The Well-Kept Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: The Well-Kept Wednesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:36 am

Kathryn, when I've had discomfort of one kind or another at one wrist area, I just switched to the other and went on. Didn't take long to start looking at the other wrist for time.

In the well-kept dept, a couple things so far:

We've taken the car in to service this morning - HRH suspects replacement of water filter is needed, I believe. He decided with dstepson away and he himself running out of steam rather quickly these days, it's a good time to just "call the man". Easy peasy to follow him there today - we made all the lights.

Our own household's Desk Day done this morning, through to mailbox.

Dd got a text just before she left today and called out to me that rehearsal is cancelled this evening. I find it interesting that I've had no info at all myself. Had it not been for her happening to see as she opened the door to leave, would I have found myself waiting alone at the church? Was her message for something else, or in error? Sigh.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:56 am

Good morning! DD17 changed her mind about going to church craft night, too much homework. I was not surprised and used the time to work on the financial stuff on the 2nd kitchen table. I made a lot of progress. I am now worried that some Roth IRA money got mixed up in traditional this year. If I can track that down, I can fix it. Or determine it does not need fixing. In honor of anti-procrastination day, maybe I should finish it.

The reason I am working with my own insurance rather than the other drivers' is that, according to my insurance company, it takes three weeks for police reports from NM to get to them! Officially, no fault has been assigned, so they cover the accident. If I am determined to be not at fault (as I should be), they get reimbursed by the other drivers' insurance. They also reimburse me for my deductible. The only good thing about being hit during rush hour traffic: other drivers are likely to be sober, employed, and insured. Not as certain for 2 am collisions and drunk people often try to drive off.

Back to reporting.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:02 pm

:lol: Thank you for that "push", Blessed. I will 'try' once again to get moving. Laid down & snoozed & I'm 'starting over'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Harriet, good call on the car repair. If it is a faulty water pump, that's a big job. I've helped with that one a few times. Unfortunately, it's usually expensive to have done also.

Elizabeth, sure hope they don't find you at fault and everything works out. Too bad it takes that long to get the report. I may have missed this...but do you have a rental car for the interim?

I don't know how well-kept I am around here, but I am trying. Bunch of cleaning in the kitchen today. I cleaned enough crumbs out of the toaster to make another loaf of bread. Wish they'd make a nice toaster with a pull-out tray in the bottom instead of the flip up covers they put on there. Also wish I could figure out a way to not have so many things on my counters too. That's DH's fault. It's hard for him to reach up in the top cupboards so a lot of stuff sits out. I've been thinking about this forever.

Last LOL outside hanging up. I'm all caught up on laundry.

I need to do something with the bathrooms today. Couple other things on my radar. I don't know what I'll get done though.

Discovered the thick residue from my eye drops glop up my eyes and make focusing hard. If I rinse them out with "tears" and gently wipe the edges I can focus better. That was on my list of instructions of something ok to do. Thank goodness I discovered this, I was thinking my eyes were going wonky again.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:22 pm

1st three done
Front of the house is in dire need of attn back of the hoyse is improving. Desk duty done spiffed up mt office.
Bathroom spiff accomplished.
S2s done.

Next three
Made bed
Dgd is here
Remembered to give dd her to go coffee cup I got for her.

Waving to all! Raining today. So I do not need to water.
Next up
Start laundry
Kit. Duty & work on dining table.
Anti P chore was done last evening the leaves I raked and bagged up ahead of the rain.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:14 pm

i love a good restful snooze! :D good for you D dee!

hi d nancy... waving to you too and say rah rah rah for the work you are doing!

HI d harmony trying is awesome! yay for you!!! still take it easy especially with lifting after your eye surgery... call your doc. about the gloop. see what they have to say. waving to you as well.

hi d elizabeth praying that all the insurance stuff works out!!!

hi d harriet! I am sure the exhaustion is really hard on and for your dh. praying for his health and stamina to come back soon.
glad your dd gave you the message so you didn't have to wait.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:15 pm

still working but had a nice conversation with dh, d brother, d neighbours. (not too much decluttering done but some stuff is gone.)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi!

Tonight's supper will be ricotta and spinach manicotti with a plain tomato sauce. Just realized that we will be having a meat free supper. That's okay once in a while.

Went to knitting this morning. Ran the Roomba before I went. Dishwasher is going now. I also filled car up with gas. Went to the bank. Went grocery shopping. The Indian sauce for chicken was completely sold out. That's okay. I have 2 bottles of both types that I use.

I had 18 pages printed out at the library this morning all in colour. Cost me $7. Now I have all the pages I need copied to start 2 new cross stitch projects. These will be my official working copies, which the designers allow for. This way I can use highlighter on the spots I've stitched and try to not lose my spot on the page.

I just talked to my accountant and I will go to see him at some point next week.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:28 pm

I am definitely lagging behind all those who are keeping Wednesday well. LOL... there is no way to word this correctly -- I first put, "I am definitely lagging behind all you well-kept ladies," and then I LOL because that didn't sound quite appropriate... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But y'all know what I mean. This is the second day I have fallen off the s2s 1st thing wagon. :cry: DH said, "That didn't last long." Well, it lasted 14 days, and just b/c I've missed two days, that doesn't mean I can't get back on the wagon. This is why we give ourselves 28 days, right?
Yesterday it was ds/dgd I could "blame" for my lapse. Today it is just ME. I need to color my hair and I am just putting it off. That is the NEXT RIGHT THING for me to do, (thank you blessed, for that thought) so as soon as I get up from this chair, I will do that. No more THINKING about it, just DO IT. I have come to the self-knowledge that THINKING about things really, REALLY slows me down. If I ever start thinking about something, I had better move to do it ASAP!!!

I am just kinda tired. Will have one or both dgrands at least part of every day until tomorrow through next Tuesday, and then Wed through Saturday. (Including a trip to College Town w/dgs.) So I'm taking advantage of a rare "off" day, I guess.

We saw the movie Unplanned last night. That is probably a very controversial statement, so I'll just leave it there, but we were glad we saw it. "Enjoyed" it is not exactly the word to use. If anyone wants a movie review, maybe you can PM me?

Also truly enjoyed our meal at A pplebee's. Sooo nice to have a good change of pace for ourselves. I think I am going to stay home from church tonight just so I can enjoy the quiet a little longer. DGD may be spending the night, but it may be that ddil brings her over around 11:00 a.m. tomorrow, so I'm hoping for that.

I need to call dmom and do laundry, including changing sheets, but I believe I should do the s2s/hair color first, b/c once I get on the phone with dmom... y'all know how that can be. ;)

EDITING to say --
Oh good grief. Didn't get in the shower fast enough. Now dh wants me to help him vacuum out the garage and attic pool room. Says he can do it all except carrying the vacuum up & down the stairs! :roll: And yes, I can hear Harmony saying, "Welcome to my world..." LOL...
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:03 pm

I got back home almost an hour ago but am just now getting on the computer. I got the perishables put away quickly, then accidently turned computer off and it was slow starting up. I finally turned it off altogether for a few, then restarted it while I read the newspaper. And I've finally worked my way back to here.

The body work was good - he said he worked my shoulders back down to where they should be. I tend to hunch them. Afterward, I dropped off package at post office, then groceries, then cleaners, light lunch at Subway and visited dmom. I really should have gone to the other grocery last but I kept thinking I would go home and unload then, them realized that I might not go back out if I went home.

After all that running around I'm having trouble getting started again. I'm going to set timer for BOTH and get going, I hope.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”