Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Waving to y’all from Dallas...

Vera Mae was born on Saturday April 6th at 11:11pm. All are doing well and I am enjoying the entire adventure.

Beautiful baby girl who looks exactly like her father when he was born so that is extra special for me in many ways!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:39 pm

How thrilling, Ramblin'! She has my dgrandaughter C's birthday! (who used to be babyC) Time for you to grab those old photos and get ready to show off how much the two look alike! you'll be a stellar grandmother.

Nancy, I thought it was terrible the way you were pressured in the grocery line! Sounds like the kind of person who beeps the horn in traffic for no reason. Thoughtless.

blessed, the above brings me to your dh's experience with the pressuring person in the car behind him, which I also thought was terrible.

Also blessed, your post this a.m. did get my attention. Although I don't believe I'd want to go through a course, I did look at his books and decided to purchase the newer one. I thought it was reasonably priced.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:49 pm

OH!!! I am so happy for you, Rose, and for your ds and his wife! So exciting!!!

Where IS LadyM???
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Things are going pretty well around here today.
I made pictures of dgd3 with that chair of dmom's. She did so well! She was just posing, blowing me kisses -- where do little girls learn to do this??? Dgs6, OTOH, when he takes pictures... oh my goodness...

Dmom came out for a little while -- wanted to take her bp with dh's machine, and wanted to see dgd. I told her dgd and I would come to her, but that dgd would probably fall asleep before we got there, so she came to us. DGD (like her Nana, LOL) can fall asleep within minutes of sitting in the car. She had been very insistent that she wanted pizza earlier and we went and got some, but before we got home, she was asleep. She woke up to eat, but I knew if I put her down for another 15 minute ride, she'd be out again.
She really needs a nap right now -- she never fell asleep again since we stayed home. First dmom came, then we went to pick up dgs at school, and when we got back from that quick trip, she was just cranky and whiny. She's lying on my bed right now, watching videos on her tablet.

We have church tonight and then ddil will pick up dgs and take him home. DGD will spend one more night with us and then thank goodness, ds will be HOME. This has been an 8 day trip, I think. He has a couple longer ones next fall, but * MAYBE * dgd will be in pre-K for at least part of the day.

Blessed -- I saw your planner pages with the bubbles. Those look nice!
I really need to start writing down specific zone tasks for each week, if I ever expect to do these things. :roll: Just saying "15 minutes in the zone" isn't getting it done!
I have to leave time for flexibility, b/c * life * around here often leads to Plan B... but I also need to be a wee bit more specific in setting up Plan A to begin with, LOL!!!

Nancy, I hate that too, when people are crowding into my space at the check-out line.

No WHB done around here At All this week... good gracious, I'm just thrilled clothes are in the washer now! I can understand why ds & ddil have such trouble keeping up with things. Cleaning house while these two are underfoot is like washing your car in the rain.

Dozed after 7:0am until about 10:30. Oh this is not a good schedule.

Hmmm... that has been MY schedule around here for the past week, Dee... of course, usually I'm not up before 10:30 anyway.
Oh the night life, ain't no good life, but it's my life...

Waving to ALL!!!! :D :D :D Must start supper!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Echoing where is LadyM?

I got the bank account closing letter written and reminded the other signatories they need to let me know when I can find them both at home so I can get this done.

I also went to the office to find out what the expectations were for me on Friday. The phone company is coming in to install fibre optic into every apartment. I have 5 phone jacks so needed to know which ones were being updated. Turns out, likely only the living room. Which is good since there's a waterbed in front of one of them and a bed on risers in front of another. Dh and I will move the couch out on Thursday night.

Now to help dh with dinner.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:21 pm

I am done with another round shaped up roses by the fences. I need to load up more branches got part of them loaded the lkast batch.
Carrots are in. Yea! I am deciding where to plant other stuff. I waited on inside stuff bc it has been raining, and will be for the next few days,
today was a break in the rains.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Ended up spending afternoon at the library - question re: DAR application info, not crucial but I'd like to find a better source. So spent afternoon there, then stop for groceries and then home. Need to get all the library info entered now because I didn't have a laptop or iPad with me.

Those on Facebook might see that I scored Red horseradish at the grocery today. It's very hard to find in this little town, plus it's a week and a half before Passover and everyone is looking for it. It turned out that dd is responsible for the horseradish for the Seder - and I'm sure she hasn't looked for it yet - so that is set.

Brisket in crock pot was a success. I think it's better slow cooked in the oven but the low setting on the crockpot did okay.

Congrats to RR and her family!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:55 pm

I'm here!

Need to CUOP a bit.

Life is busy and blessed.

RR - Congratulations!! I'm so very happy for you and family.

Our weekend trip to Dallas was wonderful and filled with many treasured memories.

In between homeschool, kid care and other activities I've been using every spare moment to get the many many seedlings that I grew planted into containers. It is exhausting & time intensive but I am enjoying it. I have lost count of how many batches of "soil" I have mixed. I am using a combination of peat, cow manure compost, potting mix, vermiculite, and perlite to fill the soil based containers. The hydroponic containers were getting a Master Garden Blend but then I got tired of mixing it and switched to using fish fertilizer. Oh My. The next morning I walked outside and could smell that! I thought I really messed up but thankfully the smell has dissipated

I started filling the swimming pool 2 days ago and finished filling it this morning. I asked DH to connect the pipes to the pump & filter and then I held my breath while waiting to see if it would work. If it didn't work I planned on starting a complete renovation of that area. I don't know if I'm disappointed or not but the existing swimming pool equipment is working so I am going to see if it will last through another year. The pool is going through an algae bloom ALREADY so I am fighting that full force. Hopefully, we will have a sparkling blue pool in a few days.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi!

Supper was grilled cheese. Dh's had 2 slices of provolone and 1 slice of salami in both of his. I had 1 with 2 slices of that orange coloured sliced "cheese". I prefer this to anything else. Ex used to make it with real cheddar cheese and he always put a LOT of cheese in each one. They got tiring really soon. I can't remember if we ever had the cheese slices in 20 years.

When I woke up this morning there was a man in my bed. I looked at my phone and it was 6:40. "Wayne? Wayne? Are you going to work today?" Mumbled answer from under a blanket... "No. I'm sick." Fast forward to 2:30 after his Dr. appointment. Dr. gave him a sick note for work and he is home until at least Monday with the flu.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:39 pm

Congratulations, RR!! I'm so happy for you and your family.

Welcome back, Lady Maverick. We missed you.

Return to “Post When You Can”