Planting seeds Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Planting seeds Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:26 am

“Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson

Judging by our posts recently, there are a lot of seeds being planted! It's Spring, energy is up, cold season will soon be over and taxes will be filed!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Planting seeds Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:42 am

I'm feeling really stupid about tax return, honestly, but I'm not letting it get to me. When we went over it last night I had missed one of the bigger contributions. :oops: :oops: Dh and actually discussed letting a friend - a CPA - do it next year, and dh had been anxious enough about me getting it done to discuss w CPA doing it this year. I worked with this guy for several years and he and his wife are great friends and dh and I agreed he will do it next year! And because dh has sent him clients, he probably won't charge an arm and leg to do it.

This morning I need to clean up the wreckage from yesterday before dcleaning lady gets here. There are papers spread out everywhere. M and I are planning for a little shopping trip later, and tonight dh and I are going to the preview party for the big art show here that kicks off the season at the market area.

I'd better get going....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 am

Hi!

According to dh, I am going to bingo tonight at a local Catholic church. The same church we are going to tomorrow night for their Ham Roll, which is sort of like a fundraiser. Dh volunteered as a runner for tomorrow night. I can't remember what the jackpot is for the bingo tonight, but I think it's over $2,000. A friend called to tell dh last weekend. "Hey, nobody won the jackpot, next week it's ..." Dh has at least 1 customer tonight and 5 tomorrow!

So... supper is probably pizza at the church.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:15 am

hello hello!

wishing you all a great day - thank sweet twins for starting us.
hi d cathy and to all.

I am behind the 8 ball bc I slept most of the afternoon yesterday
We have sunshine today!
The Cranes are back!

-I will make my heart ultrasound thingy appointment today.
-i also have to talk to the insurance.
-Thinking about dd younger.
-thinking of d old dog - she is having a harder and harder time getting up. still as happy as can be but i have to consider the future for her.
-do some pool work today and ask dd older to come in and help me with the pump. (the cap is stuck and she is stronger and between the 2 of us we should be able to do it.
-15 minutes of weeding

today: is supposed to be zone day but I think I will switch that out and do another declutter day and anti-procrastination work.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 am

Although I am planting many seeds of change ( :) ), my only new "flora" story this spring is my blueberry bush, which has presented with a bountiful crop of berries. Highly unusual in our area to grow blueberries, and in fact I've never seen it done, but dd39 and children were right - their gift is doing beautifully. I took a photograph showing all the now-white berries against the red of the barn and it came out great. Have sent it on to dd39. Hope the resident rabbit out there doesn't eat them all, lol.

So happy for LadyM that she's enjoyed sprouts this spring and the fun of seeing the mini-lushness they offer - it makes you smile to look on a windowsill and see your field! Also very satisfying to think of the nutrition.

Dd has 2 bags for donation so I hope to add to that around here today.

I have some Desk Day needs to meet as well.

We missed National Pet Day yesterday, my dstepdil tells me! Oops! She suggests everyone celebrate by giving extra attention/observation to pets. Examine for well-being, searching for anything that might be wrong that they can't communicate, even if it's in their environment, like a water dish that needs a good scrubbing, a bed that isn't really comfortable any more, etc.

Dd changed the water in Axol the Mexican Walking Fish's tank yesterday while she was working in her room.
On cue, someone fluffy has jumped into my lap so I must have been here long enough.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:37 am

Planting seeds of kind words. Wise, knowledgeable, experienced, considerate, loving, creative all come to mind when I think of those in this village. Idiot and stupid are not words that accurately describe SHE friends.

We are getting around slower than normal this morning. And that's okay. It is 8:30ish and I'm the only one up. DS10 has been up and talked for a few minutes then he went back to bed. It's nice to have the option to do that.

I have been outside (wearing a coat!) to check on the swim pool status and start the cleaning process again.

It only got down to 40F last night so the plants are fine. Saturday night will have the lowest temperatures so I will be watching that forecast. I haven't counted but I know there are more than 50 containers planted with tender seedlings. Moving those containers indoors will be a PITA. Covering them would be easier but may not be possible if the wind is blowing 50+mph. Hopefully, the temp will stay above freezing and neither of those options will have to be implemented. #SpringTimeGardenChallenges

Elizabeth - I'm thrilled for your successful vehicle search. I've heard nothing but good about the Ford Edge from friends. Congratulations!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:56 am

yay on dd's donation d harriet.

hello d lady and d harriet.

off to maybe a TOTH ... wishing you all the best. :D :D :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:17 am

According to my Milk Calendar (Cathy will know what I'm talking about) it is National Grilled Cheese sandwich day. I had put grilled cheese with bacon & onion on the menu for today but dh would prefer the leftovers from the other night. So maybe I'll have that for lunch.

I'm awake. Not overly productive but the kitchen and bedroom are tidy. I've vacuumed the floor exposed by the sofa being moved out and behind the bookcase next to the sofa. So everything is ready for the fibre optic installer.

I'm feeling spaced out, likely due to the congestion. At the moment I feel completely clear but in a few minutes my sinus will drain again. I'm at the groaning stage, I just keep groaning because I feel under the weather.

Dh is on his way home now but has one more errand to run for me. Tomorrow is an insanely busy day. I hope I feel better by then.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 am

Hoping you will definitely feel better in preparation for tomorrow's "busy" day, Kathryn.

Before I forget: Thank you, Harriet for adding Lady M's symbol from yesterday. And while I'm at it -I had completely forgotten (like in perhaps forever!) that symbols page that Harriet so nicely prepared for us. Do yourself a favor and go check it out! There's so many there that I have wished for off and on over the years.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:19 am

Went to Trivia with dd last night. Came in 2nd but very close to first. Our 'leader' reminded us to just bring tip money next week. Have about $50 to spend. I couldn't get to sleep for hours last night. Was up early & took my T-med and made myself lie back down. Ended up not getting up till nearly 9:30.

Dh, DS-R, ddil & dgs14 went to the home opener of the Red Wings baseball team. They had 4 tickets or would not have probably gone. They really bundled up. The temp was 39℉ and the wind blowing up to 30mph. If not for the 'free' tickets they probably never would have gone. But there's a 50℉ guarantee (at least for the home opener) & they could each get another free ticket. Whether they did or not I'm not sure. Just hoping none of them end up sick after pretty literally freezing their noses & toes off.

DD has their 2nd playoff game in Orlando tonight and I think dsonil is going to New Port Richey to hang a door for a friend. Guess that leaves me and the dogs.

I just now finished my breakfast -not that I have a slow start or anything. I need to do a LOL & went into the laundry room, fully prepared to start folding dsonil's mountains of clean clothes. Lo and behold! He must have finally folded them last night. I had thanked him for reminding me that I absolutely had to do laundry today (I'm now officially out of underwear) & he must have taken the 'hint'. :D He had everything loaded in there. Or perhaps dd said something to him.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”