Conga Friday - do you hear the music - PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Conga Friday - do you hear the music - PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:59 am

love front porches!!! yay on 7k steps d twins!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:04 pm

wrote my dd's and asked them to give me a good kick in the bahookey as I went down the computer rabbit hole ;)
my morning routine for the kitchen is done - including vacuuming and rinsing the kitchen floor.
laundry put away and others flipped into the dryer.
put my clean laundry holder - a cloth separator - back on it's frame.

now for the rest of the morning routine. part of me wants to go yuck on doing bathrooms but it's not a bad job anymore. dh even swished his toilet - he doesn't swipe but I can do that daily. I missed yesterday.
why I make this, few minute job, such a big issue.

time is a waisting - if I don't do it now the job will still be there tomorrow and then next.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Good morning everyone! I will be listening to heavy metal with some punk thrown in.

DD17 needed to go to the library last night, then went straight to homework with it. She ate cereal at her computer. I did gas mileage calculations in Excel. If I get something that can tow more, gas mileage will be less, need to know if I can afford it. I have to get a form notarized for the auto ins co, but my bank is in TX! Then I realized my mortgage is with a national bank with branches here. Appointment made online for 230. Lunch will be with coworkers - sandwiches in the conference room.

In answer to LadyMaverick's question, I have the rental until 4/11. I will probably need it for the next weekend, so will try to get something smaller and cheaper for a few days. That will allow me two weekends to get this dealt with rather than one. I have taken Kathryn's suggestion and added Subaru to my possibilities. I don't care if a car is 10+ years old, that makes it more affordable!

Other things to do today: find out if friend is coming to show tonight, get and send fedex envelope.

Tonight, DD17 and I are going to a fractal show at 8 pm. I will stop by the house and start a badly needed LOL. Sometime, I need to talk to the cat coordinator about blood in the catbox. It may be Briggs, who has been yowling a lot lately. He is also due for a dental cleaning, but I am not sure it is a good idea to do that if he is bleeding internally! Gotta figure out who my sick kitty is.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:34 pm

I had my conga yesterday. Today I cleaned up from last night. There was a spill so a lot of tea towels to wash and the placemats, a whole load of stuff and I just hung that all up outside. I did all the dishes. We just had pizza our friend brought and the salad I made and of course our beverages, silverware, etc. so even with paper plates there was a lot. Rinsed and smashed all the cans. I had made a pitcher of lemonade but nobody but me drank it.

We were up later than usual because my friend got chatty... DH said we talked about every subject there was to talk about. :lol:

Blessed, I have a couple windows to clean also. I'm picturing you dancing around your house in tap shoes, dustrag in hand!

I've talked with Sunny and she did have her closing yesterday. She has much to do and her DSon is there... so I hope she'll get by to fill us all in. I'm starting to feel things about her moving so far away. :(

Dee, I have a similar apron! Sunny gave it to me after their trip up there to see their son when he was stationed there. Mine is orange.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi!

We are going out for hamburgers tonight. Most likely in Niagara Falls at the place we went to a while ago that dh really enjoyed.

I have to go to the bank and pay some bills.

This morning I played hide and seek. I found my birth certificate and Social Insurance card. I also found dh's. Now I will put them with our passports. I'm still looking for one person's phone number. Also looking for a pair of white handled scissors. I found my charm bracelet and numerous loose charms. Dd mentioned that her bf is putting her charm bracelet together. We both have numerous silver charms from Cuba. Happy she is putting hers together.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Mine is orange.
Mine is tan, Harmony & I love it! I really am an "apron girl". Going to take it off for now so I can go for a stroll. I'm trying to focus on getting my steps and glasses of water in -figure other things will fall into place if I simply only do those two things.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:37 pm

d harmony - you bet ya - I am dancing and tapping my way to one area of clean windows. :D :D :D :D

hello all. I am moving slow - more like the shuffle step Shuffle, Forward brush and back brush (then trip 8-) :D ) in the same place. I didn't know they had flash cards for tap. I just found that out.

so spacey right now.

dh left so I am now doing my zone work.... so exciting.
I am definitely side tracked today. 8-) ;) :D

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:43 pm

FINALLY got hold of my friend for the fractal show. He is not coming because the family is celebrating his daughter's acceptance into nursing school. It will be just me and DD17. Checked in a version of a report. Did some more modifications, testing them now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:24 pm

Responded to this morning's email re: DAR application. My head is spinning. I don't have much time - will need to s2s and get ready for temple in about an hour. Going to do a little work on my own stuff.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:33 pm

hello - a quick hello as i know that once I sit down I will enjoy reading, listening to music and get nothing else done.

zone work done so far:

cleaned the inside and outside of dining room window that could be folded in. the outside big window of the bay will have to be done another day. Lots of june bugs in once sill.

vacuumed stairs - swiped the stairs.

scrubbed the front door inside and out but not the screen door.

next change the cat litter.

Return to “Post When You Can”