PWYC - Rainy Days and Mondays....

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: PWYC - Rainy Days and Mondays....

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:33 am

Good morning everyone! No rain here in the desert southwest. This weekend was no fun whatsoever, because it was spent researching cars. I didn't actually get to see any because 2 of the 3 dealerships with a car I liked were closed. The third was open, but someone else had bought the car. It made me realize this morning that no matter how bad my day could possibly be today, I will still get paid for it, which makes it better than my weekend, which will result in me paying someone else a lot of money. It wasn't a total loss, we took a cat adoption application. They were considering my Alfie, but took an adolescent black cat. Considering how hard it is to place black cats (they don't stand out), I am glad. Alfie has a striking appearance and super soft fur and is quite playful. I am not worried about him. I almost decided not to go to knit/crochet. I forgot the project I wanted to work on, the application made me very late, and I was not really in the mood for their food. Glad I went, because a fellow member's indoor cat had gotten out and I was able to lend a trap. Cat is back in his own house, apparently none the worse. I told them to mention his excursion to his vet on the next visit, but he is an only cat, so no one can be exposed in the unlikely event he picked something up.

Today, I drove in alone so I can leave early if someone has a car for me to test drive. I am monitoring my home email so I can pounce on it. My current favorite would allow me to be debt free (except house) as soon as my insurance payment, tax refund, and gift check clear. Insurance is only paying my rental until the 11th, so I will probably extend for a few days to a week in a cheaper car. I may have to take a few days off for all this, which is the most annoying thing about it. That would allow me to take the potential car to a mechanic. Maybe I can schedule a dentist visit to make it a sick leave day?

I suggest CathyS donate the ugly top. There are many people who love red and will snap it up.

Lilac has me worried. Square toes are out? I didn't even know toes went in and out of style. I am the despair of my mother! I did know in the purebreed cat world, there are fashions in ears.

Kathryn: I am using the USAA car buying service, so everything is a fixed price. They even tell you if the price is good, great, or above market. However, just because I may be paying cash, doesn't mean I have to mention it until I actually pay them! It is more likely I will need a loan for a month while checks clear. There will be a very small amount of interest, but it will be more like a "convenience charge". I, too, have a "new" car spreadsheet.

How is TwinsMom's dog?

ETA: Just checked email. I will be seeing my strongest potential this afternoon. I sent them an email to find out how long I could keep it on a test drive.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:54 am

Good luck with your car hunting, Elizabeth. I'm sorry you have to do it under pressure. Especially when shopping for a used car, it is best to have lots of time. Ds spent about 9 months seriously searching for his car, including one drive to Toronto to arrive at the sales lot in time to meet the new owners of the car he'd driven 4 hours to look at! Then his Civic died in the middle of winter and it became a pressured purchase. That's why he ended up buying new.

I've still not made any progress since my last post. I'm just sitting here feeling sorry for myself. I did, however, file a complaint with Transport Canada, tattling on an idiot who happily posted his great drone footage of a fire last night. It is very impressive but it is illegal to fly a drone at night, over a residential subdivision (also illegal) AND he was even talking about low battery and no visibility and yet he doesn't think he did anything wrong when I pointed out he broke the rules. So I reported it. Watching the footage, it looks like the updraft from the heat from the fire could have caused him to lose control and the idea of a drone hitting a fire firefighter really bothered me. The stupid idiot identified himself by posting the video so unless he pulls it down, it should be easy for investigators to find him.

I think I might also send a note along to the fire service. They may want to send a visitor to this guy as well.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Sat. night I colored my hair and did a manicure and even got out my teeth whitening trays and used them. I feel like a princess!
This is great Harmony! You are in full on healing mode and it's nice to do be doing things for yourself!

Elizabeth, DMuffin seems better, her gait is a little off at time from the remnants of the limp, but she wanted to do the full circle around the block twice yesterday and once so far today. Of course, when she came here she didn't run and her walking was far more labored because of her weight. She does run some now, she was running to bark at the neighbor dogs when this happened. And she gets galliprant for arthritis also. Thank you for asking about her. I had several black cats growing up...

I have dishwasher running and clothes washer running. Will need to keep laundry going today.

I don't want to work on DAR stuff today, even though I'm nearly done. But I need to have it all done on Wed a.m. I will start at :15 before the hour and go to BOTH on it.
Steps:
inventory what I have
gather rest of documents needed
scan or copy them all for myself
get needed info printed on the back. It shouldn't be hard. The extra copies are in case the printer mangles one.
Proof the written analysis. Of course, I could keep tinkering with this until the end of time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:45 pm

hello hello

I have been on the computer this morning re: bills and other things.
I didn't think it would take this long. I have been on with one thing for over an hour. lovely customer service but my goodness. I had to call separate for a different issue but same company. lots of being on hold but i put our tv on hold for the summer. yay. lets see how long I last lol.

hi d Kathryn! hope you feel not so down. I am sure the weather has a lot to do with it. soon spring will come and brighten your days ahead.

hi d Elizabeth! hope you find a car you like.

hi d twins. happy dog walking. and thrilled beyond measure that you were able to reduce your meds and feel more clear minded

hello d harmony great that you got a lot done saturday. bummer about tire! princess harmony you look lovely!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:56 pm

More progress here I got the trash dumped. Po sting from the stat bike. More rain it is raining again outside now.
Dailies are done yea!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:39 pm

I am coming back through. This is quite exacting...for a document that is landscape, the top should be to the right in the stack. :shock:

I decided to try again on the ask a librarian feature at the state library and archives. I tried the online chat a couple of weeks ago and who ever was on the other end was beyond clueless. There's a broken link to the listing of records held by the state library for Knox county. The person from a couple of weeks ago could send me a pdf of the information, but would have to charge for it... :shock: S/he also tried to refer me to the Knox co archives and I had to explain that I have other county research to do and would like to limit my trips. And this is just finding out what microfilm records they have at the state library!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm

good luck with all that you are doing with the library and genealogy work d twins.

yay on your work d Nancy.

I finally finished with all the phone calls. my goodness.
changing my attitude to positive - do what I can - and lots of prayers to move with my day instead of against it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Second break, things have been going better! Need to have lunch also.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:44 pm

wonderful d twins!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:46 pm

I am trying to decide to do the outside work first as this morning was taken with paper duty and phone calls.

the dishes are washing themselves.
Laundry is dancing in water - swishing around the cloths.
Laundry is folded and is on the bus stop (church bench) in the front hall - ready to go upstairs.
counters cleaned, stove cleaned.

Home blessing hasn't started.

Return to “Post When You Can”