Smile it's Saturday- PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Smile it's Saturday- PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:54 pm

hello - i just came back - I ran a bank errand and stopped off (unplanned but fun) for a visit.

a quick hello! eating lunch late... ta ta for now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:28 pm

Hmmm....thought I posted earlier, but I guess I was dreaming 'cause I see nothing. Didn't do much this morning then started l&&ting things I'd like to get done & made a 5x5 & finally ended up changing it all to "11x11" :lol: I've done the dishes, emptied the dish drainer, got the mail, emptied a recycling bin to the bin outside, cleaned/organized the top drawer of my bedside stand, activated dh's new Amex card, ate lunch. Now I'll take a short break -one of my big focus items is to walk at least 6,500 steps today -have quite a ways to go (I'm only at 2,000 :roll: ). But some will be better than none toward my 10,000. It's a bit too warm to walk outside right now so will try to get a lot of steps in inside. At least if I do something....anything the results add up.

Found out last night that 2 of dh's nieces from CA are coming to dbil/dsisil's Tuesday morning. They had texted dd to see if she'd be around during that time. Wednesday: She of course has school & after school she's presenting Jr. Honor Society Awards & then on to Orlando to a hockey game; Thursday she has more Jr. Honor Society Awards to give out after school & has already committed to going to Trivia by 7 that night (though nieces don't need to know that completely). That leaves us when she gets home from work on Tuesday late afternoon. She was telling them we can come over for about an hour after she gets home as I have a meeting at 7 (and I really need to be 'present' at this church council meeting). They're coming to get their Dad (dh's oldest brother) & take him back to CA to live with the older niece. I'm still not convinced that he'll end up going. This should be very interesting as 3 of his kids don't speak to him -one is in SC & the other 2 nearby in CA. His ex-wife (and we're still friends with her) called dbil/dsisil a year or so ago and asked them to tell this b that 'I forgive him'. They did tell her that if that was the case that it really needed to be between them. She's living right near all of them as well. 2 other nieces were here last year & made sure no one told their father they were here. He lives about another 10/15 miles from us. Sorry, but he's not one of my favorite people either. Think his present divorce is supposed to be granted in court on Tuesday -this is only his 5th wife. All this I guess was very skippable rant.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Ill come back and say hi individually.

got our tax results we have to pay. woozy doozey

did a hardware store run and some yard work. all the pots are out

going out to dinner with dd older. that has to stop

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:03 pm

It rained. So I was not able to walk the dog, she nixed the walk and it was cold or mow to wet. Not much going on right now.
H. Is home we had lunch.
I did a rock drop.
I ended up doing a rain walk w out the dog.
Yummy meal bbq rub on baked chicken thighs & legs chicken w veg. Was a hit.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:59 pm

hi d nancy -

ate out for dinner with dd older. lovely time.
I had duck confit strudel with port wine reduction and points (prunes 3) and a really good glass of wine.
french bread.

I have been really hard cooking for me lately so dd older recommended freshly. I will give it a temporary try.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:44 pm

Harriet, I have been able to kuop, with the k being keep, but just can't seem to post.

Dh is putting up a 10' x 14' chain link fence in the backyard for a small garden plot. We plan to have tomato plants and strawberry plants. Hopefully the strawberry plants will produce strawberries next year. Dh has done a lot of research on which plants work best for our area. We also plan to plant a lilac bush and a honeysuckle bush. Last fall we got an estimate from a tree removal company. We had 2 trees that never recovered from the April 30 and May 1 blizzard that we had 2 years ago. The trees had leafed out and it caused the loss of a lot of limbs. Those 2 trees were already stressed before that. Our other 3 trees recovered nicely. We were pleasantly surprised that it didn't cost near what we feared it would. They removed the 2 trees and planted the new trees we had purchased to replace them. Then they did a great job of and I can't think of the proper word but essentially they manicured the 3 surviving trees. The backyard had never had a tree so we bought another one and had the garden shop plant it. We are waiting to see if they survived the harsh winter. Dh watered them daily until the weather turned cold and snow started the day after Christmas. We had had 3 smaller snows prior to Christmas but after Christmas, winter came and stayed until recently.

Our dog is loving the spring weather. Once it warms up, he goes out and stays all day. But if it is cool and cloudy, he stays in the sunroom and looks depressed.

Both dgds are playing soccer. Their games start next week. Dgss15and 13 are both doing track.

Dgd22 mom of 20 month old dggs and her fiance are getting married June 29. I have a dress ordered and am anxious to see if it fits. I thought I had heels that would work but when I looked at them, there is no way I am wearing them. They have a square toe and are out of style. Will figure out shoes once I get the dress and decide if it is what I want.

Guess I better try to get to bed. I have been having a hard time getting to sleep, so I am going to bed really late and sleeping late unless I set an alarm. I have got to get this turned around......

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:30 am

waving to you sweet lilac!!! hello hello!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:34 am

I have been thinking of Sadie. hello sadie if you are peeking in.

Return to “Post When You Can”