The Well-Kept Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

The Well-Kept Wednesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:03 am

The "keeping" of our homes has so many parts - giving care, taking charge, protecting, safeguarding, holding to standards.

By midweek, what are the hopes and dreams you are watchfully expecting for your home?

Does Wednesday have an particular significance or is there a calendar reason you need your home to be "caught up" by then?

I think of Wednesday as the morning The Trash Man Cometh, ready or not, for instance, and the recyclable man every other week. Non-negotiable chances to get some help with stuff that should be outahere. So "hump day" has some expectations for me.

And, if there was a plan made over the weekend, now's a time to wonder - are we on our way to well-kept?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: The Well-Kept Wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:27 am

Was up & down first part of evening. Then for whatever reason came out to the office for a 'midnight snack' -I never do that. Was just thinking about going back to bed & saw DD pull in at 12:45. I'm thinking they made good time as they weren't to leave Dallas until 8:45. Went back to bed & when I awoke for a potty break I figured it to be 2/3 o'clock. Wow! Was I surprised -it was 6:00! Must have had at least 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It's now 9:30 & I've been just puttering along. Time to eat & get on with my day.

Kept waiting for dh to call last night but he never did. Have a feeling he fell asleep & then figured it was too late to call.

Time to get to the kitchen & see if there's any left over reminders of my C oke bottle escapade last night. :cry:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:36 am

I am heading out the door for body work this a.m. I have a list other stuff for today, too: post office, mother, groceries and cleaners. Anything else?

I am close to finishing a.m. routine but must go.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:37 am

our homes do have so many parts d harriet!
thank you so much for beginning us so nicely!

hi d dee maybe knowing your sweet dd made it home made your mind at ease!

Hello d twins. enjoy your day!

wishing you both and everyone a lovely day!!!
I love a new day when it is sunny (lol even though cold)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:50 am

today is declutter day after morning routine. my brother is coming to pick up a car in the area. my mom has been really nasty and I am sure he is hearing tons of negatives.

I have to simplify my brain today.

I want to continue the basement process of pulling dd youngers things together so I can have her go through her stuff via FaceTime. today, I had planned on the laundry room and 3 season room declutter bc those areas are having babies. Feeling a bit frustrated but I know if I continue decluttering all week then I will burn out and get nothing else done.

changing my attitude. it is a beautiful day outside... plus I love a new day...

Wednesday is not a hump day for me... weekends, lately have not been adventurous or fun. I need to change that. :D
wishing you the best day!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:11 am

I just can't seem to get myself moving this morning!!! Guess I'll just start listing one simple thing & doing that to see if it leads to yet another. Ambitious I'm not today! And I'm suffering from that "I've got all day syndrome -or in this case 7 1/2 weeks!" I know how fast that will slip away. Somebody push me -oh I know, look at my signature line.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:22 am

I keep thinking of Harmony discovering all the dust she couldn't see before! I'm sorry for the surprise but I'm very happy that her eyes are working so well! And she got a lot done yesterday so I'm happy she's feeling strong enough to do all that work!

I'm awake. Dh let me sleep in so I awoke on my own at 7:30. I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep so this wasn't too much sleep, just the normal amount. I left an audio book playing all night long. I woke up at 1:50 for the bathroom and could hear a soft alarm. It turns out our uninterruptable power supply in the living room was giving a soft/quiet alarm. It had done a soft alarm 2x in the evening but I've never heard those before so thought I was hearing something from another apartment. I did check with dh that it wasn't in the office because I correctly identified it as an UPS alarm but I didn't visually check our UPSs. Time to buy a new one. My eyes are too unclear without my glasses on so it was flashing an error code but I couldn't read it. It could be 07, 01, D7 or D1 or something else entirely!

I've had breakfast and a snack. I got my new watch (which arrived yesterday) set and on my wrist. Immediately, the ache I get from fitness trackers and smart watches started. This is just an analog quartz watch but it is 2x the weight of my old digital watch so maybe that's the issue. Not sure what I'm going to do about this. Dh suggested giving myself time to get used to it. He doesn't have deal with the ache in the arm and the reduced energy because I'm processing an interruption to my body's energy flow.

I still have to s2s so I'm off to do that now. It turned into a sunny day. I haven't heard either the news or the weather so this is a surprise to me.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 am

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:It turned into a sunny day. I haven't heard either the news or the weather so this is a surprise to me.

I'm s2s, bedroom is tidied. Driving rain with a strong wind. So the sunshine was short lived. I was feeling foolish for doing my light therapy when I could have just gone out for a walk. So that foolish feeling is banished now!

Reset my watch so now it is just a minute fast. The setting of this watch is tricky - you set the time
5 - 10 minutes in the future because it takes roughly 5 - 7 minutes for the mechanism to start working again after the hands have been moved. It is a single-hand watch, with 24 hours marked off in 10 minute increments. The idea is to know the time roughly. MF noted my obsession with time and taught me to go without a watch to help me be present in the moment instead of always obsessing with how much time I had until I needed to be somewhere else. I managed a couple of years without a watch (enough that the tan lines went away) but I've slowly slipped back into wearing a watch every day. I was wearing a pretty watch so thought of it as jewelry and this is a unique and pretty watch so a nice compromise between no watch and a watch. There is a brand called Slow that was promoted on one of my podcasts and introduced me to the concept. But I couldn't afford them so settled on this less expensive version:

http://svalbard.watch/images/watches/Sv ... A19_05.jpg

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:20 am

so sweet d kathryn about d harmony.

d kathryn I am so sorry that when you where a watch that it cause you pain. so hard. can you put the watch in your pocket so it still works. Wanting the watch to work with your pain and not doing what you want is so frustrating. dd/i are on the fb page chronic pain info. I have found that our loved ones are trying to make helpful suggestions - hoping to help and fix it. They just don't know what to do to help. People can't begin to understand chronic pain - they try to help and understand but they aren't physically going through it. Speaking to others that do understand can make it better for you emotionally.

thrilled for d harmony!!!

oooo I would love to get your franny in gear. Everyone helps me when I feel like this... Alrighty dear Dee - what is the next right thing to do... you know in your heart... don't over goal. Get that timer and get to ... what? morning routine? bwp? working on that 7-1/2 week project for one hour or half hour... oh my gosh the possibilities (but no over-goal-ing)... now get off your computer... what is the next right thing. Think about how good you will feel... NO ALL OR NOTHING THINKING.... YOU HAVE GOT THIS... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:23 am

my kitchen routine is done, first floor vacuumed, dw on, laundry on, one bathroom swished and swiped, starting on declutter.
waving to you all.

Return to “Post When You Can”