is a good reminder to NOT treat my children this way.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:43 pm

I know Kathryn will agree - but it's amazing to me how much a bit of depression just makes almost everything feel so frustrating. Things i would normally take in stride are just flummoxing me almost to tears today. I decided to get a start on the tax return and I'm just frustrated with everything. I can't find DH's W-2 but I know it was here. It was in my stack of papers next to my computer and he didn't like it there because someone might see it. I think I would have filed it but it's not in the file.

And I used to be able to do this and know what I was doing but there are things now that I don't know. I need a pulling the hair out icon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:50 pm

I am back from errands had to fax info. For the farm foir hubby. I did that while I was out for groc. On the way. I could get it done while it was early. Got my Rx too. Glad to be done early not as crowded
Got the flower bed I was working on cleaned out yea for progress. I still need to move the stuff I cleaned out taking a break for now. Planted a few bulbs got a mini hive ready to hang up for bees. I want to show it to hubby first.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Say a prayer for my car. Dino (the estimator) is looking at it now. I would like to keep it for the next 20 years, even if it cannot tow my dream camper.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:I know Kathryn will agree - but it's amazing to me how much a bit of depression just makes almost everything feel so frustrating. Things i would normally take in stride are just flummoxing me almost to tears today.

Yup. I've had more than a few moments like this in the past week.

With tax season and year-end and me being so incapable of doing things I could do just a month ago, I'm getting stressed.

Today I was working on finishing up the house blessing and dh called me over to my computer. He wanted to know how to fill in a government form. We both get the reminder, I always take care of this. Basically it is a $20 tax to keep the corporation active. I get the reminder to fill in the form but it can't be filed until after our financial statements are done at the end of June. So he wanted to know how to fill it in. Well, we can't but he wanted to remove our old address from the record which required some password which I don't remember what it is or where to find it. Plus I was house cleaning, not working on books.

My brain doesn't switch that fast and so then I was upset because not only was dh not allowing me to do my jobs (housecleaning and company admins) but it felt like he didn't think I could do it. Of course, I know he was just trying to take care of something for me and be helpful but it doesn't feel that way and it certainly wasn't helpful.

The house blessing is almost done and the meeting is underway.

I'm in the office because that gets me away from the voices of the meeting and brought in a pile of work but won't get any of it done.

I just got a phone call from a neighbour asking me to come babysit for her so she can go to the hospital to see her father-in-law who is awake at the moment. She's pumping for me (baby is 4 months old) so I'll have something if the baby freaks out which she likely will. But I'm tough and can handle this.

So I'll put together a package for myself in case the baby is good, and head off when she calls again to say she's ready for me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:35 pm

hope all works out with your car d elizabeth.

I would love to give you all a big hug and hello individually.
dh took me for lunch, mostly it is for him bc i don't like the food (like the people), my hair cut looks shorter and spiffy. Glad that is done.

I have to go to keep myself busy. Today, I could easily fall into depression by spacing out on the computer or just piddling bc it has become a grey day.
I keep telling my brain... keep positive. I am cranky. Trying to keep track with a tally system. Every time my attention goes off or I get depressed because my lack of attention, I mark it on paper and give myself a talking to (not always cheerfully), my timer goes on and I have to force myself through it. for me self pity can set in and then depression. Not always workable but I am trying to stay focused today.

bills first.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi!

I was super depressed for most of last week although each day got a bit easier and I was almost fine after I got the suitcase put away yesterday. Then dh says... "Find us a cruise for September because I feel bad that we didn't go away last week."

So... I'm back to looking for cruises. I called the travel agent this morning to ask if they had any Holland America books for stuff for this fall.

Sigh.

Supper tonight is wings at Costco. I will have the sausage and soda deal. Maybe take a few of dh's wings.

I went to the bank to put some cash into 2 different accounts and I didn't have my bank card with me. It was still in the safe at home. (A gun safe is conserved a safe, isn't it?)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:23 pm

DH's W-2 not found. He can print another at his office so I asked him to go ahead and bring it home tonight. I've gotten through the rest of it, I believe.

I am going to read the paper and then ck my blood pressure. After that I need to clean up the kitchen - I have stacks of paper everywhere - and take a last look, hopefully, at the DAR report.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Geez, my BP is even higher today. :cry: I'd be the first to say that doing a tax return isn't fun, but this is crazy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:48 pm

praying your bp goes down to normal. glad they can print the w2 d twins.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”