The Well-Kept Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: The Well-Kept Wednesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:34 pm

DS10 woke up with a headache and upset stomach so he is having a sick day. No homeschool, but also no online games and no playing with his friends. He loves playing with his friends so I know for him to give that activity up that he really doesn't feel good. He isn't running a fever so hopefully, he will start feeling better soon.

I spent some time outside playing with the plants but the wind is blowing so hard that it was a PITA to keep things from blowing away. I was able to get 3 seedlings planted in their containers so I did make some progress. DH cut 3" holes in the bottom of 10 more 5-gallon buckets for me so I planted in 3 of those today in my modified RGGS method.

I cooked multiple ingredients and let everyone do a build-your-own meal. The ingredients were brown rice (cooked in the instant pot), ground hamburger meat, sauteed onions & bell peppers, tomatoes & chili peppers. I added Liquid Aminos and Franks hot sauce to my dish. Everyone like being able to use the ingredients they prefer in their dish.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Dgd has left got to chat a bit with dd, then I had the house to myself for a bit before h got home from work. Two misplaced items have been found yippie. :mrgreen:
Got the kit counters spiffed up.
Bathroom daily on main bath done.
Sun is trying to peek out through the clouds now yea.
Did 30 on the stat bike.
Walked the dog around the block got back just before it rained.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Waiting for color to set...

Dh also needed me to move things so he could vacuum behind them... and then he needed me to do the upstairs because he had overdone it for himself...
But at least I can mark that zone off now, and it was part of the 365 Declutter for the week as well! :)

Dmom called while we were out there so I talked to her for about 40 minutes. She and my uncle had been clearing our stuff in ddad’s shop as well — the garage where the Pontiac that now belongs to duncle sits, and where dmom wants to move the Corvette. She never drives it; duncle takes care of it, and she would like it out of the garage that is attached to her house.

I also have a load of clothes in the washer, so my lazy day has been rather productive after all. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:48 pm

hello dear ones.
finished my decluttering for the day - did some cleaning up in laundry room. tossed extras.
Hoping good shelf goes (out on curb) - still in great shape - like new.

again i thought all the stuff in 3 season room was dd youngers - wrong.

did all but one swish and swipe... I know that won't take long.
Laundry - washing hanging laundry holder - washed whites, still need darks and cleaning rags
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:24 pm

Working on Medicaid enrollment reports this afternoon rather than the usual food bank or child support. They run ssssllllooooowwww so I post as I wait. We just had tiny little haildrops for a little while. I called the only number I have for a friend because he has not replied to an email. (I sent it to the address he sent from). Very strange because it was his wife's cell phone with her voice mail greeting and she has been dead for more than a year.

In answer to Harmony's question, yes, I have a rental. It is a rather large van and I am paranoid about its side view mirrors when I back out of my garage.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:28 pm

I careless lost today. Not sure where it went!

Dh suggested lunch at the bagel shop so that ate up 90 minutes. It was sunny when we headed out but threat of cloud. While eating dh saw snowflakes. When we got out it was sunny. We stopped at the grocery store and ended up in cloud for the rest of the walk home. And bent forward pushing into the wind (gust of 45 mph according to my wind gauge.)

Actually the wind is probably responsible for part of the missing afternoon. The windows are rattling, the shuddering of the building is distracting and the howling in the kitchen meant I left there (the windows no longer close properly in there.)

I've spent this afternoon online looking at clothes with pockets. There are some lovely items from Scottevest (I have my eye not only on the vest but a dress, skirt and light sweater.) But the order of what I want, not including the dress, will be almost $300 (which is very close to C$500 by the time I pay the duty and taxes.) I'd have a hard time justifying the prices, but it gets worse, because if something doesn't fit (and I'm an L in the top, XL for waist and an XXL or larger in the hips so picking a size is a crap shoot) I can't return it without losing a fortune to unrefunded duty/taxes plus loss on the currency. Some items are available here but tend to not have the size I might need and are about 4x the US price (for instance, the cardigan is US$40 or C$275 on Amazon.)

These items will have to wait until I'm no longer boycotting the US. Then when I'm down for a trip, they can be shipped to me (they don't have a large retail network) and then I can just send back what doesn't fit and take the rest home under my duty-free allowance. Of course, I may not want them in 5 years. Or I might have found something else here. What I'm looking for is a fishing vest type thing for women.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:30 pm

I am s2s, hair is nicely colored.
Second load of laundry in the washer, first load tumbling before being hung to dry.
Hamburger meat defrosting in the microwave.

Ddil msg to see if it was okay with us for her to work all day tomorrow. * sigh * Yes, I told her. I know they need the money, and she has said she will have to quit her job in August because the fall semester her clinicals will be on Thurs and/or Fri, and her lecture classes will be Mon/Wed. Plus, everyone says the study load becomes heavier in the second semester. OTOH... :roll:
So, I don't know if dgd is spending the night or not tonight, but I suspect she will... and then Friday she will be here all day again, b/c dgs is going on a field trip (bowling) and he told ddil he wants her to go. Again, I know that is as much good for her as it is him. She needs to meet other moms and spend time with people like this.. but whew... I am sooo tired. I just cannot fall asleep at a normal hour anymore, so these early mornings totally wear me out!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:09 pm

K in C I got my fishing vest at a thrift shop. Just a thought. :idea:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:28 pm

I've listened to DGD7 read her book (homework) and signed the note verifying that she read it.

I've prepared dinner for both kids. DGD7 wanted peanut butter/jelly sandwich. DS10 wanted pizza but we settled on a Hot Pocket. DH is eating at church tonight. I'll stay home with DKids since DS10 was sick today.

I'm not sure what I'll have for dinner. I picked some lettuce a couple of hours ago and washed it. It is crisping up and waiting to be eaten in the refrigerator. I'll probably fix myself a huge green salad with sunflower seeds, avocadoes, and chopped chicken.

ARgh!! DGD7 ate a sandwich & glass of milk less than an hour ago. She just asked for something to eat. She must be going through a growth spurt.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:56 pm

good night all!!! have a lovely evening
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”