THURSDAY PIE

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: THURSDAY PIE

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:34 pm

I don't think it is bragging at all d lady!Not at all!!! its great that he has a lovely home! wonderful for him that he is happy!!! There are many large homes near us. Lovely lovely people. dh cousin has an amazing house. I was in the north shore today and those are stunning and I love every minute.
My d mom has friends with huge homes - amazing homes - I am a lover of architecture, design, art and music so for me it is triply fun. some (few) are snarky and snobby (just like anywhere) but most are philanthropic and family people and good individuals.

Exciting that you will be spending time together with family! so fun!

hi everyone.

I just got home from a day of fun and then errands.
I had a lovely walk along the lakefront, saw friends and even got a sandwich at my favourite little spot. Drove along the lake and just had a lovely time. Glad errands are done.

waving to all. time for diner and take care of a tax email. have a great evening if I can't get back.. waving.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:41 pm

my brother call up with the name Minnie HaHa and that what we called her for the entire trip. She loved it!
this made me smile d twins.

My neighbour used to call my grandma - grandma ham. always made me giggle
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Got the branches branches picked up, they need to be put in the trailer.
Dd was here for lunch and we had a good visit.
Then after she left I walked the dog before the rain started.
Changed the laundry over and started more.
H is on his way home.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:26 pm

I have said goodbye to my car and retrieved the few items remaining: umbrella, tire gauge, jumper cables, and a few odds and ends. Have to remind myself that cars do not sit at the junkyard wondering why their families have abandoned them and if they are coming back. And no matter how bad the crumpled metal appears, it cannot hurt them. The settlement is more than what I owe. That plus the money from my parents would cover half of one of the cheaper models I saw online. I could actually pay cash for a cheap car, but don't know if I should. Gotta keep something for emergencies. Of course, this may count as an emergency.

One less chore tonight: don't need to pack lunch, going with coworkers.

For the crowded hotel room: kids love sleeping bags.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:27 pm

(((Elizabeth)))) Lots of decisions for you to make. How long does the insurance company provide you with the rental vehicle?

I attended a luncheon for retirees of the place I worked for 35 years. It was an enjoyable time seeing and visiting with some of the people that used to be such a big part of my life. We stay in contact through FB but it was fun to talk eye-to-eye.

We did homeschool for a couple of hours after getting back home. Being able to fit homeschool in/around other activities is a plus.

DMom showed up at my house unannounced. She came in and visited for a while.

I picked up DGD7 from school and listened to her tell about her day at school. She has begun to rate her day by percentages. Today was 99% good. The 1% bad was her shoe coming off while walking back from the gym. One of the lunch ladies helped DGD7 get her shoelaces out of a knot and back onto her foot so DGD7 only deducted a 1% for that. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:59 pm

LadyM: What makes your son special is he can command a high salary in a place with lower housing costs. His home in my neighbourhood would by a semi-detached three bedroom home with one kitchen and three bathrooms. And a single garage. I remember comparing his home to the places in my neighbourhood when you posted the real-estate listing.

Elizabeth: I'm not intending to buy a car for 6 months and really want to take this one on one last road trip before trading it in. It won't lower the value of my trade-in since the difference between 100K miles and 107K miles in value is not worth thinking about. But, especially if we have to compromise on something like space and reclining rear seat, I'd rather do the trip in the larger car. Which raises the question, why trade in at all? My car is missing safety features such as lane assist and adaptive cruise control, both of which would have been useful on our Monday drive. But I'm in no rush but I know if I have to make a quick decision, which model to start with since I can't replace my Prius V with another Prius V. There's still more shopping to be done but I'd rather do it without pressure so that when I finally do buy something, I know I got what I needed.

I hope the rental will last long enough for you to be able to make an informed decision, weighing the pros and cons. You wanted to tow something so maybe it is time for you to look at a used Suburu. They have good enough towing capacity in some of their smaller vehicles that offer great gas mileage. And they hold their value well. The only problem is they last so well, it is hard to get a late model used one, most people only sell after 10 years.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:07 pm

On the treadmill for a bit. Dh cooked so I'll clean up the kitchen. I need to come up with a plan for tomorrow with dgsM2. I'm hoping to cook something with him. I have some sub-par apples that could be chopped up to be used in muffins. I'd like to give him a bit of experience mixing ingredients that go together to make up a recipe. Sort-of, do we use maple syrup or sugar? Will we flavour with cheese or with cinnamon/nutmeg? Or even divide the basic dough and make up one savoury and one sweet so he can taste the difference added ingredients can make in a recipe.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:45 pm

I am surprised that Elizabeth's car being called "totaled" is a bad thing. I thought one of the worst things that could happen was to have a car that was close to that, without anyone saying it had crossed that line? Thereby being a whole lot of repair and not enough reimbursement? Shows how much I know, probably. I know that sometimes if a car is having to have repairs, insurers will provide a rental car longer, so that factors in as positive for someone who has to get repairs. I guess every situation is unique.

Elizabeth, no, you are not the only person who anthropomorphizes vehicles.

Btw, Harmony, we got a call that the mechanic has determined that our car's problem is with the water pump. :) I asked HRH if he felt vindicated that the mechanic made the same call he did. He was offended by my lack of faith! He says well OF COURSE he was right - there was never any doubt he was right. :lol:

I had my appointment with my doctor this morning. No changes. Talked quite a while because she is really quite personable. I said no to a mammogram and she said fine, that she hadn't had one for several years either.

Dd is having an important themed multi-artist show opening and reception today and was up until 11 last evening with emails being sent back and forth. One out of 10 of the artists had ignored the deadline for the installation. This caused problems, because these works are physically large, taking up an extra space the gallery had to reserve, and require muscle to hang, plus there are just so many of them. The gallery was asked to keep the installation time open through this morning to accommodate.

Problem is, dd and all the attendants came in sweatshirts and jeans for three days to work. But today they will all to arrive in dressy black reception attire and the ladders and hammers are put away. Dd herself will be in high heels until 8:30 this evening when the reception is over. She kept asking us to listen to her emails to make sure she was firm but not mean. That artist's works will have to take the least prominence.

I'm pleased to hear Kathryn's dsonil has a new skill under his belt.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:35 pm

Stopping to check my SHE cards. I have one card that I didn't get to but it will probably be better to be done tomorrow anyway. There are 3 cards due tomorrow. The overdue cards are patiently waiting for their turn.

I made a meat & vegetable stir fry for dinner. It was so good. We finished up the Chocolate Chip cookies from last night.

We had 2 neighborhood kids playing in/out/in/out/in/out the house tonight. The nice clean glass on the storm door that I cleaned and admired this morning is now covered in fingerprints. Such is life.

Wondering how Sunny's home closing went today? Thinking of her and DH.

Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:33 am

CI:
— Bed is all put back together — everything is fresh and clean from the dust ruffle up!
— DH suggested Subway for supper and ddil took dgrands home immediately after we ate
— I got a nap

On the not so super-fantastic news, found out ds is staying out another day, so Nana-duty continues through next Thurs with dgd, and dgs will spend the weekend with us at College Town.

Soooo... we’re hanging in here, LOL. Tomorrow and Monday will be relatively short days, and Tuesday is child-free.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”