Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:48 pm

Car repairs will be $6467.63. There is no frame straightening, so it is not automatically totaled. I think that is less than the value of the car, it depends on what source you use. As a trade in, it would be much less, but as a private sale it would be more. For reference on the severity: my x paid $6000 to get a new engine. The damage is confined to the cooling system and body, no transmission involvement.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:48 pm

((d cathy)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:49 pm

what about the persons insurance that hit you d elizabeth. oh my gosh that's a lot of money!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:51 pm

I worked 1-1/2 hours on bills
and checking account.

I am not sure but I am going to ask the city of I can pay my bill early.
frustrated with a t t as they say I owe nothing again but come the 20th of the month they will say I owe money due the 24th. frustrating. I would love to pay the beginning of the month for everything.

I need to pay for my meds on Thursday
and my cc on Thursday as well.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:51 pm

(((Elizabeth))) Boy... that is an expensive repair. I was wondering how much insurance would pay on it also.

(((Twins)))

Cathy, I hope you have smooth travels this fall!

I would love to give you all a big hug and hello individually.

Ditto that, blessed!

Kathryn -- I can sooo relate to a d?h wanting me to switch gears and not realizing I am involved in something. :roll: Maybe time with an infant will be a nice change of pace -- at any rate, it is very good of you to do the babysitting for your neighbor.

I am WAVING WAVING WAVING to all of you, but trying not to get sidetracked...

I didn't make it to s2s FIRST thing this morning, b/c FIRST thing was 7:00 a.m. when dgd awoke... and dh was still sleeping... and then ds arrived shortly after dh awoke, and he sat and talked about baseball FOREVER w/dh (I should have just gone right away and s2s THEN, but I was afraid ds would think I was hinting for him to leave)... and when it was all said and done, he and dgd didn't leave here till around 2:00 p.m.! But I got my shower before then, b/c ds left and returned once before he took dgd home. * whew *
I am sooo tired...
BUT -- I am trying hard to have something to report when I sit down at the computer, so I am happy to say that after they left,
* I finished my makeup,
*did Bible reading, and then
*s/s all the bathrooms, including the mirrors,
*AND I washed the storm doors at the front and back of the house.

AND... I am even HAPPIER to say that dh has suggested we go out to eat and see a movie. :shock: :o :D It has been several weeks since we went to a movie and dh is always reluctant to eat out when we are not out of town, but I am sooo glad he suggested this. DGD may be back tomorrow night and we may be keeping her most of Thurs & Fri -- ddil may be working. (Lots of MAY BE's in that sentence, right? That's how our life is around here.) DS is going to be out of town from Thursday-Wed of next week, and so we know we will have dgd Sunday night/Monday and Tuesday night/Wednesday of next week, but this week is still up in the air, I think.

I never got started with the laundry today -- for all the reasons listed above. Better luck tomorrow, I guess.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:30 pm

DH interrupted.... story of my life around here. Gets so frustrating.

I wondered if anybody here asked themselves why Harmony is logged in so long all the time...it is because I get started and then get interrupted...over and over... and finally get back..

Oh wait while I run out the driveway to give DH his wallet - he called from store, had forgotten it... :?
He's singing the Wiz zard of O z song, ♪♪If I only had a brain♪♪

And now I've forgotten everything I wanted to say.

Well anyway, as I was reading through it seemed that so many of us are struggling (coping??) with a bunch of hard things right now. I guess that's normal for life.

I can see so much better. The contrast of light and dark is amazing. The bad side of this is I am seeing dirt in a whole different "light". My laundry room. My goodness. I pushed my end table out from the wall and enough dust bunnies for a herd. Was the Easter Bunny here? Around DH's bed, wow. I wiped down a few spaces, backs of furniture, up the wall, dusted one bedroom.

Washed 2 sets of sheets. 1 clean set on so far. Light switches and door frames wiped down. Oh my goodness. This place looks ok on the surface, just put sunglasses on before you look around! 8-)

A friend from up north is down to their local house for a few weeks. She called, they're coming Thursday with pizza. Not diet food but Oh well, one day I won't have to think about food. I'll see if I can get a salad together.

Elizabeth, I wondered too if the person at fault's insurance should be paying for your car damage? As long as the amount is below the value of the car they have to fix it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:41 pm

I wish i could stop and read each post... sending you all love!

getting frustrated because I am thinking but not acting.
my bills are done
I could have sworn I had Easter cards but I guess I didn't.
I was set to write cards... have to let that one go.

I can choose to spin my wheels - I need to adjust my attitude.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:50 pm

I was so discouraged I just laid down and napped a bit, then tried BP again. It was closer to yesterday but still high. The readings transferred to my phone easily today. Now I need to get busy, though. Dh called earlier and said that a coworker of his - small office - broke his hip and was having surgery today. Dh was planning to go by after work to say hello to him. Instead of cooking I'm suggesting that we go to local nearby restaurant.

I'm setting my timer to work to BOTH, unless I feel finished before.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:10 pm

I have spent a very enjoyable few hours outside playing with the plants. My creative side is getting a good workout because I am doing so many new-to-me methods. Some I am copying from watching youtube gardeners and some I am inventing myself. Part of the fun is the unknown .....will it work? Will the plants grow? Which method will work best?

DDIL called so DGS12 could share his news. He just found out that he got accepted into his #1 choice of high schools. WOW! How did he get old enough to be in 7th grade? Time flies. ANYway, I wanted to know more about his high school choice so I went looking for information. It isn't the best in the nation but its the best in the area they live in. It ranked higher than every high school in his state & the adjoining states because of educational niche: an accelerated college-preparatory program, There was an application then an interview process in order to qualify to be in the lottery to get into this school. DGS12 has been attending a private charter school for the past several years so hopefully, that has prepared him for this school. DGS12 has his sight set on going to Harvard so there is much to do in order to have even a slim chance of that goal.

My mind spins when I talk to DDIL and she goes over their evening schedule with me. DGS12 does 4 hours 4 nights a week in gymnastics....plus Saturday mornings. DGD8 is taking private piano lessons, voice lessons and equestrian horse riding lessons twice a week. I get exhausted just thinking about all that is involved to sustain that busy schedule.

DS10 is playing outside with friends. A couple of them just came inside to get water then they went back outside. The weather is beautiful.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:26 pm

I have to things to rights and am going to head out with ddog to go around the block now.

-packaged up a return
-fold and put away a load of clothes
-put away papers I had pulled out - 2017 tax file, auto file, stacks of what I had entered already
-filed a few pieces of paper, scanned a few and sent to recycle or shred
-cleared kitchen counters
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”