THURSDAY PIE

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THURSDAY PIE

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:15 am

Throwing back to the idea of PIE (Progress Is Enough) -from last week. That's my aim today -just making progress, bit by bit, little by little. What's that old saying? "Anything's a cinch, inch by inch". Well that's my story & I'm sticking to it.

Hoping your weekend is simply fantastic, LadyM. Happy for dgd7 that she'll be going with you.

DD brought me back an apron from Pike's Place Market in Seattle. It's a bib apron with pockets, tan & a design on the front. Love it! Putting on an apron makes a huge difference in my work attitude for sure!

I slept fair last night. Got in about 8,500 steps yesterday. Feel really good this morning so far & hope to be able to build on that through the day.

Told dsonil last night that we're having leftovers tonight. DD has a hockey game in Orlando tonight so had said to her as I headed to bed last night, "See you Friday night". She leaves at 5:30am & she won't be home till after 11 tonight. Think they're planning on going to Flagler Beach Saturday. I'll stay home and puppy sit. They really like going to a beach side restaurant there - S nack J ack's.

Sun's out right now. Think we're supposed to get rain off & on over the next few days but it doesn't look any too serious. How did your weather end up last night, Lady M?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: THURSDAY PIE

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:19 am

how nice that your sweet dd bought you a new apron - so nice!
yay on your steps and feeling good d dee. So happy you got sunshine even for a few minutes. it will take you through your day!

thank you for starting us out with PIE (kimmy, (she's in her apron) is such an inspiration and I love that she put this together) it hits the spot.
I need to remember each week that progress is enough!

I wish you a wonderful day d dee and I wish all a wonderful day as well.

:D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:30 am

something else that I have been using from kimmy - She used to confuse being a good mom and being a good house manager. She used to think (and at times has to remind herself to use her PIE thinking) that if she couldn't keep up on the house front or dinner etc. that it made her bad mom. They are totally different. She is a great mom who works hard on her home and works hard to accept that progress is enough.

I used to confuse doing home tasks, (my not always consistent home manager skills), as a reflection that I am not able to be like other women, I wasn't being a good mom, and a failure as a person because of the house by not being to do it all. Wow what pressure and unnecessary. I still do this... it only leads to depression and stagnation for me.

Love the PIE thinking. I love being a homemaker, a wife and a mom but perfection is not who I am. So for this week... working on progress is enough with joy. :D

look at me being in deep thought. 8-) ;) :D

today it is rainy - consistent drizzle.
today is also errand day..
even though my heart would like to continue the home process I will stick to my BWP.

wishing you a blessed day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:00 am

todays a new day...Love a new day!!! I have to get started. wishing you all the best!!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:17 am

LadyM: I don't mean to sound snarky but when dgd8 lives in a 100,000 square foot mansion (slight exaggeration) I don't understand why all children will be at the hotel room. Or why you are in a hotel room. With a home that large you could stay in one of the wings (as I recall there was an area complete with a second kitchen) and not ever cross paths with the owners. In fact, that might actually be happening with a whole group of squatters!

I'm up. I've done a couple of things to deal with paperwork including processing 2 days' worth of mail and now will s2s and eat breakfast. I should be at dd's by 11:30 with lunch in hand so I think I'll stop by Subway on the way there. There is also a shop selling some Scottevest products and I want to see them in real life.

It occurs to me that dh is heading to the US next month and I could have something shipped to his hotel to cut costs. I really want the light sweater. It only has 4 pockets doesn't look like it has any and could hold my keys, phone, wallet and sunglasses when I go out wearing a sundress with no pockets. It is super lightweight, not really meant for warmth, just a stylish set of pockets.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:21 am

snarky means a general demeanor of disrespect , sarcasm and biting criticism of others .

We will be staying in a hotel because we will be located in a different state than either one of us lives. All the children might be in our hotel room because we are together for a limited time and they love spending time with us and their cousins. Being around people who are kind and respectful is enjoyable.

for clarification.....I believe their home has four kitchens. And a high tech security system. No one enters or lives in the home without detection.

Homeschool is in progress. I'm waiting for DS10 to finish his English assignments.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:51 am

LadyMaverick wrote:We will be staying in a hotel because we will be located in a different state than either one of us lives.

Thank you. I could (maybe) understand choosing to stay in a hotel for your own privacy but I couldn't figure out why all the children would be at the hotel and not at the house.

I'm s2s now and have had my breakfast.

