Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:56 pm

Three hours of babysitting the little doll. Her first time left without parents. She cried a little bit but never more than 2 minutes. She adores dh and he came when she was fussy for me. She had a great time with him and then fell asleep in his arms for over a half hour.

She could not figure out the bottle but was not fussy for it and then I knew her mom was coming so we brought her home and cooked our dinner. She was happy in my arms when mommy arrived.

I expect to have her more in the next few days. Her grandfather is expected to pass soon. I told S that I would be happy to babysit so she can be with her husband as his father dies.

The kid weighs a ton compared to dgd, so I am really sore.!

Time to clean up dinner. Dh is on his calls, then we will watch another episode of TV.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:08 pm

Well! The good news is the kitchen/dining/great room floors are all mopped! The bad news is I owe dsonil a new 2 liter bottle of C oke Zero. I had set it down on the edge of the freezer drawer top to take a couple of things out of the fridge. I somehow hit it and it went flying and fizzed all over the kitchen, cupboards, floors, waste basket (actually blew that over) and all over 3 rubberized mats. Dsonil helped me clean up the mess. At first he was starting to let both dogs in & I yelled to him not to let the puppy in! So he closed her on the porch. Older dog just stayed on the carpet. At least it wasn't super sticky as it might have been if it had real sugar. I'm pooped but the floors sure look nice! :?

Just watched Wheel & Jeopardy and now am headed to bed. I tried to watch a movie before making dinner but kept dozing off so I'll rewatch parts of it when I go to bed. Right index finger is burning as I burned it when I took a steamable bag of veggies out of the microwave. Thought it would go away but hasn't but at least I didn't burn it any worse than I did.

DD had texted a few hours ago that they were on the ground in Dallas. They're supposed to be leaving there in about 45 minutes to head to Tampa. Very sure they'll all be dog tired. (Hmmmm what is that? "Dog tired"? -they're sleeping a whole lot of the time).

Off to get ready for bed. Figure dh will be calling soon.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:35 pm

I finally got the flower bed I have been working on cleaned up, it looks better. I need to put the next batch of branches in the trailer, I got the bee hut up now.

H had dinner. I have not he has to turn in early, I can wait the other meal is not done.
76* today here h. Said.

I spiffed up the kitchen, made hubby's sandwich.
I was pleased to come up with an idea to get the branches out of the trailer easier by putting them on a plastic netting and it fit perfectly! Got one batch loaded. Plus I got in another round of yard clean up while meat loaf was in the oven, one more section of leaves raked aand bagged up, also around the deck. [Supposed to have rain here tomorrow. If the forecast is correct.]
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:56 pm

Got all trash to cans this a.m., so that was off my mind early.

We had snow today - a few hours, and maybe one of those hours with large flakes but mostly small. Nothing "stuck", but it was a novelty. something to remember for the date of it.

One effect was to make HRH's traveling friend decide not to come here at all on his way back through, because he did not believe the weather reports that explained it couldn't possibly stick, it's too warm. He knows only serious snows and couldn't believe there was snow that could simply be ignored, so he got on the highway and took off for home.

So as soon as I returned from the study, HRH was in a mood to go somewhere, having lost two mornings trying to be available for visitors. We had quite a hardware/household oddities list so went out and filled that.

Desk Day is begun, but needs to continue tomorrow.

A catalog order arrived and with dd available, I tried everything on for her additional opinion. 2 items go back and 4 are kept, which is a good ratio, and the return will be worthwhile, I believe.

Let the hens go on a scratch-about this evening. Ideal return to home without worrying me, just enough light to hop onto roosts, bedtime. Wish it was always this easy to give them some time to be themselves. HRH is so frantic they will surely be killed, and of course it's only an unreasonable worry until it happens. I do see his point.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:25 pm

There's a chance of snow here this week but like Harriet's nothing will stick. Not as much of a novelty, we whine about it at this time of year but don't really make a fuss until it is after Mother's Day. That not unusual and certainly frost is possible right into June in a bad year but May 24 in a 'normal' year.

Kitchen is cleaned up and I did the weekly kitchen chores (well, most of them) as well. I did the mopping when I did the vacuuming. The last part of my weekly house blessing is to properly dust the office. That was on my list for this afternoon.

I did get the monthly meal-plan done while the baby was napping in dh's arms and this month he had input into the choices.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:19 pm

I've started the request for the motion from the the church board to shut the bank account. That was a surprise, I hadn't realized the committee couldn't do it itself. So I had to figure out which board, word the motion and now I'm trying to convince them to do it by email since they don't meet until the middle of May.

I also paid a bill.

Now I will head to bed. Tomorrow I need to be very productive until I'm called upon to babysit (I made it clear I was available.) Thursday afternoon I'm with my own grandchildren. Part of the reason I'm so available to this young family in my building is that S's parents are in Iran. It is her husband's father who is dying so that ties up her only family here and she doesn't have a lot of girlfriends here. Her sil just had a baby so it might end up that for things like visitation they won't need a sitter because it will be a family time. But in the meantime, we can be there for her when we can.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:55 pm

Got a lot done today, considering. Laundry room is swept and mopped. Both bedrooms vacuumed and mopped. Clean sheets on beds. Couple LOL folded and put away. Didn't attempt to hang anything up this time, the dryer sure is easier. Kitchen all cleaned up too.

Whew. That's more than I've gotten done in weeks. And this is the first time I can remember in all that time that I thought about what I wanted to do tomorrow. I'd quit thinking like that.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 pm

WTG to dgs12, LadyM! (But I agree with you -- that kind of schedule certainly makes MY head spin!)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”