Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:49 pm

(((Cathy's dh))) sorry he has the flu. I've progressed to coughing up a bit of phlegm every once in a while so that's something new. And more and more sneezing. I'm about 95% sure this is a cold and not the flu.

Good to see LadyM is safe. That's all we need to know.

And I forgot to say "Welcome to the club" to Rosie! Babies are amazing.

We had dinner tonight and cooked enough for Friday night leftovers. I still have to clean up the kitchen.

Dh got an email from the legal representative of the bankruptcy of the cryptocurrency exchange. This is significant since I've been watching all this from afar and had not registered dh as a creditor. Monday I watched the court proceedings as the motion to move into bankruptcy was approved.

So dh has been confirmed to be on the client list, at the very least. It would be more helpful if they had access to the database of the client accounts, since we'll need proof of how much we lost for tax purposes. For that matter, the lawyers will need proof of how much we had in order to establish our share of the assets. The company took that off-line when they announced they were in creditor protection. It was working right up until the end of January. So in theory, unless they deliberately trashed the database as part of covering their tracks (they stole $250 million dollars of cryptocurrency), we'll be able to claim a $100 tax loss (that's what dh lost.) I expect to get $10 back from the legal proceedings. It is possible, our claim will be deemed to small to even process.

This has been really interesting to follow. Canadian banks won't cash the stack of money orders or even the payment by one bank of $20 million dollars. They claim there's no proof this isn't money laundering. The forensic accountant found money being held in other companies and they just refuse to hand it over in some cases or even respond to court summonses. (Which just adds to the money laundering reputation of the industry!)

I figure it has given me $10 of entertainment to have a place in these proceedings!

OK, time to get off to work on the kitchen.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:55 pm

I am trying to decide what to plant where. I ran out of steam & had to pay attn. To dinner prep.
I want a sunflower room, and at least one bean tee pee.
I think the swiss chard needs to go in one of the beds not next to the fence bc I cannot trust neighbors to not spray.
I have holly hocks to dead head.
This year I do not have to worry about the henss getting my veggies, hoping the dogs will scare deer off but I do see their tracks going up the street.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:30 pm

So glad to see LadyM! How was the big out of town weekend?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:31 pm

(((Cathry & DH)))) I hope your DH feels better soon and doesn't share his flu germs with you.

I'm about to wrap today up and settle down to relax for a bit.

I just got back from picking DS10 and DGD7 up from children church. DGD7 left her backpack in my car when we got home from school and neither one of us remembered to do her homework. When we got home from church I listened to DGD7 read the assigned story and then signed the note for the teacher to verify that she had completed her reading assignment.

While the kids were in church I hooked the pool vacuum up for the first time this year. I am still not confident in my ability to do this even though I have successfully accomplished it dozens of times over the past 3 summers. I vacuumed to waste for about 30 minutes before stopping because I suspect the hose is clogged. It was getting dark so I shut everything down and will start again tomorrow. Green swimming pools are gross looking. JS.

According to the weather people, we aren't' going to get a bad storm tonight. I just double checked that because we have some wicked looking clouds that caused chills to go up/down my spine when I saw them. 40 years ago today there was a massive tornado that went through this area killing many people. My FB is full of people remembering where they were when the tornado hit. Thankfully the weather technology has made many advances in their ability to predict the weather. They may never get it exactly right but they are making good progress.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 pm

How was the big out of town weekend?

It was wonderful.

Saturday afternoon/evening DSon and DDIL took us to several places we have never been to. Time together went by in a blur.

Sunday we were up early because competition started at 8am. DGS12 competed in the regional gymnastics for the first time. He was competing against others from a 7 state area. On his second event (the rings) he fell and hurt his ankle. I don't know how high the rings are but they are about 10-12' or so from the ground. He immediately got up and back on the rings and finished. However, I suspect that affected his performance for the rest of the day. He did win one award but he won't be advancing to the next level of competition this year. It was a great exposure for him to see the ones he will be competing against next year. I have very little knowledge of gymnastics events but find them totally fascinating to watch.

I went looking for video of the rings to learn more about them. I was surprised to see the routines are similar at DGS12 level and at the Olympia level. Of course, the Olympia performance is perfection where those at DGS12 level is not.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:34 pm

I'm glad you had a good weekend, LadyM!

I'm off to bed now. Late.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 am

Hope your dh feels better soon, Cathy!

So glad to have LadyM back home and sorry dgs had the injury to deal with.

Speaking of storms, were any of you affected by the April 3,1974 tornados that came through my part of the country? I think a lot of Midwestern states were also affected. It was one of the worst here ever. A classmate of mine was killed, along with his entire family. My dad lost a cousin in the same storm — neighboring county. It was quite an event around here, and all storms were judged by it until 2011, when we had another major outbreak.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”