Don't discount the good you are doing...Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Don't discount the good you are doing...Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:25 am

"Please don't discount the things you are doing right. We always seem to focus on the imperfections." Progress is enough.
Kimmy of She's in her Apron

Too many times, as SHE'S, we discount the good we do by the way we look at what things:

"We get so fixated on the things we didn't accomplish, that we overlook the things we have done"
Kimmy/She's in her apron

We forget that each season of life brings different callings for us. Be good to yourself today. Keep track of the good you do - even if it is putting the dish in the dishwasher, talking to dear friend who just needs to talk etc. it all is good. for today do not focus on what you think you "should have" done. That is a disservice to yourself. be kind to you today. Look to the positive. you do more in a day than you realize (home, family, friends, our pets, life).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBNCLG1UNo here is the full talk by Kimmy (if you are interested) She did this talk for a mom summit.
I love young moms.

Look at the good today. PIE, Progress is enough.
Have a blessed wonderful day.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Don't discount the good you are doing...Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:33 am

Yesterday I planned on finishing my home blessing - focusing on the good I may not have gotten to it all but I did spend hours on the phone straightening out Important paperwork/bill stuff. It took my whole morning. I worked in the yard. started the process on the pool. worked a bit in the garage. I even made dinner.

It may not have been the day I had planned but there was a lot of good.

today's goal/hope
one phone call for insurance
declutter day.
pool
a few weeds (a small section).
pick up fish or turkey burgers
or make a vegetarian dish.

time for morning routine. wishing you all a wonderful day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:00 am

Just had a coughing fit that left me spinning. I guess I was coughing so much I ran out of oxygen. Sigh.

Major weather mess again today. Currently black ice with a dusting of snow. Cars in ditches and multiple MVAs on the highways. Glad I got to the library last night. There's no going anywhere today. Five inches of snow are expected by tomorrow morning.

I slept pretty well. Lights out by 9 and only looked at the clock 2 times throughout the night. Was up once. Fell asleep quickly each time after waking. I don't feel any better but my nose is dripping more so maybe that is progress.

Dh has a meeting here this afternoon so I am guaranteed quiet time since I don't want to expose people to the cold. I'll set up in our bedroom. Maybe read my book.

This morning I will try to get the dusting and vacuuming done. And start dinner in the crockpot.

Laundry is under control and lunch and dinner planned so the day should go smoothly once my tea kicks in.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:22 am

Cannot find the chance to read Monday PWYC. It will have to be a treat sometime.

Breathing - very important, Kathryn. Please do not neglect.

I am not surprised to hear about extraordinary weather but am very sorry. Difficult to look out and be unable to GO out. Reminds me of the drawing in Cat in the Hat of the children looking out on the weather.

Here, we sing the same tired old song. Torrents one day, deluge the next. Weird.

In a lull, HRH started mowing our grass and did get the back yard done before I went out and frowned at him. He shouldn't be doing it. Then ds came and finished all with his wide mower. i wonder if he got back to his garage before the rains came again - barely made it if he did. Both of them are feeling the absence of dstepson.

I talked to dstepdil yesterday and news from Missouri doesn't sound good. Rather than returning home for good on the 18th, it looks like dstepson may have only another few days home and then right back again. The problem continues to be human resources situations, out of his hands.

blessed, I appreciated the glimpse of your pages the other day - bubble-in forms offer so much clarity.

I was up early after a nightmare involving long lines at womens' bathrooms. Morning Dailies were done before dd left for school. Second load of laundry in now.

Helped dd protect artwork from the rain as she left - this is becoming a constant need. We're going to order more portfolios, I think, especially if we can find plastic ones we like. I have a zippered canvas one she can borrow, but of course even that becomes a concern in a downpour.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:37 am

Yes, as a child that scene in the Cat in the Hat was normal (except Mom wasn't home.) It never occurred to me that this would seem unusual to the reader!

I'll keep trying to breath. I only cough every 10 - 20 minutes if I'm sitting still and seldom as badly as that first time (I was just sitting doing light therapy at the time.)

I've done 2x10min of tidying in prep for house blessing. I'm not sure how much I'll get done of the house blessing.

I'm at a cross-roads - do I s2s first or clean? I think I'll clean me first and then get going on the housework. A quick sweep with a broom and dust pan will get the apartment ready for the guests if I can't proceed past s2s so I'm not worried about wearing myself out with s2s.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 am

Had an AMAZING sleep last night. Accord to Fit B, I had over 8 hours and I believe it. The night before.....hardly any sleep. I'm liking that new (to me) figure.

I let myself laze in bed for a while. In fact I'm just now (at 10:30) getting ready to eat breakfast. I was determined to get in over 1,000 steps first & did that. I'm trying so hard to get at least the 10K in -yesterday was 11,000. I've decided it's probably the only way I'll ever lose weight.....just up my exercise time. Think I've cut calories as much as I can.

Sent dh's new credit card yesterday -have instructed him to let me know AS SOON as he gets it. Meantime I'm checking our account even more frequently.

I'm dropping everything in a box for home as I come across things -big & small. Don't really have too much that I have to take as I sent most things ahead with dh. I'm making a list of things I'll have to buy when I get there -but most of those will be going into an order from WM to be sent up to our summer home. I'm not (I repeat -I AM NOT) taking any more than we absolutely have to. As it is I should only be there about 4 1/2 months before coming back to FL. I'm hoping to fly and perhaps will even have dh fly & hopefully have one of our boys drive the car down. I'm sure they'd make it in about a day & a half.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:40 am

hello again dear ones!!!

morning routine done (well I still have dh's bathroom) I heard him swish the toilet this morning which is so appreciated even if the rest - is a oh my gosh every day. Why we teach boys to stand up! lol not having boys except for babysitting changes my view, I am sure. 8-) ;) I had a friend's husband who had to a suite with other business men from Germany. They left him a sign in the bathroom that they all used... sit down when you go without further instructions ;) . lol he was shocked :oops: ;) . we laughed that maybe he should get his eyesight checked. Needless to say, he cleaned as he went for the rest of the trip. 8-) ;) :D

now for dh's bathroom and then start my BWP for today.
Maybe... maybe... add vacuuming upstairs (my Home blessing I missed).

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:43 am

hi d kathryn... I am praying for happy nice weather to come your way soon!
have you seen your dr. I have had pneumonia several times and that is what happened to me. (as well as having no energy).
do you also have a oxygen monitor? I am sorry the coughing fit was so hard on you!!!
praying you feel better!

goops dh needs me to pick him up.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:47 am

Good morning ladies. It is raini g m raoned in the night might get a break today later on.
Qt. X
Journaling & day planning done.
Groc. List is made out.
Trash is at the curb.
On track toiday for the most part.

I have stuff OMM / on my mind. I journaled about that.

Waving to every one. Sort of feel like the pauyse button has been pushed here.
A dove is cooing out side now.
Flooding high creeks amd a mudslide in the area here.
Yea it just stopped!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:55 am

I've finished a.m. routine except for continuing with laundry. I did several of those "two minute" things as I went also. Just talked to dd and she wants to bring her tax stuff over this afternoon so glad we'll get on that. I offered to help her clean up her office at work - all the Purim stuff got shoved into it and then they had a field trip on Sunday. She needs to work on storage solutions.... Why am I offering to help her when my upstairs and garage are a mess?

I am still spending a little time on DAR narrative today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”