A Pathway Through Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: A Pathway Through Thursday

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Congratulations to New Grandmother RRose!

I don't know what happened to me yesterday. I was just bored and tired and I slept on and off all day. Up 2 hours in the evening late, then slept all night. I guess I needed the sleep for some reason. I wasn't ill. Today feeling more chipper and I'm trying to stay busy and trying to quit worrying about stuff.

I have to send an email today I'd rather not send. Just like a DPC. This is a DEM.

Anyway, I better find something to do. Maybe I'll take a trip to bank.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:56 pm

It's not just orange.
It's Blazing Copper Metallic.
Congratulations, Elizabeth. Looks like a smart choice of someone who intends to get a lot done on their way. And finding a car easily in a parking lot, or having friends able to know your car as it approaches - these are good things.

Morning coughing - Kathryn, HRH also awakened like that. We have an odd "atmosphere" in our area as the super-saturated earth encounters the fast approach of warm weather and pollen. Also, he made homemade lemonade yesterday and thinks it was a mistake, making his throat feel "scratchy".

Thinking of Cathy's dh and Kathryn today, and others under the weather.

LadyM, glad you are home safe after such a nice time.

My Pathway through Thursday (and PODA) began with a trip out with HRH, who had blood work this morning. Back home we ate as we'd planned for brunch, which was a victory over a lot of temptations along the way. A cake of cornbread I made, and beans, greens.

No sooner than we finished that, doctor's office called and we spent some time learning about med tweaks and getting those situated/ordered.

blessed said of sprints and marathons:

I am more like the bulldog you see owners pulling behind them.

Lately I'm becoming more inclined toward marathoning, when I can get off the leash. ;) I was reading the Kon Mari theory of "make up your mind and just get it done". Thinking about that one.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Still haven't showered.

I have made turkey soup, though. I had 2 carrots left so used one and some frozen broccoli. It looks pretty with the colour. I have to say the Great Value frozen broccoli is much nicer than the high-end or low-end frozen broccoli from my local store. And cheaper. (Also made in Canada as are their potato chips.)

Last night I spotted a post on Reddit about a young woman asking if her parents can legally empty her bank account. Turns out they are controlling her and starting to push for an arranged marriage. She immediately started selling everything she could to raise money to get out and was waiting for exams to be over. In the meantime, airfare when up and her parents took all her ID (so she can't fly anyway) and she overheard a meeting they had with someone about marrying her off. Oh, and her brother was sleeping by the door so she couldn't sneak out.

With that update, it was unanimous that she call the police for protection. She got the nerve to do so this morning after a pretty sleepless night and is now at a Tim Horton's with an officer while others arrange to get her possessions. She's safe. She was following the advice of someone and keeping tin foil and wire secretly tucked into her clothing so that she'd set off a metal detector at the airport should she be abducted. It would give her a chance to ask for help as she was being searched.

It is nice to know the rest of the story. She said the policewoman with her is wonderful and told her that sometimes the most important thing is to be physically safe so she can figure out next steps clearly. In the meantime, this young woman has made 'friends' with people all over the country (people were offering to donate to a go-fund-me and someone else to buy the ticket with her frequent flyer miles.) So she has resources to help her start out wherever she ends up in the future.

That's the second good Reddit story this week. The other was a mother posting about a lost stuffed animal at a local mall. The animal's photo showed up a day later with details as to where it was being kept. My local Reddit tends to be a pretty horrid place with some really rude people so that was a good news story there. The other story was on a different sub-reddit since the story started out being about access to bank accounts.

Elizabeth: congrats on the car.It looks like the perfect vehicle for you, especially with the cages. The vibration might be wheel balancing. Has that been done?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:01 pm

Lately I'm becoming more inclined toward marathoning, when I can get off the leash. ;) I was reading the Kon Mari theory of "make up your mind and just get it done".
awesome!
I also believe in make up your mind... but my mind tends to,... SQUIRREL! ..., wonder in multi (SQUIRREL!)ple directions. 8-) :D :D :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:14 pm

kitchen: morning routine done including vacuuming and swiping
dw is running itself

hi d kathryn.. turkey soup sounds wonderful.
an arranged marriage - I have known of one girl who chose an arranged marriage but to be forced into it is kidnapping. Proud of her for contacting help. Praying for her.

hi d harriet! praying that everyone coughing right now gets relief from their allergies. my d mom has that as well. praying for the meds work just the way your dh and his dr. wants.

hi d harmony - bored and tired sounds like you were actually under the weather! glad you had a good night sleep.

hi d elizabeth. yes car was working fine - we checked - all lights etc. are great. off our road people tend to speed as there is an open spot and don't realize that the sign before our street goes down. plus if there was a problem with something dangerous I think since they live on our street they would have told him. I think they probably haven't seen this car before (it stays in the garage) that they didn't realize it was a neighbour. One of the new people and they probably were in shock that he turned down their street.
Congratulations! on the new car!
praying for Briggs!
hope you sleep better tonight.

Congratulations d Rose and family!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:15 pm

time for vacuuming the front hall, family room, front room, and powder room, dh is eating lunch (so I will wait for the dining room).

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Way to go gals! Thanks for the atta girl bw2.

I have the kadt loiad in tne dryer.
The laundry that is dry is folded and put away.
Have emptied compost and loaded branches did 30+ min. Of yd work, moved the top shelf in the plant cage.
Taking a breather now.

The dog keeps bringing me my gardening shoes she must want me to go back outside. :mrgreen:
Lunch is next.
I neext to do some transplanting.
Also have some more seeds to plant.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:05 pm

The soup was really good. It felt like it was clearing out my sinuses (I assume that's the poultry seasoning, savoury, and thyme.) I'm almost out of crackers, though.

I'm going to try that shower now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:15 pm

oh so cute d nancy!
the soup sounds wonderful d kathryn

finally finished my morning routine, dh talked about taxes etc. and swept from under the couch. how that gets dirty in a week, always amazes me.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Haven't done a whole lot today. Slept fitfully & am a bit tired today. DD and I plan to go to Trivia tonight. Think it's been well over a month since I went. First I was sick & then dd was gone a bunch of Thursdays. She's had to keep putting off doing her taxes and finally bit the bullet Tuesday night & paid the extra to T Tax for a live person. She got a message they'd call her in 120 minutes. So she waited & answered at around 10pm when the phone rang. It immediately disconnected & she then got the message: "Sorry you missed our call". At that point she went to bed. From then she's out till nearly 11 Wed, Thurs & Fri and working all day. So, hopefully she can get it done this weekend. The problem is that dsonil worked for a friend of ours in NY from April - end of October last year. They had to take a withdrawal on his retirement in February & according to TT he'll owe for the entire amount for NY taxes. Doesn't seem correct to either of us so that's her battle right now.

Forgot to tell you that dd bought me a new mesh metal wristband for my F it Bit. It's working, Kathryn and not irritating me at all. I'm loving my fit bit by the way. I'm walking more steps than I ever have, but it's sure not showing in my weight yet. In fact I'm up the highest I've been in a few months. What's up with that?!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”