Measles are now confirmed in this city. For the immediate response, dd will go nowhere with dgdJ0. DgsM2 is allowed to go places because he has his immunization shots. Dd had been hoping to come to Montreal for our day adventure but that's off now. I assume no library time, etc. as well.

Ds's hospital emergency room is one of the places where the infected person was although he wasn't working during the time identified. He's had both his shots (but probably not an adult booster) and the measles themselves (according to our family newsletter, I don't recall that.) I've had the measles plus a rubella shot plus don't fall into the must be vaccinated age range.

If dd intends to keep dgdJ0 out of the public until she can have her shot, it is going to be a very long 9 months. And think of the development she'd miss out on - socialization, stimulation, learning opportunities.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:00 am

Good morning! I learned something today - I didn't know they built houses with four kitchens. The house my dad grew up in had 8 bedrooms and housed three families at one time. One kitchen, very large. It had the biggest pantry I have ever seen - really more of a hallway. Don't know how many square feet. It is not a mansion, but a rambling farmhouse that they added onto every time more people moved in. There have been at least 4 add ons. For a while Grandmother R lived there alone. Most recently, Aunt K lived there, also alone. She died Christmas and I have no idea what will happen to the Big House (or the other two she ended up with in a chain of inheritances). I did learn that, unlike after another death decades ago, Aunt K was the sole owner and there will be no complications.

I cannot track down my friend, so I don't know if he wants to join us tomorrow. Other friend is sick and may not come. It may be just me and DD17, but since she is the one who really wanted to go, that is ok.

In honor of anti-procrastination yesterday, I put in an hour of work on the accounts spread on the second kitchen table. Much to my relief, I found that my Roth accounts had been rolled over into another Roth account. No action required. There is one account that I am not sure what became of it. It is not large, but I would like to know if I moved the money elsewhere (likely) or I still own it (unlikely). I will continue the detective work.

Forgot to put the trash out last night. Not a good thing when you have cats.

LadyMaverick: Have the kids bring sleeping bags. It will add to their fun.

ETA: Vet just called, Briggs meds are in. So add another chore to the list: pick them up.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:20 am

Was up super early. I think I had DH's appointment in my thoughts, needed to get up to make sure he'd taken his 4 pre-procedure antibiotics. I could have slept longer, he did remember!

And in the path of progress around here I got 1 bathroom deep cleaned. 2 more to go. I never did get to them the other day when I wanted. Dusted the dining room too.

Desk chores and dailies done. I answered a letter and sent an Easter card.

I'm off to finish the bathrooms and S2S, then I have a salad to make for later. I should be out of steam by then.

We wouldn't be having these diseases pop up if everybody would get their vaccinations. No one has ever proved their link to autism. Kathryn, are refugees required to have all their shots before they come into the country? Do they have to pass some sort of physical? I remember having to get drs. records before I could enroll my girls in school.

LadyM, how many bathrooms does that house have? I just keep thinking about all the cleaning.... :lol:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:51 am

Homeschool is paused while DS10 goes volunteers at Church Clothes Closet with DH. I consider volunteering and doing for others an importing life skill for DS10 to learn.

how many bathrooms does that house have?

I honestly don't know....thinking....I remember being in 7 bathrooms.

Statement of fact......I am proud of DSon achievements. I try not to say much here because I don't want it to be considered bragging but I do know it bubbles out sometimes. DSon was raised living in a trailer house much of his childhood. He attended a rural school with less than 20 classmates. We didn't have the money for him to attend college so we went to the bank and borrowed money so he could attend college. He worked while going to college...and not easy jobs. He washed dishes at a restaurant, he hauled hay in summertime, he mowed yards, etc. If you look back on my and DH family trees you will see that DSon is the very first person in either of our family to graduate from college. The life he was raised in is entirely different than the life he leads now. He started working for his current employer at the bottom and over the past 2 decades has worked his way up to a top position. That is a huge accomplishment to make that transition from struggling to successfully. But to me the most awesome thing DSon has done is to maintain his marriage through all the transitions. DSon and DDIL put a lot of effort in their marriage and I admire that greatly. Their lives are incredibly busy but they talk or text each other about 50 times a day. (not an exaggeration) Of all the things that DSon has done I am proudest of his commitment to his marriage and being a great dad to his children. IMHO, the rest is just window dressing. I will do my best to not mention DSon lifestyle here so I don't offend others.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”