Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 am

I'm not particularly inspired today but wanted to get us started....

Good Morning!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:48 am

I actually got up early this a.m.! I need to be at meeting at 10:30 and want to get stuff done first. I am going to start a brisket in the crockpot, it may be falling apart done by the time I get back home but I hate to wait and put it in later, or be tied to the house while it's in the oven later.

I'm going to s2s now, I've gotten through a lot of a.m. routine already.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:31 am

Getting us started IS inspiring!!! thank you d twins.
have a good meeting.

happy day to all of you!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:35 am

woke at 5:30 and didn't get up until 6:00 - lazy daisy.

it is cold and very grey this morning. I am tempted to do my errands today but I will see; I will see what the weather is tomorrow.

Today: antiprocrastinatiion day!
I have to replace a light in the kitchen.
I would like dh and I to open the pool pump and give it a good clean.
gave dh a check for taxes.

today is supposed to be bill and paperwork day but I shall see - In other words, I don't know what the heck I will be doing.

tonight dd younger, dh and I will have a phone conversation - she wants to discuss her reasoning for staying and how she plans to do it financially. I see a lot of holes in her thinking but that comes with experience.

http://www.becomingminimalist.com this is the course I did in winter/spring. lots of hard work. https://www.facebook.com/groups/uncluttered2019/ and the support group. Most people do this course multiple times as it is a lifetime (or until he finishes his site) program. I also have been working with a better life with Kat as my mentor once a week since last year. no perfection, lots of frustration on wanting to get it done all at once, hard work but our house is showing lots of success in getting rid of things and mindful shopping. I will say it doesn't go away immediately but it is making cleaning easier and faster so i can get out the door for fun.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:28 am

okay I decided. tomorrow is supposed to be a big thunder boomer day and today is supposed to be just rain. I have decided to do errands instead of bills.

so ta ta! talley- ho...top of the mornin' .... bonnes aventures...gelukkige avonturen...lykkelige eventyr...felices aventuras...
eachtraí sona - have a wonderful adventures day! 8-)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:41 am

Twins: thanks for starting us off.

I'm not sure I slept last night. I went to bed close to 10 but was still awake at midnight when dh came in. I went to the bathroom then and once more when he was up in the night. I asked if he was taking a pill for his restless legs and he said no, that wasn't what woke him, but he'd do so for me. I took another melatonin, figuring I'd be tired in the morning anyway so I couldn't lose. Still, I don't think I did more than doze through the night as I had on an audio book and am convinced I followed the story. It was a biography and is almost over. A quick check of wikipedia shows I've missed nothing from the story so far.

On the other hand, I'm not really exhausted. I woke up when dh woke up (around 7:15) and got up just at 8. I'm incredibly slow moving but I'm moving. Dishwasher is emptied, tea and chocolate and light done, bedroom tidied and most of my clothes laid out for the day. I've done the Wordscape puzzle for the day and my sudoku. I've read a chapter in my book.

I guess I'll get dressed now and then figure out what to do next.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:33 am

I'm dressed now and had something for breakfast.

I'm out of plain yogurt so was intending to have cereal but that expired in September and smelled awful so I passed on that and had my berries, a hot cross bun, glass of milk and a flavoured yogurt (which I have on hand to have a dessert, not breakfast, due to the sugar content.)

I also refilled the bedroom ibuprofen container. Which led to me opening a big bottle for the kitchen as well. The last big bottle lasted 8 months. Not my shortest ever, but still pretty short. Except that was during the shingles and concussion so I guess that's not bad. There was a time where I went 11 months on a bottle (500 tablets.) I'm not sure how much dh is taking them, but I'm guessing only 2 - 3 a week so I'm the heavy user in the family.

Time to figure out my next to-do item.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:11 am

so I'm the heavy user in the family.
Yeah, me too, Kathryn. My big bottle of acetaminophen lasts just a few months & dh rarely takes it. He generally only take the PM at bedtime though I'm sure there's lots of other times he could use it.

I also barely slept last night -so much for the good night Monday night! :shock: Dozed after 7am until about 10:30. Oh this is not a good schedule.

DD put 2 high air beds on the front porch for dnieces to pick up today on their way to Winter Haven. Not sure why they have to go there since they can't get into dh's brother's home -it's now sold. The 3 of them are staying at dbil/dsisil's till they fly out Friday morning for Sacramento. I see the bags are still on the porch. I need to get busy & get something done! It was good to see them. We were over there about an hour & a half. Dsisil whispered to me that we needed to go to lunch. Well, she doesn't drive & I don't have a car. But dbil said he'd come get me some day next week for breakfast. Have I mentioned that I've grown very tired of breakfast this winter? Even my own breakfasts here seem to bore me any more.

Got up about 11 last night & binge watched the remaining episodes of Sue Thomas FBI. Wish they'd more episodes of that show -it lasted for 57 shows.

Dh is leaving with DS-A about 2/3am on Friday. They're going to almost the Indiana border of Ohio. DS is buying a new trailer for our 2 dgss sprint car racers. They now have 3 & won't fit in their present trailer. :roll: So I'll be praying for traveling mercies for them -all day!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:19 am

I slept ok. Had a froggy voice this morning.
Had Rx & breakfast.
Need to s2s.
Journaling under way.
Granddaughter is okay the town she is in had water in the street last nite.
Dgd#2 is okay saw a car that looked like hers stranded in water we are glad it was not her's.

No rain we have sun this morning! :mrgreen:
I need to figure out were to plant my starts.
People are coming to get the swingset today yea!
Rain in the forecast the next 5 days after today good time for sewing.

3rd round ~
Picked up after the dog.
Made meatloaf to cook for dinner.
Fixed h. lunch for later.
Checked on the plants.
Swept traffic area on hard surfaces.
Put sweet potato in water to grow hope it works!

4th round after lunch -
Got cream Cheese dip made up.
I pruned the rose bush I had been putting off.
Plus one more next to it yea for progress.
I raked in grass seed.
Picked up some of the branches finished pruning two more areas & moved some onion plants.

Noticed the swing set has left the property. Yea they picked it up.
Learned on a motivational talk to focus more on now stuff rather than what is next seems to be helping.

Waving to everyone!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Weekly kitchen chores are done. They don't take long so don't think of this as a major accomplishment but that's the last of weekly house blessing done.

Paperwork in some form will have to be next.

Return to “Post When You Can”