A Pathway Through Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

A Pathway Through Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:30 am

What is your Thursday path?

Will you be doing sprints, or is today a marathon?

Is there a Parade of Daily Adventures to attend?

CathyS

Re: A Pathway Through Thursday

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:39 am

Hi!

Dh is still home but tells me he is feeling much better and could have gone to work.

I have put the garbage and recycling out.

Supper tonight... maybe spaghetti and a plain, meat-free sauce. Depends on how dh is feeling.

I have the Craft Guild. Some knit, some crochet and there are at least 2 other cross stitchers. One lady has been doing candlewicking!

It's cold and windy here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:40 am

Ugh. I need to finish our tax return today, and do some research for ds' return on what needs to be reported re: his employer HSA, and do TN return, which I won't pay TaxAct $20 each to do because they are so simple and can be done on the state website. And I need to visit dmom.

Both those jobs were on my li$t for yesterday when I got sidetracked at the library. And I need to enter into Evernote all the stuff from the library yesterday while I remember what record goes with what, and what I meant when I made a list instead of taking photos of books I was checking.

Dfriend M is walking this a.m. - and it's a beautiful day - at the nature park and it would be a great day to go, but I'm afraid I would come home feeling like I was done for the day and wouldn't do anything else.

I'm going to transfer my weight from my iPad to my spreadsheet, then will get started with breakfast and move forward. I'm particulary pleased about my weight so it's a good day to do it. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 am

thank you dear Harriet for starting us on our path!!! I don't think I am the sprint or marathon person (this body lol) I am more like the bulldog you see owners pulling behind them. :D 8-) :D (lol but I get there!)
have a great day!

hi d cathy I am happy your dh feels better!
have fun at the craft guild!

hi d twins (I totally understand that feeling - that the nice walk will give you the rest of the day off)! I want someone to change my brain when I go out first before my home stuff. 8-)
libraries are easy things to get pulled into.
have a great day what ever you do.

Hello everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:30 am

Yesterday I went to the beach again (a different one). - snowy and cold.
I didn't finish my errands but I bought seeds, new pots for dh, and one thing for me.
dh is donating his other pots. I have to wash them today.

it is a very cold, grey and windy windy day today. We were supposed to have thunder boomers but I don't think that will happen.
I had planned to do bills today but I may do my morning routine, then bills, put away, and change the light in the kitchen.
I have decided to move 4 boxes of dd younger's to the 3 season room today. My goal is to work on this stuff Tuesday.

now for reality 8-)
it's 10 am already! wow

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:20 am

Slow moving here.

My throat was terrifically sore this morning when I coughed and I had a lot to cough up.

I got out of bed and felt a bit better but then overwhelmed with exhaustion so lay down for another hour in the living room after taking my vitamins and an ibuprofen for the sore throat. I couldn't even finish my tea and chocolate I was so tired.

Then I got up, took a decongestant, had a bagel and peanut butter plus a mini yogurt and a glass of milk for my breakfast. I've got turkey broth on the counter defrosting so I can make some soup for my lunch. I'm still very slow moving but I'm moving. It is a shower day so I'll take my shower now that I have then energy from my breakfast. Plus I'm just finishing up my tea now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 am

M had an insomnia night, the third of three, so she wasn't up to a long walk. We did a couple of turns around the neighborhood and got to catch up. Beautiful day, lots of neighbors out too.

I need to get started on the tax returns now...first I am going to look at ds' return and do his state return online.

At 2 p.m. I will go see dmom.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:47 am

I have treked up and down the stairs several times to the basement doing laundry. Last load is in the washer now. Yea!
I made a planting plan wrote it down and the rain has stopped.
I moved the deck chair out to the place I put it for summer.
S2s x
I will be doing some rounds outside in a bit quick ones to start because it is still a bit cold out. 48* now.
Journal & planning is done.
I am having some lemon tea now.
Left over turkey sausage meat loaf is the meal plan for today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:13 pm

cheering you on d nancy :D

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi everyone!

Well, I did it. I bought a car, no loan it belongs to me. After the repairs (which the dealer covered), there was still some vibration and it definitely has that "old car" feel, but it runs and is paid for, making it an ideal car. This is what it looked like new: https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2008-Ford-Edge/. Yes, mine is orange, no wandering the parking lot looking for a nondescript car for me! The interior is not the red one described in the article, but a pebble beige. It is worn, but serviceable and it got me here this morning. The "warranty" is 15 days/500 miles. We had some impressive winds yesterday, so I was able to determine its stability and road noise. Great for the former, ok for the latter. I used it to take the cats to adoption clinic. We are hoping that whoever is bleeding will have an episode while they are separated, but it is not happening at home now. My guess is Briggs given his age and the condition of his fur, which is a little rough. He is due for a dental because he is 10, but I don't want to do that until we know if he is bleeding. If so, it will either delay the dental or add procedures to do while he is under anesthesia.

I should have slept well because no one stole my pillow and no one yowled. I didn't because the heater in my house broke. I will enjoy a few days debt free, but may have to get it fixed. I checked the obvious like pilot light and circuit breaker. This morning the microwave, which has always shut off after several back to back uses, cut out mid tea fix.

Tuesday, the x was put out because I wanted receipts for the medical expenses he was claiming for DD17. I told him, "The IRS won't take my word for it." He probably thinks I want to be a pain in the tailbone, but it is really that I don't trust him. It's also true about the IRS, even if we were both saints. He shouldn't complain, when I get a bill from him, I pay it straight away. I will pay my legal obligation right up until it ends, then he never sees another dime from me. (DD17 won't be cut off, just him).

blessedw2: I know the honking woman was aggravating, but I suggest checking DH's taillights, brake lights, and fluids and maybe even following him on a drive, just in case she was not being a turkey. Last time I followed someone honking like a madwoman, he had sparks coming off his wheel right at the brakeline.

Congratulations to Ramblinrose and family!

Return to “Post When You Can”