Don't discount the good you are doing...Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Don't discount the good you are doing...Tuesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:34 pm

hi d lucy! yay enjoy your time! I will put those up again.
(((your sweet grandmother anniversary and your sweet grandfathers passing.))) it is so hard!!!
it is a blessing to keep their legacy - what a gift to your grand children and you're grandparents.

that was a big day yesterday! you did so much. I am glad you could see that you bless yourself and others in your day!
lol about mickey and minnie! :D

hi d cathy
I still don't like asparagus. I make it bc dd's and others like it but not me.
your dh, I know, appreciates all you do for him!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Finished my decluttering for today.

dh.. he reached his limit of doing stuff. He had to get out of here. He has anxiety especially if he over does his work or if he thinks I want him to do something for him. He did the shelves, on his own for me, without me asking - very nice, brought down a basket, took his car in for a new battery (all of this is huge amount of work. I should have known that just getting the the old, '77, car towed and fixed would have been more than enough for him. But he continued to overwork. He wanted to go to the donation place (I asked if he wanted to take the pierced earring holder of dd older s (tiny) and he got all flustered. He always over does and then freaks out a bit. He then thinks that he is supposed to do everything and thinks its me that wants it. It is just his way, and it heightened after the cancer. That's why I take over more and more as things seem so much for him. He enjoyed himself until the *poofing* hour hit. I had just cleaned the sink in his bathroom and he brushed his teeth - a messy process for sweet dh. I asked if he would mind swiping it with the clorox wipe on the counter. Then it was too much. That was the straw that broke the camels back (anxiety). He is off to look at the donation place and then his favourite book store. He should feel better soon.
I wish I could keep him from doing too much or freaking out. I don't think he has the humour right now to have me tap my foot and say slow down. ;)

tomorrow is bill/phone call for insurance/paperwork day. my goodness - so exciting. 8-) :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Back from groc. Store run.
Rant warning. / Pet peeve when the person behind you crowds, while you are loading your bags and you turn back to incert your cc & cannot access the creadit card machine, the person behind you while chatting with the person behind them and have to be told twice to back up so I can pay. Had a wheel chair in front totally clueless possibly w Alzheimer's person in wheel chair, hello pay attention to the person in wheelchair you are pushing. Duh!
Crowing in line is rude./ End rant .

I could not find dd's apt. I will need to follow dd or have some one with me to find it. She was not answering. I wanted to find it ahead of time. I texted her telling her that.

Was able to get some q's answered by a nurse neighbor so that helped.

Good news found my gardening clogs at the store.
Got grass seed, it is slightly raining I got the grass seed down perfect weather for it yea!
Got two more plates yea! Retiring the chicken plates.

I have washed the new plates and put them away.
Moved the ones I am changing out to the other shelf, while I decide if I will keep any and how many.
Got the back yard mowed.
Southern part of the state had an earthquake 5.0 down graded to 4.4 this morning just before lunch time..
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Dh is having his meeting now so I'm in the bedroom. My laptop is almost out of battery (forgot the plug) so then I'll rest or read.

I got all the house blessing done except the weekly kitchen chores but the kitchen looks great so that's just for me, not a visitor. I also had a bowl of grapes and some baking ready.

Put out winter napkins (cardinals over top a music score) as a joke.

We've had over 2" of snow so far and at times today the roads were snow covered, even main roads. They weren't plowing because this will all melt tomorrow. Apparently they are plowing the highway now. There have been 85 accidents since 5 a.m. this morning, 72 of those were in the morning. The number is still going up, rush hour is just beginning.

We have a second case of measles in town. Again from travel but to the UK not some place exotic. So this can be considered due to anti-vaxxers. Ironically, the patient was tested and her blood shows antibodies (she's been vaccinated and it is showing active) but she is a cancer patient and her immune system was not strong enough to protect her from the virus. She is in isolation and can't be touched by her husband. She said a nurse took the time to do the full suit-up including face shield and came in to give her hug last night because she was feeling so sad.

I'm not sure how this case will change dd's view. In this case, there is absolutely nothing the woman could have done to avoid getting sick except to isolate herself. Her doctors had cleared her for the travel and it was one of those 'make-a-wish foundation' dream trip.

She is upset at all the people she's exposed now because, again, it took the doctors a while to figure out it was measles. Especially since blood tests indicated immunity to them.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:36 pm

SO aggravated at the anti-vaxxers! That is the person herd immunity is supposed to protect. I will never forget the wife of one of my x's coworkers taking me aside and telling me about her husband's post polio syndrome, ending with "If you have kids PLEASE vaccinate them." (I lived in a place where froot loopy people abounded AND had just had a measles outbreak primarily due to a weaker vaccine used in the 70s). I promised that not only would I do so, but my cats got them, AND I was one of the people who had gotten re-immunized after the outbreak.

Just got a call from the dealer, the car will be available tomorrow afternoon. We never discussed payment for the repairs, so I cannot imagine he expects me to pay for them. There may even be legal obligations once a problem is known, I'm not sure. I have signed nothing, so I cannot be held to anything other than returning the car after a test drive. Any driver would have noticed the vibration during idle, so it would have to be fixed. He has his own mechanic, so it will not be $1600 for him. In fact, I might have been able to find a cheaper price had I shopped around, but all I wanted was to know what I was getting into. I have a fixed price that is good until 4/21. I found the car through my insurance company's buying service, on which I am sure they would like to remain, so I don't think there will be an issue.

lucylee: Guess what! The snakes will come to eat the mice too! I know, just what you wanted to hear.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:51 pm

hello good evening.
I was just thinking about d Helia - if you stop by.. Hello d Helia

good luck tomorrow on the car d elizabeth!

hello d Kathryn. yay on your home blessing! I am telling your snow to "stop"!!!

yay on your grocery store run. so frustrating!
hope the earth quake didn't cause any issues.

ate left over soup for dinner.
nothing great.

I am trying to decide whether to do errands tomorrow instead of Thursday. We are supposed to have really bad thunderstorms on Thursday.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Fingers crossed that the car works out for Elizabeth. I'm dying to hear what she chose.

Dinner is done. I started the dishwasher before dinner (it was full) so dh is washing up the few dinner dishes now.

The lady with measles PM'd me on Reddit because I had told the group they owed her an apology for assuming she was a selfish anti vaxxer and saying she or her parents should be jailed. They said all that on Sunday before details were released. That's the left leaning side. There was also anti immigration crap from those on the opposite side of the political spectrum because they didn't know one has to have all their shots before coming to Canada.

She's home from the hospital now so I am glad she's getting better.

I'm not sleepy but tired so I don't know what I will do next. I suppose I can start with my bedtime vitamins and maybe another cup of tea and some berries for dessert.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:52 pm

dh is feeling so much better! right before he came home - he drove the old car home and had a woman on his tail beeping all the way. It flustered him so much that we he got home he was full of anxiety like i had said earlier. the car turned down our street. he was beyond being flustered - his anxiety was high.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:02 pm

working towards grace and trying to have a listening heart for dd younger.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:32 pm

I need to step. away. from. the. computer.

Return to “Post When You Can”